Pet rabbits are NOT to be released into the wild! A read for everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have it correct, she lived free-ranging for awhile, but one day disappeared; presumably by a hawk.

The issues are first; she released a rabbit into the wild(illegal) and then posted in a blog about it. So anyone else reading it might also be influenced into releasing animals. It is the example she made, and I would like her to change that.
Also, she leaves her newest rabbit free-ranging, day AND night, it seems. This is not safe; Jack already got eaten. We would like her to give him some safe housing. She's also thinking of getting another rabbit, and what is the point in getting a rabbit just to let it potentially feed predators?

Following is a cut and paste of what I read in Shelly's post. I just noticed it says "Jackie" not "Jack". Don't know what that means.

"What your group doesn't know is that Jackie hopped her way right back up to the front porch where we made her a cozy home and she got on beautifully with our kitties, hens and enjoyed: Timothy hay, the sweet peas and other yummy cover crop that we grow on this large property. I love my animals to be free, that's all."

Yup, but on her facebook page, in a comment she says, ' that's what the "haters" didn't know either, she came back, made great friend with the cats and hens. We hand fed her every minute practically, she slept either with the cats in their front porch beds or her other fav spot, and had free range all over the property. She stayed close to the house and garden and then one afternoon she didn't hop over to me when I called. She was taken (probably by a hawk) in the daytime:( About two weeks later, Dogcat was taken by a wild thing, and then this week one of our hens. This is life in the country...'

I think Jackie is just short for Jack. I call Reuben Rubey, and all kinds of for shorts. Bronte was Bronnie, even lol.

Just to clarify--Jackie is Jack. She found out he was a she. We'll see how this goes. I seriously hope we see some legal action taken (towards her).

Oh, I though Jackie was a boy. This story has gotten so mixed up, does anyone know the general story going on now?

Latest posts

Back