Pet rabbits are NOT to be released into the wild! A read for everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyatt101 wrote:
One other thing: i'm sorry, but rabbits aren't valued more (or equal to,) children! If you had a child, you care about it soo much more than your rabbit! This does not mean you should not take good care of your rabbit, just that your children really do mean more than the rabbits. Just a thought.

I know she's 12, and I'm not trying to be mean, I just feel that the comment implies that I don't care about my child because I treat my rabbits like I treat him.

And it is the exact same sentiment I received from the bunny dumper when I said it, and it REALLY aggravated me for her to say it.

dungeonbunnies wrote:
Hyatt101 wrote:
One other thing: i'm sorry, but rabbits aren't valued more (or equal to,) children! If you had a child, you care about it soo much more than your rabbit! This does not mean you should not take good care of your rabbit, just that your children really do mean more than the rabbits. Just a thought.

I know she's 12, and I'm not trying to be mean, I just feel that the comment implies that I don't care about my child because I treat my rabbits like I treat him.
it.

Really? I don't think her comment meant that at all. And i dont think she was saying anything to you personally. And i think she disagrees with what that woman did too. I think she just meant there is a difference between a rabbit and a child. And put me in that category too. Because I love my rabbits with all my heart. They are spoiled beyond belief and what that lady did was wrong. Hands down. But I unequivocally, without a doubt, love my son more than my rabbits. I just had to state that.

agnesthelion wrote:
dungeonbunnies wrote:
Hyatt101 wrote:

it.

Really? I don't think her comment meant that at all. And i dont think she was saying anything to you personally. And i think she disagrees with what that woman did too. I think she just meant there is a difference between a rabbit and a child. And put me in that category too. Because I love my rabbits with all my heart. They are spoiled beyond belief and what that lady did was wrong. Hands down. But I unequivocally, without a doubt, love my son more than my rabbits. I just had to state that.
:yeahthat: I love my rabbit with all my heart, but I love my son more than I love her.
And Bex I'm sorry, if you really loved your rabbits the way you loved your son you probably wouldn't have left your soaking wet freezing cold rabbit at home alone to go to school. If it had been your son, would you have done that? Probably not. So that says, that animals are NOT the same as children and we would all choose our children over our animals.
What this woman did is wrong, no doubt about it. But Hyatt didn't mean anything by what she said.

We are getting off topic here though, this is about Jack's fate and not who loves what more.

Has anyone heard anymore about the rescues that Katie got involved?

It's not off topic because it relates to how this lady views "rabbit people" Jacks fate is irrelevant because Jack was taken by a hawk...well that's what this lady thinks happened. But point is, Jack is no more.

The goal now is to convince her or get her to see our side that releasing a rabbit into the wild is NOT right because she wants to get another one and we don't want it to happen again. I think we lose credibility if we try to convince her rabbits are equal to children. So it very much relates so we as a group can sound more credible to her to achieve our goal.

But from the sounds of it, a lot of people have emailed her and this happens to be one persons opinion. I don't see how us turning on Bex here and arguing amongst ourselves is going to solve anything, that's all I meant. I am not trying to offend anyone, I am just saying that we don't want to lose focus on the big picture by bickering amongst ourselves like so many rescue groups do.

I should have elaborated, it's about Jack's fate and preventing it from happening again is what I meant to say.

I don't really care about the politics of it, I just want to save a bunny from that fate. I would say the people threatening her are a bigger concern, but I agree that opinions like that are things that should be kept out of it.

Hopefully I am making sense.

I wasn't turning on Bex. I was defending Christina who is a 12 year old kid. :)

I'm out of this though, it's getting too crazy....

Thanks lisa. I meant no harshness by my comment, and I'm sorry it has aroused all this trouble. But, if you had to choose between your child or your rabbit, which would you choose? Your child! I have no doubt you are a good parent and bunny owner, i wasn't insulting either of those things!

I wasn't trying to attack Bex, but if you say that your love for your rabbits is equal to the love for your children, then something like that happens...your love for your rabbits isn't equal for the love for you children. Its really as simple as that.
And Lisa is right, you lose credibility if you try to convince someone that rabbits are equal to children, because I'm sorry...they aren't. If there is a fire, who are you going to save first, your rabbits or your kids?

I don't want you guys to mistake what I'm saying. I don't agree with anything she did, I don't agree with anything she is saying and I definitely don't agree with her getting another rabbit and doing the same thing she did to Jack.

Everyone is welcome here :)

I think we can all agree that we love our rabbits dearly and our hearts hurt when we see others being abused. Maybe agree to disagree on this side issue and get back to the main issue? :twocents

Hopefully Katie will hear back from those rescue organizations she contacted and we'll get some good results from this.

I think this is the first time I've seen drama on here get worse than the drama at my high school. :( Please calm yourselves... This is about a rabbit being abandoned, not who loves what how much.

By "threats" does she mean legal threats? I doubt anyone threatened her in the way she seems to be trying to make it look like.

dungeonbunnies wrote:
Then perhaps someone like me doesn't belong here.

All us bunny people belong here :biggrin:

Perhaps this woman won't be releasing any more bunnies into the wild (I hope) :rollseyes

Well, she's left the nice ones up. Makes me wonder what the nasty ones were like; did anyone really threaten her?? Can people post copies of what they said, that was deleted?

I don't think this discussion with Bex is going to go anywhere. Best it's dropped.

I agree. This is all off the discussion

How is Jake? Is there any word on the nutty lady and the 'threats' she claims people are making against her?? Waht does she even mean by threats?

She deleted mine and mine was very civil and certainly not threatening in any way. At the end of the day, her "version of the American Dream" as it relates to releasing rabbits is ILLEGAL. I don't wish anything bad upon her, but I do hope an official rabbit organization or the local police approach her with some sort of warning.

I'm confused. On Shelly's blog it says that Jack found his way back and is living on her back porch, getting Timothy Hay and free ranging the countryside. Is that out of date? I think I read it in a response to one of the most recent posts.

If he is alive, it doesn't make it ok--it's still cruel and dangerous to leave him out, unprotected, day and night.

Latest posts

Back