Pipp's Warren pre-2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sas

Pippis the most adorable ND dwarf onRO and of coarse PB's Pebbles.:inlove:

That Dill is a Real Wild Man(Bunman) he is such a character,he's just Too Cool, and your such a Great Writer, you really make mesmileever time I read your post.

What a True Angel you are to take care of all these Rescue Animals,They are Truly Blessed to haveYou!:yes::great: :great::great:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

She is sooo cute looks just like my bunn but only he is all black and has grey feet. I like the white color. :)

Pipp wrote:
Ihave to hunt down some fully-body Snuggy shots to comparedewlaps. I swear Darry's going to trip over her'skirt'!
Yes, Darry has developed quite a dewlappie! It looks likeshe's wearing a big cowl-neck sweater! Rememberthose? Do you know if she ever had a litter?

Snuggy's dewlap isn't that pronounced. She just looks really plump all over - very ROUND. :)

February32006Rabbits015.jpg

tenacrewoods wrote:
Pippis the mostadorable ND dwarf onRO and of coarse PB's Pebbles.:inlove:

That Dill is a Real Wild Man(Bunman) he is such a character,he's just Too Cool, and your such a Great Writer, you really make mesmileever time I read your post.
Awwww, gorsh!!! We're all blushing!! :blushan::blushan::blushan:

I meant to thank you for your great advice on all your posts,Mike. When I was toilet trainingmymechanically-challenged roommate and expoundingonthe art of flushing the mechanically-challenged john,Iremembered your signature... I had initially tried tellinghim how to do it, nada, then I went in there with him to demonstrate,still didn't work.Then I remembered your siggyandstood there and watchedHIMdo it, andhe figured it out!!! (I was mentally thanking youprofusely). Andthen he movedout.:rollseyes Oh well!:biggrin:

Thanks again! :thanks:

That's very nice of you to notice,Pipp

I studied and researched very hard when I started thinking about owning Bunnies!

Your advice has been Greatly Valued and appreaciated ashaseveyone else's on RO! :great:I learned more from this Forumthen almost anywhere else on the net and there's no better Place thatI'd rather ask advice or get help from!:thanks:RO!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I CAN'T POST PICS BECAUSE YET AGAIN PIPP ATE MY CAMERA CABLE!!

AND IF ANYBODY WANTS SHERRY, COME AND GET HER!!!

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Okay... calming down now. :lookaround I have toadmit I was almost bunnied out. (Can someone makeme a rabbit graphic with a big red 'X' through it?)

Sherry is still a MEGA pain in thebutt.:banghead It's all quieton the Western front at the moment, but I know she's just storing it upfor another all night and half the day session. (I reallyshould wake her up so she's tired out tonight, but I just need thepeace). :whatevah

The story ... I'm bunnysitting for Dawn (Aurora369) 'tilJanuary. Dawn and Ryan dropped off Wildfire, little Zeke andBaxter yesterday. D&R were running late, so it was aset up the pen, a quick pat and out the door. As noted inanother thread, they were all totally freaked out -- Baxter was shakinglike a leaf and petrified, the others weren't that muchbetter. But I quickly built them some hidey boxes,offered a little lettuce, and all was well. With those three,anyway.

THey're right smack in the middle of Dill and Sherry'sterritory. Dill, bless his heart, was awesome. Myroommate says it'sbecause he thinks he's human, so when hesaw the bunnies,it was like, "Rabbits! Cool! Hey,what's for dinner?"

Sherry, on the otherhand, has been grunting, biting through the bars (Ihad to very quickly build another pen around the pen, seeing as shemanaged to bite everybunny at least once -- and me and all threecats!!!), body slamming into the grids, grabbing and shaking them withher teeth and pooping and peeing EVERYWHERE. Okay, I expectedthat. But she just won't quit! It went on all nightand this morning. I have no idea whereshe's gettingthe energy. She's only just now tuckered out and lying besidethe pen relatively quiet. (She's totally abandoned Dill, somuch for the bonded pair).

I think the neighbours are ready for rabbit stew. :growl: (Soare the cats -- and I maybe checking outa receipe or twomyself).

Pipp, except for for her really bad wire habbit,has also beengreat. She came to terms with her territorial issues whenDill andDarry, and then Sherryarrived.She hasour room and anythingoutside our room doesn't exist. (Other than respondingwitha few poops when Sherry poops,pees andgruntson the other side of the bunnygate -- and nowthat I'm thinking about it, Sherry never did stop doing that, so shemay never quit with the others, either!) :shock:

Anyway, that's Sherry's problem, not the bunny-sittees! Theyare SO SWEET!! I wanted to refrain from saying who myfavourite is until Dawn signed back on and had a chance toguess... I don't think she'd get it right... Butthe winner is...

:waiting:

:blueribbon:

Dec42006+006.jpg

BAXTER!!!

He is the SWEETEST guy! I love him to bits! Andactually, I think Sherry's sweet on him too. She bit my footwhen I was petting him, and I thought she was jealous because I waspetting another bunny, but now I think it's because she has designs onBaxter. She doesn't like Wildfire at all and REALLYHATES Zeke. (But frankly my dear....)

Updates will be tough without the camera cable. And on thatsubject, I have no idea how Pippmanaged to get thatcable. It was on my desk tucked away behind themonitor. I haven't seen her on the desk since I changed theset up eons ago. I leave the room and come back to findhersitting on my desk chair lookinginnocent.:innocent No quickmovements like she had just jumped from the desk. But ALL thecables back there are chewed, some worse than others, includng mymonitor! None of the other four bunnies chewwires,I don't know why she's sofanatical.Somebody promised to drop off some treebranches for me (not that she's ever showed much interest),butthey never appeared and aren't responding to emails,so... And she doesn't like 'toy' wires, only liveand important ones. :grumpy

Anyhoo, I am wrapping things up 'cause I have to start back to work pretty quick (I've run out of reasons to not do that).

Jan, if you've got a FedEx number, I'll package up Sherry, I believeshe's on your bunnynapping list. (Heck,what's your address? I'll foot the bill!)

EDIT: Here'ssome ofDawn's pics.

Dec42006+011.jpg

Here's Zeke, Baxter and Wildfire (from Dawn's thread). :)

Dec72006+009.jpg

They look just like this when they're here -- except they've got twohidey boxes, and there's a lot more poops.:disgust: (The territorial thing). I expect thatwill die down.

No offense, Dawn, but somebunnies in there are just a littlestinky! It doesn't help that Wildfire hogs the big litter panfor her bed. Zeke is too young to care, they justfall out of him wherever he is (babies!), but Baxterliterally has no where to go. :biggrin: I put in abigger one, we'll see how that goes.

sas :whistlingpipp :bunnydance:dill:bunnyheartsherry :devilradar and darry:toastingbunsbaxter :bunny19zeke:brown-bunnyand wildfire :brownbunny

Do I need to send "The BunFather" up there to break up any fights?

He's moping 'cause he got kicked out of his bedroom so Eric could have it back again...

Ever seen a 17 pound rabbit mope?

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Do I need to send "The BunFather" up there to break up any fights?
Can Tiny come sit on Sherry? That might be the only thingthat makes her quit! (Actually, maybe they'll bond,hmm.... :ponder: And then Miss Bea can come bondwith Dill, and then.... )

TinysMom wrote:
He's moping 'cause hegot kicked out of his bedroom so Eric could have it back again...
Ever seen a 17 pound rabbit mope?

Hey, that was HIS bedroom! Must be nice having a bedroombunny who mopes ratherthan throws tantrums... like SOME<coughpippdill> bunnies I know.

And Dawn, my apolgies for sayingyour bunnies arestinky. I do believe that's my bunnies!:baghead I just discovered a whack of pee tuckedaway on Dill and Sherry's side of thepen -- a ton of it andboy was it smelly.(It was the old 'pee in/on/aroundthegreengarbage bag on thefloor'trick).(You're still into me for a pair of slipperssocks, though!)

I've now got your gang running around (with Dill and Sherry locked inthe basement stairway, hopefully asleep).

I've got bad news about Zeke -- he can jump!! But maybe youknew that. ;) All of my bunnies are blocked with a one gridhigh fence across the doorways and other places I don't want them togo. Nobody has ever jumped those grids (although maybe Pippused to, I don't remember). Zeke doesn't thinktwice. He's over in a flash without even pausing when he getsto them! :shock:

This could be a loooooog three weeks! :biggrin:

Zeke is STILL out there running everywhere full speed, but the othertwo went back in the pen after about 20minutes.:rollseyes Baxter made a secondround, though, he's pretty fearless. Wildfire is stillchoosing to be a homebody. So I guess I'm not going to breakit up when somebunny chases her, it's the only exercise shegets! (More like a game than harrassment, so I'm not tooworried).

I've been lap cuddling Zeke alot, so no worriesthere. I haven't picked up Baxter, but he's getting constantpets in and out of the pen.Wildfire isn't up for asmany, but she seems pretty happy. :)

All is well, have a nice trip. :kiss:

sas :whistlingpipp :bunnydance:dill:bunnyheartsherry :devilradar and darry:toastingbunsbaxter :bunny19zeke:brown-bunnyand wildfire :brownbunny

Bunnysitting Update:

Baxter hopped over the pen. :shock:

He was SO proud of himself, too! Thank GodI wasthere and Sherry wasn't! I still don't know for sure if shewants to bond or bite him. I held her next to him and shelunged, so...

I've now got grids on top of the corners where the hidey boxesare. He hopped on the box, which isn't all that high, andthen jumped the fence from there, but they love those boxes, couldn'tbear to take them away. Zeke likes to take a flying leap ontothebox from across the pen, slides across the top, smashesinto the pen wall, shakes his head, jumps down and does itagain.:rofl:

And I cleaned up all MY bunnies' flood of territorial poopsand pees outside the pen, and now I'm back to thinking it's YOUR guyswith the ... uh... fragrance. ;) I thinkZeke is coating the other two. Yuck! Boys! He-monesbe gone!

sas

(maybe we should make a Dawn Down Under blog?)

Additional: Baxter seems really thin, quiteboney... and he LOVES veggies, and he also loves Zeke's highprotein pellets (a lot more than Zeke does), I'm trying to feed him andZeke more, and at the same time cut back Wildfire's pellets.Zeke is also a veggie fanatic, I had to take away thebowlyesterday because Iwas afraid he wasn't used tothem, and he seemed intent on eatingthe whole bowlhimself.They're notused to a lot ofveggies, right?

sas

Feeling like this? :pullhair:

Sounds like a zoo over there! Im sure things will settle down after afew days...theyre just testing their boundaries right now and exploringthe new place.

Im sure youre having lots of fun though! ;)

Pipp

Just an FYI....one of my bucks (Spidey) used to CLIMB up the NIC cubes to get out of the rabbitry (I use NIC for the gate).

So while he's probably jumping - it IS possible for a rabbit to CLIMB....

Doesn't that make you feel better?

Peg

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Hey! SAS

Why don't you pickup a$6? 25ft.extention cord and cut it in like 4 sectionshide the ends so Pipp can't tell where it hooked up and leave the loopsout for here to chew till her little hearts content? :dunno:Ijust Might fool Her!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

TinysMom wrote:
So while he's probably jumping - it IS possible for a rabbit to CLIMB....

Doesn't that make you feel better?

:shock::thud: :imsick:

And it's now pretty clear that Sherry and Baxter are NOTmaking:loveeyes at each other, it's morelike
moon2.gif
or :boxing.

They had quite the tussle through the bars tonight.

Meanwhile I have to figure out a way to tell Dawn they're all far too awesome to give back. :ponder:

tenacrewoods wrote:
Why don't you pick up a$6? 25ft.extention cord and cutit in like 4 sections hide the ends so Pipp can't tell where it hookedup and leave the loops out for here to chew till her little heartscontent? :dunno:I just Might fool Her!
Mike, she likes to keep 'current'. :D I swear shecan tell a live one from a dead one at 20 paces. She also canspot that annoying camera cable a mile away. And I guessshe's not keen on ringing phones and the DSL-powered Net access, 'causeshe LOVES going for those (live) phone wires. She's no dumbbunny!

LOL! And as I'm typing this, I look down and she's chewing a dead phonecord she fished out of the garbage!This may beworth another shot!

Below is a repeat of my Bunny George post in the RB thread, with an update.

Georgehas since called and left a message on my answeringservice, I think he's in denial, he said that Wayne had lapsed into acoma three weeks ago, he was still in a coma and to pray forhim.
icon_sad.gif

Someone on a local rescue board also directed me to aCBCdocumentary on street people and their pets, andGeorge is oneof them, although in that story, he says the bunny's name is'Howard'.It'sdefinitely the same bunny,though. Turns out George found him starving in Stanley Parkone winterbeing eyed by a coyote.

Here's the photo that ran with the story (thanks to JadeIcing for formating it for me).

bunnygeorge.jpg

And here's thelink, to the whole story --click on'Creature Comforts', and then Creature Comforts again on the next page,except the text, not the headline (that would be tooeasy),and George is on Pg.4.

http://archive.cbcradio3.com/issues/2005_02_25/main.cfm?IssueId=176

sas

-----------------------

Asfriends and roommates know, I’ve been obsessingsince the summerabout finding Bunny George – a homeless manin my neighbourhood with a little Pipp look-a-like named ‘Wayne’ ridingon top of his shopping cart. The bunny was his whole world.It struck a chord.

I met George in front of a pet store this past summer, sitting on thewindow ledge with Wayne in his arms, licking his fingers.George was dressed in a cowboy hat with the cuffs on his pants at leastfour inches above his ankles. Wayne, he said, was four yearsold. He'd had him since he was a baby. The bunnyhad obviously just had surgery, his shoulder area was shaved, Georgeconfirmed that he had been very ill and had been to the vet.He told me that he himself was also a vet, but then couldn’t rememberthe name of the ailment that Wayne had. (He also said he wasa Texas millionaire, had 800 bunnies, and he had to go catch a plane toBuenos Aires but he’d be back tomorrow. George obviously hadmental issues).

At first, George didn’t really want me to pay much attention to Wayne,he later told me that people had tried to take Wayne or hurt him(although I got the impression it was unrelated to hissurgery). He made reference to some out-there conspiracytheory. I dismissed it at the time, but now Iwonderif he was being harassed bypetactivists as wellasteased (or worse) by thugs and neighbourhoodkids. He warmed up to me and became more communicative as wetalked about our bunnies. When I left, I told him I hopedtorun into him again.

I couldn’t stop thinking about George and Wayne. I think itwas because of how much George loved his littlebunny. I really feared for him. I started casuallyasking about him at the pet store, each time relieved to hear his bunnywas in with him and both were okay.

Then I started actively looking for him, at least once or twice aweek. I wanted to give him a big bag of hay and pellets if heneeded some (the pet store let him run a tab, but they said he wouldn’taccept anything they said was free), and make sure he was still beingtaken care of by a vet. I never did find out what vet he wasseeing or how he paid the tab.

I left my phone number with the pet store, and left messages -- andactually got one in return, saying (amid a bunch of weird stuff), thathe’d like it if I could bunny sit, or drive him to the vet if he neededto go there. The pet store lost the note, although they saidhe didn’t leave a number, anyway – not too surprising. Asgood as the pet store was to him, none of the clerks ever thought todial the number and hand him the phone, or call me themselves to tellme he was in (I was two blocks away). I always missedhim.They never remembered to ask who his vet was, either. (Imay be broke but my credit's good).

I bonded with a number of the other street people in my search, I’dcheck in with them to ask, and they’d pass on messages, too -- butthese people don’t have cell phones.

The street people weren't judgmental, but othersoften shooktheir heads about a bunny “living like that.” But I told themI couldn’t disagree more. I can’t imagine a better home forWayne – even though he really didn’t have a home atall.

When we had a snowstorm two weeks ago, I found myself again on thestreets walking around looking desperately for BunnyGeorge.

I still blame myself for not trying harder – getting up earlier, staying out later, going out more often.

When I hit the pet store today, as always, I asked aboutGeorge. The clerks faces fell, and my heart sank.Wayne had died. George had been in a week ago with the news,still in tears. He told them it was ‘lung cancer’, but whoknows.

I said, ‘Oh, too bad!’ I paid for my pet food, and went home. And completely fell apart.

:rip: So RIP little Wayne. And George...I don't have the words to describe how much I feel your pain.I'm so very very sorry.

sas:bigtears:

Hello! Sas

I just wanted to say hi andthat this is one awsome Story,even though it's very sad. Most peoplewouldn't have went through the trouble or spent the time thatyou did caring about a homeless personand I really hopeGeorge is doing alright since his lose of Wayne.

You are a wonderful Writerand Person, youcanreally bring life to your subjects and canmakeone feel their pain and Yours!:great: Hope you are ableto find George just to be able to talk to him and see how he'sdoing.

Please let us Know if Do!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I have a new bunnysitter... Bunny George. :)

(see above for his story,his bunny was definitely named Howard, Wayne was his 'alias').

I figured George needed a bunny fix, so I arranged to meet him at a petstore a couple of days ago and I brought Pipp withme.We hung out therefor a good threehours watching Pipp and talking bunnies. He turned out to bea cool, perfectly lucid fellow. Whenheoffered to walk us home, I agreed, hechained up his cart andwalked the two blocks to my house, came to the door to see the otherbunnies, and it made him very happy (which made me very happy). :)

I called around the next day to check him out with some ofthehomeless advocates he mentioned, they all said he was agood guy. :thumbup

He called the next day to offer me Howard's leftover bunnysupplies,I said sure, invited him over. He camepretty late (probably on purpose, he's no dummy ;)),and beingincredibly cold outside with his only option being a space on the floorof a church hallway, and only until 6 AM, I offered him mycouch. :lookaround

(There's actually snow on the ground -- very very unusual -- and it's a zillion below).

He's still here.:upsidedown: He'spositively drinking in the bunnies, he's totally wiredtothem. I told him that Baxter, Wildfire and Zekewill be leaving tomorrow, and I thought he was going tocry. (Enough time has passed that we can talk aboutHoward without getting teary, but there are some tough moments).:cry2

(I found out that the primary cause of Howard's deathwaspneumonia, he diedduring the previous veryrarecold snap, which makes me feel even worse for not findinghim sooner). :cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2

He wants to come by (or move in :ponder:)and help me look after mineeveryday.:sweep

Thatmay mean I can take in some fosters (frankly,I'm bunnied out if I'm on my own, but maybe if George really does helpand somebody will let meFOSTER, I can take in another couple,we'll see how that goes).

Otherwise all is well (except that Pipp has become unlittertrainedandone of my cats is having a major allergic reaction tosomething). :shock:

Stay tooned!

sas:)pipp :bunnydance:dill:bunnyheartsherry :brownbunnyradar anddarry :toastingbunsbaxter :bunny19zeke:brown-bunnyand wildfire:bunny24

Back