Penny is building a nest!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DyemondRabbitry wrote:
Hehe- I dunno.... The whites are so covered in their nest it's hilarious (I'll have to post a picture of her fort) and the reds just came last night about 9:00- so it was still dark out.. I get you some soon- promise.
I hope soon means TODAY. I'm off to work and hope to expect baby bunny photo's from you or Penny's kids. Be back in 8hrs ish.

gingers_giants wrote:
Im about to go out in the parking lot here at my work and do the "please have babies now!!" raindance.
:bunnydance:Well, definitely DON'T do the "p.h.b.n." raindance indoors, with the co workers looking on They'll think you're loopy! (Of course, most people think the rabbit-obssessed are loopy anyway, but that's a whole different discussion....)

My co workers already think im crazy because I am so random and I talk about all my rabbits lol. If I dont talk about rabbits atleast once a day they think something is wrong :D

Haha I told her that this morning. I said "penny..if you have the babies you will be much more comfy and happy." She just stared at me and give me the stinkeye.

Penny Update!!

When I got home tonight there was fur lining the nest!! WOOOHOOO!!!! No babies as of yet, but ill wake up tommorow to a nest of bouncing baby flemishes

gingers_giants wrote:
Penny Update!!

When I got home tonight there was fur lining the nest!! WOOOHOOO!!!! No babies as of yet, but ill wake up tommorow to a nest of bouncing baby flemishes

:woohoo *keeping my fingers crossed!!*

DAGNABIT!!! Wabbitmom12 here....posting under my hubby's name by accident....AGAIN....

Penny Update...again. lol

I got home this morning and went out to check on her, and there were not babies...

BUT!!

There was a ton more hair and it looked like she really started lining the walls of her nest with it and the bottom of the nest as well. I petted her told her she was a good girl andI loved her, and left her be.

Im now over at my mothers house for the afternoon. I took Gabby and her babies with me since they stay next door to penny. I wanted to try and give her some piece and quiet in hope that she will maybe have them sometime today.

My dad said that she is just holding out to have them on his Birthday..which is tommorow. It would be nice to come home this evening and find a nest of babies.

The wait is killer thats for sure. I just wanted to give you all the most recent update!!!

Im keeping my fingers crossed

Ginger <3

Penny Update...

So last night I got home from my mothers house and went to check on Penny. She had one baby in the nest. I called Cathy(bluegiants) to tell her the news and she told me to bring it in so I did. An hour later went out to check on penny like Cathysaid to doand she was sitting on the nest so we left her be till this morning. The first baby I found stayed the night in the house with us

This morning I go out and there is a cold dead baby in the nest. I took it inside, my dad and I tried for an hour to revive it with no luck. I called Cathy to give her an update and said I was bringing in Penny to stay in our indoor cage and she suggested that we put the nest in as well and put the baby in it. We brought the nest in and penny in and put them in the cage, well Penny proceeded to tear the nest apart and hide under it (she likes to hide her face under everything..pillows, blankets, towels, ME. lol) Thankfully I hadnt put the baby in there or it would have been a disaster. Well I let her settle in for a little while and it was time to have the baby suckle on her. She didnt want to cooperate and have the baby be in the cage with her to nurse (she wouldnt stop hiding in the nest and straw) So we had no choice but to bring her out of the cage and put her in my bed to nurse the baby. It worked really well and its little belly fattened up. Thankfully Penny is a good girl and didnt fight us once we had her laying down and the baby was nursing.

I would like to thank Cathy for being so wonderful and talking me through everything between last night and this morning. Im sure ill need a lot more of you knowledge as time goes on. :D I really cannot thank you enough.

So this is the update as of now. If I dont answer replies its because I am not near a computer till tomorrow morning :D Ill be more than happy to update again then on the progress of the baby rabbit. Ivan named it Piccolo since its small..I thought it was cute and fitting..he doesnt usually take the time to name our rabbits so Ill happily keep the name :D Have a good night everyone :D

Back