Pipp's Warren pre-2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
HappyDill.jpg

What a FACE! :kiss:

Yeah, how can you get mad at a face like that? :love: (Although he'scertainly testing that theory!

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Oh yeah Pipp, I almost forgot! There is a Pipp look a like at the Calgary Humane Society!

"Eclipse" - 3 year old male

75863.jpg

(http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/)
:inlove:

My new roommate (lovely fellow, an actor/scriptwriter -- which meanshe'll probably have trouble paying the rent, but oh well) -- has twocats,so I'll be up to five cats and five rabbits.

And Pipp hates other rabbits. The last boy she met (Dill) she went for his throat. :shock:

Anywhoo, I'm not going to be around much for awhile, got to get back in writing mode!

It's going to be hard enough to concentrate even without visiting theboard, seeing as darling Dill has discovered he can dostairs. I've already had to retrieve him from the bowels ofthe basement and from my upstairs' neighbour's hallway.
xeye.gif

That boy's going to drive me nuts!

Thanks all!! :kiss:

sas :wave:, pipp :bunnydance:,dangerousdill:bunny17,radar &darry :toastingbunsandsherry :brownbunny the former foster bun

haha.thats great :highfive:

Although, it doesnt mean you are off the hook for updating us with some pics...

Its been too long, how is the crew doing?

Pipp and your others are all such cuties!! I love viewing your pictures of them. ^^

steverebeccathankgiving06.jpg

This isa pic of my brother-in-law and my niece withSherry. (Oops, so much for taking the sheets off the couchfor company).

My sister is the white sheep of ourfamily -- she has herdoctorate, an associate professorship at Harvard, very nice, veryfunny...

We're not sure how that happened. :ponder:

Insult to injury, she met this guy on abus. He was a stinkin' rich (family money),paralegal at the time, nowhe'salawyer.Very caring, compassionate, smart,good-looking,loves people and animals, great father and hecooks AND does the dishes!

On a bus!!:shock:

Theguys I meet on a bus arejuststinkin'.Last onethrew up on myshoes. :yuck

100_2250.jpg

My niece and Dill. (Hoping she got hooked and can get suckedinto putting a bunny room in theirbig ole house).

100_2239_edited.jpg

Here'sPipp awake...

pippasleep.jpg

And here's Pipp asleep... (a rare case of being able to tell the difference).

(con't)

I loved the pictures Sas!.........Dill is asspunky as ever..i just love that guy!
rowofhearts.gif

And just look at this picture....oh my..Pipp has got the cutest little baby face

100_2239_edited.jpg

What a little princess
princess.gif

cheryl

100_2269.jpg

100_2266.jpg

And where would a warren update be without cuddle pics of the happy couple.

I don't have any of Darry and Radar (or the raccoons) -- poor dears arestuck in the back porch room. (Well, the raccoons have movedto the roof). It's also very hard to get good shotsof a black bunny anda (mostly) white bunny.

But the good news (sorta) is that I really think the new roomie whojust moved into the back room (that's attached to the porch) reallyjust might turn out to really bea bunny guy.

This is my Craig's List ad with the headline, "Must Love Rabbits"

**Comes With Rabbits**

Room for rent in a two-bedroom suite on the main floor of a (very) oldhouse in the heart of West End, three blocks from Stanley Park andEnglish Bay, an easy walk to downtown. Clean, comfortable double bedand chewed up desk, small TV and VCR. No cable, but high speed WirelessInternet included.
I've been renting it out on a temp basis, but I'm keeping an eye outfor somebody compatible who wants it long term. It really would be niceto live with a fellow rabbit lover, I'm housing five rescues here. Twoare in an enclosed porch attached to the room, I cut through to feedthem daily and change their litter, but I'd be thrilled if you wantedto take over those duties. (If you want to foster another one in yourroom, all the better). The critters are litter trained, but if you'returned off by hay, hairballs and stray bunny poops in the kitchen, thisisn't the place for you.
I’m anjournalist (music/film) who works from home, I oftenkeep odd hours, depending on what I'm working on. I'm quiet, liberal,tolerant, anal-expulsive. I'm into comfort, not aesthetics. I like tocook and mingle in the kitchen, but otherwise I'm in my room at thecomputer. The ideal roommate would be a quiet non-smoking vegetariananimal lover.

60b70ca3.jpg

Here's the house, btw.

THe people that answered the ad and had previously moved in said theyloved bunnies, but really just thought bunnies were okay, they LOVEDcheap rent. The screenwriter who moved in in August totallyignored them, he kindly allowed me to cut through his room to feed andchange litter, but never even went in therehimself.The day I moved two bales of hay into thebathtub was the day he gave notice. (So much for him helpingto bag it up). He wrote on a blog that I was 'totallyobsessed with rabbits', and his exact quote was:"I've gottaget outta here!" I was a bit miffed that he complained aboutstray poops on the floor. I almost re-read the ad tohim. We got along alright,I guess he was anokayguy -- for a civilian.

100_2223.jpg

Here's what he was crabbing about (although not to my face!)

The guy who moved in Nov. 1st, Eli, was apierced, gay punk22-year-old street kid-turned peer counselor.Iloved this guy, great kid, great sense of humanity.Buthe was a totalklutz --after 28 days,he still couldn't work the toilet.
42.gif
(Okay, it's tricky). He liked the bunnies, but he'dleave the litter pan on theshelf instead of the floor (andwonder why they weren't using it), give them a ton of pellets and ahalf a cup of hay,forgot the garbage on thefloorresulting in Dilleating rotted veggies andgetting sick-- and he passed outdrunk twice on theporch. (Eli, not Dill).Ididn'tmind, but when a place came upmore conducive tosuchbehaviour (chock full of rowdy students), he figured he'dbetter grab it, so Igather it was a regularoccurrence.
drunk.gif

That could have been a disaster, I didn't have the time or money to besuddenly roommate hunting again, but it turned out to be prettypainless. I got to keep his deposit (with his blessings), andthe first guy to answer the new ad was a good fit -- he's an Irishtraveler, here until April.

And he really seems to love the bunnies! (He's even offered his room for bunnysitting duties). :happydance

Oh, and seeing as I haven't updated this thing since waaay back when,they managed to fix my head tilt with some in-officetreatments.
happy8.gif
(A bit ANGRY that it took them a year to diagnose it and a week to fixit). :grumpy

Now just a few more bunny things and I'm outta here.
gone.gif

Imusttake another stab at finishing this bookI've been trying to write all year.
paper.gif

Bye! :wave2

smiley_aazc.gif

Hi Sas, great pictures and videos. Boy it sounds like you had some real winner roomies.

I love your house.

What is the topic of your book?

Susan:bunnydance:

Okay, great pics/vids and I love all your bunnies, but I haven't seen pics of Darry since April 4th!!!

Poor thing gets banished to the back porch and now no camera time! ;)

How are she and Radar getting along?

Susan, the book is on some rock star, I don't expect that anybody here will want to run out and buy it. ;)

Laura, Darry still picks on Radar, but not as bad. I thinkhe's finally standing up for himself! During this photoshoot, partly on my roommate's bed, they really started fighting -- Ithink it was misplaced aggression, Darry was mad at me and took it outon Radar, and he fought back! I had to separatethem.

Bunnies are weird!!

Thanks for asking!

sas:),pipp:bunnydance:,dangerousdill:bunny17:,sherry :brownbunny radar &darry:toastingbuns

Love the new pics!

I am also in love with Dill. He really thinks he owns the place!

Thats great that you have a roommate who gets along with the bunnies(and good timing too, seeing as how you will soon be plus three!)

Hey JordiWes, I've been wanting to havea bunny party, it just may happen yet. :santawink: Let me know when you're coming!

Haley, Dill DOES own the place. He staged a takeover the day after he arrive. ;) He kindly allowed me to stay (as long as I behave). :biggrin:

Meanwhile, it's been an interesting few days here. My furnace and hot water tanks both broke down. But it may just turn outto be great news. They installed two new tanks, but couldn't get them down the stairs, so they knocked out an old walled up door in the basement wall that I never knew was there. It leads to an old abandoned suite that they had been using for storage.They apparently moved all the junk out and had contractors in last week to lookat itto see about turning it into a suite again, but the costs were too great so they decided against it. Nobody bother rewalling the old door (they actually apologized and invited me to use it for my own storage!!), so now Ihave a basement! (I only used to have a tiny, hot furnace room). Of course my first thought was A HOLDING AREA FOR RESCUED BUNNIES!!

I'll have to check it out, the windows are boarded up and I wouldn'twant to unboard them even if they'd let me, it's a burglary invite, butif it's not too stuffy, it just may fit a few bunny pens. Not sure I can get this one past the landlord -- they think I only have two. They're SO not pet people, they see all my rabbits separately and think they're the same two. :rollseyes

I don't reallywant to go into the rescue business -- I wanted to form an education and advocacy arm of another association, butthere wasjust alittle too much drama for me-- but if there's a life or death emergency, it just may be an option.

(Yikes, what am I saying!!!)

sas :craziness

I love the videos.....now if I could train Tiny & Puck to do the laundry - that would be great.

:bunnydance:

TinysMom wrote:
I love the videos.....now if I could train Tiny &Puck to do the laundry - that would be great.
You won't think so when you find the holes in your clothes. :mad:(Although that's mostly a Pipp trick -- she's (almost) teaching me topick up my clothes, something my mother failed to do!)

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Aw, there's my girl!

She really is a lot like Snuggy, looks AND personality! Poor Radar!

Darrydoes have that same oh-so-kissable Snuggyface! I've always LOVED Snuggy's face!! (And BabyBunny Wrigley, too ... wherever Wrigley is).

But is Snuggy this much of a slob? Darry is THE messiestbunny ever!Her little box had been cleaned thenight before this pic! And no way can I go for wide-angleshots in that bunny's room!

And I have to hunt down some fully-body Snuggy shots to comparedewlaps. I swear Darry's going to trip over her'skirt'!

naturestee wrote:

Yay! I've been waiting for more pics of yourcrew! Pipp really does look a lot like Mocha- no wonder she'stoo territorial to bond!;)
Pipp does look mocha-coloured, doesn't she? From the firstday you had Mocha in your avatar, I mentally bonded with you 'cause shelooked like a Pipp! (Can you imagine Pipp and Mocha together?:shock:

sas ;)

Latest posts

Back