Perry Taken a Turn for the Worse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you know, Perry had a dental and lump removal last week (http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9505&forum_id=6&page=6

Well he was doing really well, eating, pooping, playing as normal. Until yesterday afternoon. He didn't want to be around me, or more suprisingly, Pernod. He just wanted to sit in a corner alone. Then he stopped eating. It was like he wants to eat, but can't. I know he has an ulcer caused by the teeth, so I tried him with soft food, grated carrot etc - nothing!

So, I took him straight to the vet this morning, and they have kept him in :(. They agree that it is the pain of the ulcer, and the vet had a look and said it is looking really sore. So they are giving him more pain meds and are going to syringe feed him. I am sooo worried for him. They are going to phone me later, but I am a wreck, and can't concentrate on anything. Please keep my baby boy in your thoughts :(

Jan

Aww Jan, poor Perry! I'll be thinking of him and you. I really hope he's ok! Keep us posted about how he is

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:bunny19:brownbunny

Poor Perry!

I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he will feel up to eating once those pain meds kick in. It has really been a bad time lately for bunnies and teeth problems. Geesh.

Give Pernod a little kiss from me and the boys. Shes probably as worried as you are.

Im praying for your little one:pray:

Haley

Aww, poor Perry. He will be in my thoughts. I hope the handsome little guy feels better soon.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers :hug2:

Oh God, No.

Come On, Perry....you get better!

You and your babies are most definitely in my prayers and will remain there. Please keep me posted, Dear Heart. I'm sure you're beside yourself. My heart goes out to all of you.

Much Love,

-Carolyn:pray::rose:

Hi Jan, Just got word about Perry... So sorry to hear he's under the weather.:(

We will definitely be sending positive thoughts and prayers from here. Keep your chin up!

I'll tell SLG when she gets home from school and have her send you an email.

Give Pernod a hug and an extra treat for fortitude!

Raspberry

On no, I missed this!

Poor Perry! And poor Jam. :(

Pipp won't eat when she's inpain (at all), but bounces back with the pain killers, so here's fervently hoping Perry does the same.

I'll be watching for updates, please let us know. :hug2:

sas :pray:

Oh no! I just got on the computer.Thats so sad. I looked at the computer this morning but saw posts that he was fine, and now this evening there is posts of him not too good!

I hope he gets better. He is in good hands at the vets! I will pray for him to get better. We all love you Perry!

Sorry to hear about Perry!

I do have a question about him tho... is he the dutch in the pic?

The reason I am asking is that Pez my Dutch is in hospital for a problem with his mouth as well.

There is a Doctor in Indianapolis that my Doctor is consulting. Check out my post in this section about Pez need prayers.

I hope all goes well for him and will being saying a prayer for him with my Pez's prayer

Susan

Thank you all for your thoughts. It's been a rough day for Pernod and me :(. The vet phoned me this afternoon - Perry wasn't eating anything on his own but they were giving him Science Recovery (which is like Nutrical) which he was taking off a spoon. No poops, though. She said his mouth was in a bad state and they may x-ray his skull to see what is happening when his teeth grow in. She said that if he makes it, then it could be a long term condition requiring more surgeries :(.

I just phoned the night nurse (it's 11.15pm here) and she said Perry has settled in, is still taking a little food, but no sign of poops still, which is worrying. Poor Pernod can't settle (like me). She keeps looking at me, and sniffing where Perry usually sits. I feel so bad for her. I think it's going to be a restless night.

Susan- no, it's Pernod who is the Dutch. I hope Pez is doing OK and that the vet in Indianapolis can shed some light on what is causing the problem - aren't bunny teeth the pits!

Once again, thanks for your continued support - we all appreciate it.

Jan

Pipp wrote:
(Well, it's my night, but I keep thinking about him). :(
Yeah i have been thinking about him as well,it's 9:30pm here and i logged on to see if there were any updates on Perry

cheryl

Thanks for asking. The vet rang early this morning. Perry is still taking 'soft' food, and he has peed and pooped a little, which is a relief (for both of us). He still can't manage any solid food, despite being on painkillers, so they want to keep him until he can. They are going to try him with dandelion leaves (which are his favourite) later on and call me back this pm.

I have swapped my days at work so I can be home today with Pernod, and available if Perry can come home. The girls I work with are great, and know how I feel about my babies, so they were OK about changing days. Pernod is still restless, but she is eating etc, so I'm thankful for that.

Will let you know what's happening later.

Jan

Latest posts

Back