Peg's Lionhead thread / babies/ moms & more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOO HOO...

Kiwi is pulling fur (she's out in the rabbitry and I just went to check on her). Girly Girl is starting to nest and the other girls are going, "Stop pacing....leave us alone...go bug someone else.."

Oh - and Isenstar just looks at me and smiles and goes "na na na na na na....I'll have them when you're not around.."

Peg

Well - after making a beautiful nest in the back corner of the cage...and pulling loads of fur....Kiwi had three babies - all in the MIDDLE of the cage (she stuck her nose in the nest - and her butt outside) - all broken - and all stillborn. The first two were either broken tort or broken blue tort and the last one was broken black.

She very well could have more...although for now she's not in her nest and she's looking longingly at a carrot in her cage and thinking about it.

As I told someone already - if there are other does that deliver healthy kits between now and tonight - she WILL have at least two babies in her nest to foster. She really grieved over the one I saw her trying to clean and bring to life...

I will update later as more things happen. Isenstar is now pulling fur and Girly Girl is making her nest directly under her water bottle (even though I've moved it twice already). Art says that she knows she will need to drink more as a nursing mom - I swear she's planning on giving the little ones water and telling them mama's off limits sometimes..

:biggrin2:

I just checked again - Kiwi keeps looking at her empty nest and staring out into space. I wonder if we took away her stillborn babies too soon for her to understand?

Isenstar is pulling fur like a mad woman....oh - and she pulled her carrot over into her nest partly....and Girly Girl is still pulling a bit of fur but she's a bit behind Isenstar.

Kiwi is breathing like she could still be pregnant - I will keep an eye on her for a bit....

Isenstar is my smallest -I'll breathe easier once she has hers..

Peg

Isenstar had babies - at least four - maybe five - I need to look better in a minute...they look so cute too..

Peg

As many of you may know, Rosie (Maherwoman) was going to get a trio from me - they were born last February. They were Dusty, Drew & Bun Bun and they were from the same litter. In October, Drew passed away suddenly and then earlier this week Bun Bun also passed away suddenly. We are beginning to suspect that there may be genetic issues causing this.

Because of this, Rosie decided (and I agreed) that it was best to not ship Dusty to California but to keep him here....at least for a while - but most likely permamently. We are concerned that he may have hidden health issues and the stress of a flight could put his life at risk.

I decided today to take some pictures of him while he was out playing on the couch. It does show how messy the couch and recliner and living room is right now - so I'm hesitant to post it - but I really do want to show pictures of Dusty...so here goes.

Peg

Thank you so much, Peg, for posting those. It's so nice to see his sweet foofy face...

Last night was the first time I've been able to confront this, losing my three babies. And, honestly, I feel like my dream has died. I'm not mourning just the loss of Bun Bun and Drew...but also the loss of Dusty, as (unless I can hop a plane to ya) I will never actually meet my baby boy face-to-face. And even with how much it hurts to let go of the dream of meeting my baby, it would have hurt so much worse to go ahead and fly him, go pick him up, and find that he'd passed during or shortly after the flight. I honestly don't know how horribly that would've affected us and you, Peg...not to mention how horrifying it would have been for him.

I can't describe accurately how all this has me feeling. To lose three in so short a time has been quite devastating to me...my heart is just completely broken, yet I feel numb all over, too. And I can't even confront it all completely, or I'll cry for days, and right now, Em is still so sad over losing her baby that I have to be able to be there for her. But I have to be honest...I feel like crawling into a hole and just crying for days.

I'm sorry to be so negative, but I kinda feel a bit alone. I don't think anyone but a select few would understand how I'm feeling. And I'm just not able to TALK about it just yet. I can talk about how it makes me feel, a bit...but much more than that, and I fear I will completely break down...and Em's not ready for that quite yet, to see me that upset.

Not to mention, my stress is starting to affect Maisie...she's chewed the fur on her tail shorter than it should be, and I know it's a reaction to my stress, since she's so closely bonded with me. I think this is the most stress and grief I've felt in a very long time, and at the very least the most since I've had her in my life. I'm sure she doesn't know what to do in response...so I'm keeping an even keel for her, too, as I'm sure she'll go into stasis in response if I break down.

I talked to Danny a bit last night about things, but tuned it down, as I looked over and saw the stressed look on Maisie's face. My sweet bondmate...she's bonded with me, and prefers to stay that way, as opposed to bonding with bunnies...so I have to be careful.

Just pray for us...that's the best thing anybody can do.

But I will say...the babies coming home last night did help quite a lot. We really needed some of the joy they bring into the house. (And it was so cute, too...they all kept stealing hay out of Maisie's cage...but she didn't seem upset about it at all, just kinda reacted maternally, and watched and sniffed...but didn't rush over or anything.)

Hugs,

Rosie*

It's so hard Rosie, especially because you never even got to meet them, that somehow makes it more awefull if possible. You never got to touch them, kiss their faces, watch them learn to do stuff, it must be so hard.

I understand a bit about how you feel that you dream is lost. Most especially, I felt my bunny dreams shatter with the passing of Lucky, then of my BunBun. I just felt so proud of those two, so happy that through RO I had managed to bond two rabbits, and give them a good life, then it all just fell to pieces. First they started to fight a bit, then I was in the e4arly stages of rebonding them, then Lucky died and I just felt my world crumble, that she and BunBun never kissed and made up. I was so paranoid that he would think she hated him, and so sad that it had to end that way.

For a while it's going to be hard for you, you know that, we know that. We are here for you. I am glad you can talk a bit about how you are feeling on here. I'm having a mega hard time with talking about how I feel and wish I could, reading your stuff helps me to think about how I feel though.

New joys are wonderful! I really hope they bring you a lot of happiness to help heal over the pain.

Peg, I loved your Dusty pics! No one cares about mess, goodness, if you saw how messy it is where I'm sitting right now, you'd be horrified. Anyway, it's my theory, you can' have bunnies without messes!

I need to pull up her pictures later - but Art & Robin both looked at the pictures of Dusty and said, "Wow...he looks like GingerSpice..". They were both shocked to realize she isn't in his pedigree at all!

Oh well....

He had fun today playing on the couch and sitting on Art's jacket. He finally got caged because he was a bit too comfortable on Art's jacket and Art didn't want him peeing on it....something he IS known for doing..

Peg

Haha, that's funny about the jacket! I don't think Art would be very impressed though, somehow.

I've got foster kittens that do that with clean washing, I have no clue why, they don't do it with dirty clothing, just clean stuff. They will always pee in it if I leave it sitting around, then sleep on it!

LOL, guys!

Looks like I have another fabric pee-er, too...Velveteen peed ALL OVER the blankie I gave him last night, hehe! Add to that the fact that I just turned around and caught poor UTI Hobbes peeing on my sweatshirt...UGH!!

Oh, what a day...

Latest posts

Back