Perry Taken a Turn for the Worse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan, I'm so sorry. It sounds like both he and Pernod understood what was going on, though. Hopefully that will help her grieve. I know that nothing I say can help with your pain, but I think you did the right thing.

:hug2:

I have been thinking the same Varna!! i hope Pernod is doing ok,i also hope Jan is doing ok also,i haven't stopped thinking about her :(

I know she will come back in her own time and let us know how everything is going

cheryl

Thanks for asking. Pernod is still eating OK, but she looks so sad. She lays in one place, then goes outside, then comes in and lays somewhere else :(. Every time there is a noise, her ears prick up and she goes to see if it's Perry, only to be disappointed, and it breaks my heart.

John and I are spending a lot more time with her, but we aren't bunnies. I am still breaking down in tears - I just miss him so much, and expect him to be there. I am going to post some new photos- taken in the last few months - both here and in their blog. It's the way I want to remember him - as a fit, happy boy.

PerryCloseupFullFront.jpg

PerrySnow.jpg

Jan

I love these photos. What an attractive bunny.

Your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard for us when we lose a rabbit and we understand death...but for another rabbit....that must be heartbreaking.

Are you thinking at all about getting another rabbit for Pernod? Would that help?

Please continue to share the pictures - I know it helps me with the grieving process even though I didn't know Perry....

Peg

What a babe!

:tears2:

PerryCloseupFullFront.jpg

No wonder Pernod was so in love with him. It's nice to see pictures of our boy.

I've just come to the forum for the 1st time in ages and say the post about Perry.Such terribly sad news Jan. I'm so very sorry to hear about Perry - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amanda

Hi Haley. There is a stuffed bunny that we got when they first arrived. Pernod has always attacked it :?. It is still in the cage, and this week she has had a real go at it - torn it's ear, dug at it, dragged it etc. I think it has been a way for her to workout her anger, if that makes sense. She has also dug at John and I,then made a clucking noise and lay down beside us.

I did wonder about getting another bun (although John isn't keen), but have decided against it, for the moment at least, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Pernod is a very territorial girl - when we looked after my friends rabbit in the summer, we couldn't let Pernod near her. Secondly, as long as she is eating, drinking etc, I feel she is doing OK, although I know she misses Perry terribly (I can see it in her eyes:(). I feel it is not another bun she is missing, but Perry himself. If she became so depressed she stopped eating, then that would be different. Thirdly - and this is a purely selfish reason, so I apologise - I don't think I could imagine seeing her with a different bunny. She and Perry fell in love the first night we got them, and they were a perfect match for each other. To see her with another would really hurt me. However, I would do it if I thought Pernod would be better off.

She has become a little perkier the past day or so, and is outside at the moment, eating grass and running around the garden, so I'll see how she gets on. Thanks for your concerns :hug2:

Jan

I'm glad to hear you and Pernod are holding up ok Jan. Poor girl, it sounds like you're doing the best thing for her.It's best to give rabbits a chance to grieve and come to terms with their friend's death. I hope she becomes a bit happier soon. Hugs to you and Pernod.:hug2:

Jan, you know Pernod best and she's so very lucky to have such an attentive mom :hug2:

Oh no! I am so sorry. Hope pernod feels better about it soon.:rose::pink iris:

Latest posts

Back