Pet rabbits are NOT to be released into the wild! A read for everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
167.340. Animal abandonment.
(1) A person commits the crime of animal abandonment if the person intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence leaves a domesticated animal at a location without providing for the animal's continued care.

(2) It is no defense to the crime defined in subsection (1) of this section that the defendant abandoned the animal at or near an animal shelter, veterinary clinic or other place of shelter if the defendant did not make reasonable arrangements for the care of the animal.

(3) Animal abandonment is a Class C misdemeanor.

HA!!!! This is Oregon law!!!!

Ok I don't get it. If she couldn't/wouldn't take of Jack in the first place why the ^&*% is she getting another rabbit? You don't have to have a rabbit and "lock" it up in a cage all day. Hpmh, she probably wouldn't think to do this to a dog, but it's ok for a rabbit :X

I just can't stand the way people treat animals.

**&^^ and yes animals are part of the family too :X:grumpy: No less then human children.

I'm not sure who that is haha. But good. This lady doesn't get it. Is that first blog still online? Because that's good evidence of what she did for animal control.

It is one thing to house a rabbit outside.. but to let it go into the wild, that is just wrong. I hate the fact that she even getting another rabbit. Didn't she say the one she let go came back and is living in a hutch by her house? Or is that a rumor?
Either way it is against the law. If she can't even take care of the one (which she let go) and now wants another one.. she will have some serious charges of animal abuse against her. I will be following this topic. :)

It's not living in a hutch. It's just running around and came back to her house, probably because that was the only place it knew. She had two rabbits; she already got another a while back and now she wants a third. One of her rabbits was eaten by a hawk, I believe, surprise surprise.

Kipcha wrote:
It was so nice of her to post on her Facebook about how they're getting another rabbit in the spring and they're doing the exact same thing. And how cruel we all are for containing our rabbits. This woman just does not learn.

In the immortal words of the Joker, It's a funny world we live in.
oh god... see, this is why I say nothing good comes from visiting facebook. I was in a MUCH better mood before I saw this!!

I mean, it's SO cruel of me to keep my bunnies in a 120+ square foot "cage" where I "deprive" them of the opportunity to electrocute themselves, starve to death, eat poisonous plants or get brutally slaughtered by one of their natural predators.

OMG! :shock:

And I feel guilty that my kids are "in jail" this week while I'm gone. My husband isn't comfortable letting them run all the time. Yet their jail is 6 ft x 11 ft and safe. I couldn't live with myself doing something so horrible to one of my babies.

Go get her Katie! I hope she is prosecuted. :banghead

Left a comment on that recent blog. I hope she sees the truth.
Katie, thanks for your research into the law and contacting the animal societies out there. I hope something can be done to stop her.

She STILL doesn't get it. And her sunshiny attitude makes it even creepier! Like she's "smiling" as she releases a domesticated bunny into the wild...........

Sigh......

Oh god yes this woman sounds crazy and yes I am picturing a creepy smile and a "kill you with kindness" type of attitude in her response. I think the first time she was just really uneducated and now she is getting another one just for spite... FYI I somehow believe that Jack never made it back otherwise why would there be need for another bun. Thi lady is crazy and nuts and I do hope she gets charged for this!!

Also just read the second blog and this woman sounds like she is living in a very naive and ignorant bubble perhaps brought on by her childhood. I tend to be naive about many things in life yet treat any living thing with respect and uttermost care as an equal.

:yeahthat:
I just looked at this woman's blog and I really do think she's seriously disturbed. As others have said, "creepy" is one word to describe it. Horrific is another. She's in complete denial about her cruelty and she seems to be enjoying the negative attention she's getting.

Legal channels and warnings to local shelters are probably the best way to go. Informationor reason isn't going to stop her. Thinking of her doing this to yet another rabbit while acting as if she's teaching good values makes me want to cry or be sick. I hope she can be prosecuted or at least prevented from adopting more.

:cry1:

Latest posts

Back