Pipp's Warren pre-2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY! Glad ot hear Pipp is back to her old self.

I bought the EXACT same vacuum abouta month ago (on saletoo!). It's great - I bought it specifically for bunny furbecause the broom was just not getting it all. The filter isgreat. You really have to buy a pack of them though becausethere's only so many times you can dust it off. I found thathitting the soft fuzzy filter against the exterior brick of the housegets it super clean (don't ask how I figured that out....).

LOL!! Thanks Nadia, the brick trickworks!! The only drawback is there isn't an easy wrap orretractable function for the cord, which already has nicks in itgalore. :disgust:

Here's the avatar Dill is using for his own account in Bunny Chat --although he doesn't think he's a bunny, so not sure how often he'll gothere.

dillavatar.jpg

And FINALLY... here are some pics of the new girls!Oddly enough, they look about the same size, but Sugar (the orangegirl) is quite a bit bigger than her Mom, Sekura.

100_4621.jpg

Here they are getting along just fine on the couch. They'rebonded, but they sure fight a lot! :shock: They also have abad 'misplaced' aggression problem, when Sherry is grunting at themfrom outside their pen, they really fight.

100_4646.jpg

Sugar's right eye has a problem, it's closed or partiallyclosed most of the time, not sure why that'shappening.And Sekura was getting into fights withSherry and Dill as well as Sugar,and got her nose and mouthall chewed up before I decided the free-run bonding wasn't going aswell as I thought. :rollseyes

100_4652.jpg

The girls are pretty much confined to this corner pen, As youcan see, they are SLOBS!!!! They use the litter box as a'dig' play box -- this was taken just hours after I putfreshpaper, litter and hay in it! And they poop and peeeverywhere. :grumpy

At leastthey now have the three levels to hop around on andSugar can get away from Sekura when she goes to biteher. Sugar's fur had been VERY patchy, and I thinkit was from her and Sekura being confined together in that small shedcage. It didn't seem like she was molting. And nowthat they have more space and some escape routes, her coat has grownin.

That's all for now!

sas :) pipp:bunnydance: dill:bunnyheartsherry:brownbunnyradar:bunny17: darry:bunny19 and sugar and sekura:toastingbuns

I love Sugar and Sekura:bunnyheart, what a shameabout the fighting:?It's reallygood they now havethe space to have a bit of time apart:D

But goodness me, they are messy girls!!:shock:

Im in love with Sugar and Sekura! I have tworexy foster girls now as well. Its often difficult to decide whether toseparate them or not. They grunt and fight a lot. So far Ive kept themtogether..

So are you keeping these two or still fostering? :ponder:

Well, first off, I changed the cage around a bitat Dawn's suggestion, here's the slightly modified version that worksWAAAAAY better, they now have a double shelf to lounge aroundon. :)

100_4707.jpg

100_4708.jpg

The girls have almost completely stopped fighting now that they've got the space. :)

And they are technically fosters, but it's a moot point seeing asthey're not from a bunny org,they're Dawn's privaterescues. They're here as long as I am, though. Butwhen I have to move from here, I'm not sure how that willwork. :ponder:

I'll probably have to move into somebody's barn. ;)

I've got more news -- George again - but I'll make another post.

sas

Okay, George is back. :( Hecalled me the other day, the first time in a couple ofweeks. (He had sent me an email asking for a copyof a pic I had of him and his bunny Howard, although he signed itHoward). Apparently he had been hospitalized, I'm still notsure what that was all about, but he's taking psych meds, so that'sgood. :)

The sort of bad part is that as I suspected he would, he ended upbuying two bunnies from a pet store. :(:( :( I can't really blame him, none ofthe rescues would let him adopt.... But the really bad newsis that he has an unaltered male and female. And he won'talter them. He says he'll keep them apart, but it'sgoing to be tough.One of themis quitepossibly the cutest bunny I think I've ever seen.Ihad to invite him over, really wanted to check out thebunnies. He's still here, my roommate doesn't seem to mindtoo much -- althoughI think he would like George to changehis clothes, it's probably been a week or two. ;)

100_4704.jpg

This is Tommy, he's a young purebred dutch -- and definitely a cardcarrying member of the Dutch mafia. It's his way or thehighway. Definitely not a cuddle bun.;)He's supposed to be three months old, but he looksolder. He's a good size and his man bits are firmlyin place.

100_4700.jpg

100_4688.jpg

This little girl -- and she is little, all skin and bones, poor thing-- doesn't have a name yet, but she's a pb American FuzzyLop. She's a sweetheart! She comes to the window ofher box and I think with a little time, she'll be a kisser and agroomer.

George is keeping them in two very large cardboard boxes with holes cutin them. It's not as bad as it sounds, they've got lots ofroom, they're out of drafts. When it gets too messy, he justgets another couple of boxes. He's got them stacked on hiscart.

He regrets getting them in a lot of respects. When he gotthem, he was on a 'mission', and couldn't think of anythingelse. Nobody was around to say, 'not a good idea,George'. He would have listened. :( Buton the positive side, he's as expected, very protective of them, andthat's why he's taking psych meds. He says he has to 'keephimself together' in order to take proper care of them.

I've given him hay and pellets (although honestly, the guy is gettingway more money then me from welfare, especially sincethe:censored2: is still collecting rent from welfare bypretending to be living at my place). I don't knowhow long I can lethim stay, though.

The only other thing I really don't like is that he reaches in to pullthem out of the box rather than let them hop out on their own, sothey're becoming cage aggressive -- or 'box' aggressive I guess.

I just wish I would have just gotten him bunnies from Craigs listrather than holding off and looking for just the right situation forhim. At least I could have made sure they were sturdy andneutered. :(

But I guess it's done now.

sas

Those are some gorgeous buns. poor George. Hemeans well, but I guess he just needs some guidance. At least he hassomething in his life for stability now, a reason to stay on his medsand keep himself on track.

Wow...I love the cage setup you have for Sugar and Sekura...very nice! :)

Poor George...and those poor wittle bunnies...:( I hope he's getting the help he needs.

Ali, I believe he has Paranoid Scitzophrenia (sorry for the spelling).

Hugs to everyone!

Rosie & the Herd :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

George is definitely getting the help he needsright now -- from me! I'm still in the best position to keephim on track. The psych meds will sure help, but the mostimportant things for him are bunnies and stability, alongwithsleep and decent food.

OtherwiseI'd give him the boot. ButIcan'tknowing theconsequences to both him and hisbunnies. :sigh

Here's a not great pic of him and the baby fuzzy... who in my mind is the cutest bunny on the planet!

100_4695-1.jpg

sas and the (ever growing) gang of a million:

pipp:bunnydance: dill:bunnyheartsherry:brownbunnyradar:bunny17:darry:bunny19,sugar& sekura:toastingbuns, Tommy :rabbithop, the fuzzy :bunny16and George
expert.gif

Wow, George's buns are just precious! Im in love with this guy:

100_4704.jpg

And the other looks like Pipp with a fur coat. Too cute!

Bless you for helping George and the buns. I cant imagine how stressful it is to balance all that.

And I love Sugar and Sekura. They are just beautiful.:inlove:

Awww. How good of you to help takecare of him. He needs you right now sas. I hope thebuns will be ok and he will stay on his meds. That's greatthat he realizes he needs to and has some motivation for it, the buns!:D

Thanks for the pic of him too! How cute.:cool:

Pipp wrote:
I did promise Lisa from SARSBC (Small Animal Rescue) that I'd foster a little dwarf, so that still may happen, although that means an NIC cage in the living room, and keeping everybody apart. But we'll see. I really seriously can only foster the dwarf, because I'm renting my place and at some point I will be moving, andfive bunnies are a hard sell for landlords and strata councils.

I'm still hoping I'll be able to give up Dill, Lisa has the perfect family lined up for him, but I dunno about that. :cry2
Hahahahaha, remember these days? When 5 seemed like a lot?

Heh! Missed this last post! Sorry 'bout that!

I have to figure out what's gone since May. <sigh>

I think the squished bunny pics didn't make it... equal opportunity squishers! (And they always sleep sleep like that -- one way or the other).

sugarsekurasquish2.jpg

Sugar and Sekura

sugarsquished.jpg

Sakura and Sugar....

Sugar and Sakura (Dawn mightgo back to the'a' spelling) are with Dawn:tears2:and I have her three SARS fosters.:) Cookie though, the third sister,passed away suddenly of unknown causes acoupleof weeks ago. (Necropsy showed a bad liver, but why is still a mystery).

100_4885-1.jpg

Here are the fosters on my incredibly messyporch... (Oh, and those are my two'new' used carrier/tote things in the upper right hand corner). :)

100_4894.jpg

and in their slightly modified pen (where they can - and do - each have the own shelf).

stephriyaz1e.jpg

JordiWes and her hubby Riyaz were in town for bunny switching day and dropped by. :)

baxterriyaz1.jpg

Here's Riyaz and Dawn's Baxter. (Whatta smile! I love a man who loves rabbits!!)

con't....

Lesseee... what else are we missing? I think all of the Darry and Radar pics I posted ESPECIALLY for Snuggy and her mom didn't make it.

100_4835.jpg

100_4838.jpg

Darry

100_4846.jpg

Radar...

100_4848.jpg

A shot from my back porch... (I wonder if the landlady -- who lives next door -- has noticed that my rabbits ate her wall? Never... I repeat, NEVER... run out of fruit tree branches at the same time youput your backroom bunnies on ignore for a few weeks).

100_4827.jpg

Here's the pen when Sugar and Sekura were still in it. (They're sleeping in this pic!)

con't...

darryclose1.jpg

More Darry... (just for Snuggy!)

100_4793.jpg

100_4790.jpg

Sekura (who's seven!) building a nest... but she still had to come over to see if I had a treat for her. (Tho not sure where she thought she'd put it).

Which reminds me... did the story about Sekura'smouth problemmake it? I don't think so... She stopped eating and just sat in a corner looking stressed. I though it might be a tooth issue because she'd lunge forward when I offered her food (she's quite the piggy) but then wouldn't take it.

It turned out to be a 'mouth' issue. And a hair issue.

100_4721_00.jpg

She had ALL THIS crammed in her mouth and couldn't open it. She was looking prettyblue when I picked her up to look at her teeth and tugged at a few strands of hair... which begat a few more strands of hair... and it just kept coming!! I don't know how she did it. Her mouth is the size of the paper clip in the photo!

con't...

dillsherryrenee0807.jpg

Here's a pic my last roommate took of Dill and Sherry. (It was like living with a cadaver, but she took good photos).

100_4895.jpg

This is my new roomie, Pak. He's a sweetheart! When he first came to see the place Dill started pawing at his leg as he usual does, but then startedchewing a hole though his pants. I warned him, and he just giggled and watched. ;) My kinda guy!! (Too bad he's only here until September).

100_4851.jpg

Dill, where he's not supposed to be... on the kitchen table. I found him there in the morning, happily finishing up the last of a container of pellets. :X (Being the little gentleman he is, he picked up the container andtipped it so some fell on the floor for Sherry, waiting below, before going back to his munching). :biggrin2:

100_4914.jpg

Here's Sherry licking his ear as a thankyou.

Oh, and Pipp was sick... molar spurs again. And for some reason, she will no longer eat pumpkin. And she's really digging her heels in on the issue. Guess who won that battle?

Here's a hint... It wasn't me!

100_4869.jpg

smiley_aazc.gif
(for now)...

YAY! So glad to see you put your lost pics up (and added some more).

My fav is the one's of Sekura building her nest. Sooo cute.

And if he wasnt sitting in front of me, I would swearthis isMr. Tumnus regurgitated:

100_4721_00.jpg

And this is probably the cutest pic Ive ever seen. It makes me smile :biggrin2:

baxterriyaz1.jpg

So Dawn has S&S and you have the fosters...does Dawn still haveBaxter and Zeke?

Haley wrote:
And if he wasnt sitting in front of me, I would swearthis isMr. Tumnus regurgitated....
LOL! That's right! The Mr. Tumnus comment was probably the funniest thing I've read on RO!!

I hate losing posts... now I don't remember who said it or the exact wording (I'm also tired), but it was perfect!

Haley wrote:
So Dawn has S&S and you have the fosters...does Dawn still haveBaxter and Zeke?
Yup, Dawn is looking to bond the four of them. They got along on the porch, but Sugar apparently is being a bad bunny and biting the boys.

While I'm here, I'll addone more of Pipp, post-pumpkin...A disapproval candidate. ;)

100_4818-1.jpg

sas and the warren :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back