Perry Taken a Turn for the Worse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the update!

He might not like his pellet mush, but eating veggies is a good thing. And Pernod really does sound like an angel- what a good nurse!

:pray::pray::pray:

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Perry:(

Firstly, is he on any pain relief? I am sure his eye problem is painful and pain will stop him eating.

My Vet tends to opt for more heavy duty antibiotic treatment than Baytril in cases as advanced as Perry's sounds. IF he has an abscess behind his eye I doubt Baytril will touch it. My Vet uses INJECTABLE Penicillin for advanced dental abscesses or head abscesses.

If Perry is very frail then obviously a GA is risky. But maybe its a risk that has to be taken as Perry obviously cant go on as he is. And I suppose without knowing what is causing the eye to protrude its hard for your Vet to come up with a treatment plan.

I know the Rabbit Clinic at Bristol Zoo is happy to take calls from Vets needing advice on handling complex problems. Perhaps your Vet could give them a call

http://www.vetschool.bris.ac.uk/langford/cas/rabbitclinic/

My Vet, Christobel, can be contacted on 020-8898-0528

I really hope something can be done for Perry

Please give him a nose rub from me

Janex

Ohh i'm just happy to hear that he is at least eating a little bit,what a good boy!

Aww bless Pernods sweetlittle heart..she loves her boy :heart:

Lots and lots of get well vibes still coming :kiss:

cheryl

Perry is not so good, I'm afraid to say. He took his Batryil this morning, then the usual few dandelions etc, but he is just skin and bone. As for his eye - it's horrendous. I rang our surgery, and was surprised (and pleased) that they have an emergency clinic this afternoon at 4pm, so we are going to that. I doubt it will be the same vet, but that doesn't bother me.

Jane, thanks for the info. I am going armed with all the details I have been given here, along with phone numbers etc. I am so desperate, I'll do anything to get my boy well. We haven't given him the Metacam today,as it doesn't seem to make much difference, and I think he tries to eat more when not taking it.

I'll let you know what happens at the vets.

Jan

I really hope your Vet can make Perry feel more comfortable. It must be heartbreaking for you to see him so unwell :(But he will take comfort in all the care you are giving him.

Janex

They have kept Perry in - they are going to have to remove his eye :(. They may operate tonight, or tomorrow morning,depending on how strong he is feeling. He is quite frail, and they warned me about the risk during the anesthetic. They are also going to x-ray his skull at the same time, to check what is happening with his teeth.

He climbed into my arms at the vets, and I told him he had to be a big, strong boy and come back to us. At the moment I just feel numb. I kind of knew that the eye would have to go - it was protruding so much, and today he had no vision in it - but it still hurts. I will update later:bigtears:

Jan

Oh Luvabun! I am praying from Perry, I hope he will get better after they remove his eye and that all of his pain will go away. Good luck!

-Ashley:pray: & Fluffy:brownbunny& Flopsy:bunnyangel:

I'm so sorry he's going to loose his eye. It's doubtful they could have done much else to help him though. Much vibes for Perry and the surgery, and vibes for this being the end of the illness!

:hug2:

Jan :hug2:

We are praying and sending our strongest vibes. I am so sorry you're going through this. There's nothing quite so awful as seeing our babies suffer :cry3

:pray:

:tears2:This is just too sad,poor little guy

i'm praying so much for Perry

cheryl

I am praying for you and Perry.:pray:You must be going through so much, I wish I could give you a big hug. :hug2:

Latest posts

Back