Peanut's sick - the ongoing saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:colors::bunnydance::elephant:hope she keeps it up sounds like she doing well

aww look at this beautiful girl,she is just the sweetest and just look at her sweet little face,i feel like i just wanna cuddle her,it's good to hear that she is trying her hardest to get better,but i just cannot stop thinking about her,i so totally wish her a full recovery so she can get back to lovin her little devoted guy:)

me and the buns are sending all our love,and let me tell you...that is a lot of lovin between us:)

m40364076.jpg

cheryl

Peanut was really resisting me at breakfast time today. She'd just sit there and hold mouthfuls of food without eating them or spitting them out. I figured she was just being stubborn, but then I heard her tummy gurgle.

She had gas:headsmack

So I gave her a few drops of Infants' Mylicon, and she felt much better after that. She even expressed her gratitude by thumping at me as soon as I put her down. That's my Diva :D

Glad she is on the mend. Devon, Amber, and I are sending good vibes to Peanut for a full recovery!

I woke up this morning to see Peanut sitting in the litterbox - a very welcome sign of the return to normality.

Of course moments later I was fending off two five pound furmonsters intent on stealing my rice cake and peanut butter. Peanut leapt from the litterbox, landed in the food dish (a large platter, to accomodate her coordination issues), and did a kind of half-slide with her back end. I asked her if she had been watching Risky Business again. She grunted, and proceeded to lick my fingers until I caved in and gave them each a piece.

While Peanut does
struggle with balance and coordination, she hasn't lost any of her attitude.

She even managed to play a little keep away from Rex, who finished his piece and went after hers. I finally gave him another bit of rice cake just so he'd give the poor girl a chance to chew her food. Silly bunnies.

Awww what a girl peanut is,it's good to hear she is doing so much better,i hope things will just keep on improving from here,i just cannot stand to hear of a sick little bunny out there,but you are a wonderful bunny mum,and Peanut was in safe comforting hands:)

cheryl

I'm a little frustrated with Peanut tonight, and it's not really her fault. We're both sick and cranky and don't really want to deal with each other :D

She's really starting to refuse the hand-feedings, and yet she's barely eating enough on her own to sustain a healthy digestive system. Her poops are really small :?

But I just don't know what to do.

I had to cut out the banana because it was giving her gas and causing messy poops (Peanut doesn't handle fresh food well at all). But without the banana, it's not tasty enough for the Diva and she just holds the food in her cheeks. I know it's not gas, I've been treating her for that. And I know it's not lack of appetite because she practically mauled me to get that rice cake this morning.

Oh, I tried to give her more rice cake with some pumpkin on it. No good.

The girl's just picky.

So I'm not really sure what to do, and I hate making her eat, but she needs to get something in her system.

Like I said, we're just two sick and cranky girls. *sigh*

*eta*

Some words from a sage bunny owner reminded me that I need to
spend more time with Peanut not doing caretaking stuff, but just being with her. I haven't felt well, so the past couple days have been strictly business. That's not fair to her. She's the one who suddenly can't take care of herself, and I know that has to be frustrating. She's taking control of the one thing she has some control over: whether or not she'll eat the food.

Of course, she has to eat it. But there will be some extra TLC alongside it tonight.

She's doing good. Seems like we may have hit a plateau in the recovery process. Over these past fews days her coordination has neither improved nor worsened. She's still pooping and peeing (and making it to the litterbox :cool:)

As I said, she's eating hay and some pellets, but still needs to be fed. We've condensed the feedings down to one sizeable meal in the evening, which seems to work best. Pumpkin and pellet slurry *mmm*

Stable, yes. Still uncoordinated. Still stumbling around the cage, listing slightly to the right. Still not eating pellets :banghead

Peanut has been lounging in the litterbox all morning, munching a few pieces of hay here and there, but as far as I can tell she's still barely eating.
It is h-o-t HOT here today, and while my bedroom is cool, I know that it's contributing to the rabbits' current laziness :zzzzz

I mixed up a "Bunny Power Shake" from a recipe on LL and gave her some of that last night. She hasn't lost any weight, at least not a significant amount :huh And she's still pooping. So maybe she's eating a lot more hay than I'm accounting for :dunno But since she's not eating pellets, the hand feedings continue...

I've heard that it can take a long time to come out of head tilt. It sounds like she is doing OK but it may be awhile until she comes back to normal. It is probably a lot harder on you right now than her as you have to anticipate her every need. It is sooooo...hard to be a bunny nurse:sickbunny:Try to take care of yourself too (I know that's easier to say than do) but you need to stay OK for both her and yourself.:pray::pray::pray:

Latest posts

Back