Peeing outside his litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashew

Reaction score
hi everyone I need some advice. have a 2-year mail mini Holland lop who is neutered. he would always always go to the bathroom inside his litter box with a few droppings outside all of a sudden he is now peeing outside the litter box in one corner. I have had to put puppy pads down. he does still go inside his litter box he eats his hay he's eating just fine all his other food he's behaving normal. except for wanting to pee outside the litter box. I have cleaned that his whole environment I have cleaned the litter box I have changed nothing as far as products that I use. he's just decided to now pee outside the litter box. I'm at my Wit's end what do I do?

I would try to block that corner. I put chunks of firewood at such places, the access to their litter box is rather narrow now. Oh, and I put a second, lower, smaller litter box in front of their big one with the hay rack, their water is at the smaller litter box.

I've been watching him he runs to that area pees then he will jump into his letterbox. very strange behavior he's never done this before and now he's doing it consistently

Agreed! My guy needed a bigger litter box. Now just a few miscellaneous poops outside the box as he's turning around. Almost like he waits to the last minute and can't turn around fast enough lol

Thank you everyone but my little guy has a huge litter box with plenty of room for at least two to three bunnies. He's had never had a problem using it before. This is a behavioral issue. I'm currently trying to figure out what changes are needed to be made.

Has anything changed in his area? Is everything laid out as it always has been? Any new pets in the home? new furniture? new routines?
no that's why I'm so baffled he doesn't seem to like the litter box he has any longer is as if he's refusing to use that particular box I'm going to try a box with low sides see if that's any different

We got Oreo A big litter box and cardboard in it he uses the Litter Box now allot

no that's why I'm so baffled he doesn't seem to like the litter box he has any longer is as if he's refusing to use that particular box I'm going to try a box with low sides see if that's any different
I switched my bun over to one that has a coated grate that sits right in the box and I just put litter in the bottom. I dont think he liked the "mess" of the other litter box. Basically, I dont think he liked getting his feet dirty lol

Do you have a photo you can post of his current setup? I suppose you haven't changed what is in the litter box either?
no no changes of anything that we use inside the letter box. there's no apparent reason why he will not use.

Back