Our Clan...now & always..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
Lest we forget, which we never will...we began our bun clan with Simon...He was awesome...and we will always miss him.

Hisblog link is:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=33234&forum_id=6

And though Isobel was only with us for a short time,...we cared for her as well and so her short time with us is marked here...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=51103&forum_id=6&jump_to=690836#p690836

and so now we begin again...and this will be a running blog of our lives, our lives with our buns, our memories, feeling and funnies! May it be long and never end...

And so now....We welcome Dougal....into our family. Born September 4 2009. He has his pretty papers which means he can indeed be shown. He does need to get his mark in his left ear however. We bought him from our local breederSarah of THE BUNNY HUT...

We brought him home, November 8th 2009...I started getting licked yesterday already. He likes peeing in every corner..so now he has litter pans in every corner. We started with a dog pen, but it was so old and rusty, small...that I created a nice sized NIC...nothing overly fancy that I thought would hold him quite well while he grows. He turned 9 weeks old today.

We can already see he is going to be a wonderful boy to have with us...my daughter and I are both so very excited to have him here with us...

I thank, Tinysmom and Bluegiants for all the support they have lent to us over the last few weeks...making some hard choices and dealing with me,..a nervous nelly over every thing :)

There is so much to say and so much to share, but now is not the time....He has had a bit of an upset tummy and we are working on resolving this issue.

SO I say a post by u then I saw a new bunny in the avatar. TBH I was thinking u were a new member. I did some checking and that lead me here. Well now all I have to say is I am glad all is working out for u.

I also would LOVE to see pics!!! I am so glad you have gotten a Flemish u will not b disappointed... I love his ears in the avatar he is so adorable...congrats!!!

I still can't believe he's licking you this soon....gotta admit I'm a tiny bit jealous.

I'm so happy you have him and look forward to lots of stories about him.

Well..thank you everyone! and yeah I was so super surprised he licked!!!

He was running around at 6am this morning..and sleeping-ish now...but seeing tons and tons of his cecals...everywhere...I hate this....

But I know everything will be A OK....

We brought Dougal home on Sunday and everything was ok and all very very exciting...but small problems started occuring...

and now...

Now I am pretty scared...and I hate this...

His interest in his pellets, hay, and now it seems like his water are decreasing...the poops are getting stuck in everything and actually smell bad now.

We are going now to get a weight on him..and pick up some pedialyte.

Following the advice of some great people...

Breeder did say he was treated for cocci...already..

So I guess I am asking...for everyone to please pray for him...think good thoughts...

I do not think we could take losing him too..this quick...all too much..

I thought I'd add here that I got off the phone w/ Michelle a bit ago and he seems to be doing better at this time. If I remember right he was trying to groom himself (and wobbling as he did so) - and he was drinking a lot - and even showing her his back because she had the audacity to MAKE him have critical care from a syringe.

He had some poops too but they were irregular and stuff -so we're hoping and praying for GOOD poops!

http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tphealth/0,,3q6m,00.html

I found this helpful this evening as I was trying to figure out stuff :)

Nonetheless, I will certainly take your advice and supply a conversion chart. But before I do let me help you with your conversion:
6cc's = 6ml's = 1 1/5 tsp's
As you can see, it will be a bit difficult to measure out 1/5 of a teaspoon. Therefore, I suggest you obtain an accurate metric measuring device and use the cc's.

cc's stands for cubic centimeters.
ml's stands for milliliters
One cc = one ml They are equivalent.
One teaspoon = 5 cc = 5 ml
One Tablespoon (Tbl) = 15 cc = 15 ml
One Tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
One ounce = 30 cc = 30 ml = 2 Tablespoons = 6 teaspoons
8 ounces (The common size for a formula bottle) = 240 cc = 240 ml

Thank you...for your thoughts and well wishes...and to Peg for listening to me complain and much more..lol

Dougal likes oats...his breeder said try some...so we did. Wonderful woman...she really cares and is upset he is under the weather....called the other buns from his litter to see if anyone else was having problems...just us...I am hoping it was stress is all...
Weebles wobble...he wobbled lol...trying to clean his ears..

I am feeling better about things...I am going to be watching closely...he will be going to the vet on Friday...but I feel that everything will settle down..

and can you believe my 9 week old baby is only 4.3 pounds!!

Well...what the night brung...

A bunny who fell asleep sitting net to me on my bed...A woman waking up with a start for no reason I can recall a little before 9am...

I woke to a bunny flopped over my feet..my blankets dug up onto the bed and cecals, here there and every where....kept trying to move him onto the towel I left on my bed for him to sleep on...um...yeah...he didnt want to sleep there, flop there ...and actually kept going back over to my feet and throwing himself on top of them, till I guess he got annoyed enough with me...and went away to the box...

I have the impression that at some point Dougal, tried or actually was able to dig up my blankets and lay next to me by my legs. I had cecals under the sheets...FUN!

I found some cecals here and there...very few poos..actual poos...I found a couple of pee spots, lord love him, NOT on my bed!!

The pellets I laid down he really did not touch...loved the oats..and will pick through the pumpkin or pellets..to eat every last one.

I decided to go ahead and give the C.C. again this morning at like 9:30am my time...He likes it well enough and ate all of it really without issue...lifting his head to try to get more out of the syringe etc..
Gave him the Bene bac...the gas drops...
It does not look to me, like he really ate any of his hay over the night...

I did however find that cecals were smushed into his belly and butt fur...I used a wire brush to get them out...wasnt too bad of a fight...and the crusted over chin of his from last nights feeding.

He is mad at me...I have been bitten a few times this morning and man those baby nails are like frikin little daggers...my hands are scratched up...

He likes the box I gave him...and he will spend a lot of time in there...flopped out against the side of it,...
He is currently ignoring me by hiding in there and looked at me,...like...you dare touch me and you will lose a finger...when I peeked in his box...
lol

I ended up taking the day off, even though I wasnt going to...to stay with him...Lina gave me a great excuse by not feeling her best anyway...

This time tomorrow I will be driving us back to the vet...

Well...he is super ticked off at me...I suppose he will be even more so in a couple of hours when we feed all over again. He is still ignoring his pellets, barely nibbles at the hay...Gave him some oat hay...same story.

So we all sorta napped after this morning..Lina stayed up but snuggled in here, in my bed. She said he never left his box..
I have since removed the box...hoping it would encourage him to move about..and it did for a moment or two...he shifted shelves and is now on the lower one...
Which I have been thinking of taking out completely as he pees all over it and not even in the corners...and only this shelf..
No new poops really..a few scattered tiny tiny ones..

I just do not get it...I am looking foward to seeing the vet tomorrow..maybe they will have a better answer what is going on with him..

Still concerned...but not is a terrified way....

On a different note...while I do not think it will stop Dougal if he wants to do something..I have tried to create runways of carpet and shoo him off the hard wood when he goes on it...to sort of "pen" himself..how Isobel did...
It is working so far...Even with the choice, he is not wandering onto the hardwood...

You'll both make it through this and you'll be getting licks again in no time. He just wants to be boss and has to learn that you're the boss and not him.

i am typing one handed so excuse the typos

Dougal was laying in his litter pan when 4:30 came....grabbed him up anf fed 30cc of the C.C. to him...he fought me some...

When all was done...he walked around pushing my hands and legs but not for pets...felt more like a get away woman ..nudge,,...

Since...that he has curled up on my chest, held in a towel.....and does not seem to care about anything...I have been sneezing and blowing my nose..he doesnt even flinch...at one point he was sitting strange with his ears straight down his back...

He has stopped eating oats, pellets, and the hay now it seems too...

I can hear him nashing his teeth...he is right next to my ear...

I hear tummy noises, but nothing that sounds alarming..

poop an pee ??

His skin/fur tell me he is hydrated for the moment...

His eyes are closed.,..he doesnt seem to want to move...

and of course right when I typed that he got up walked around to my legs and did a dead bunny flop right against my thigh...

I do not know what he wants from me...I am just running with it...

I will be glad for tomorrow to come quickly...and see the vet...

If rabbits are supposed to be good luck...I think I must be their bad luck...

Why does something always go wrong when I get a bun?

update..

The breeder I bought him from...I think she is awesome..she is such a nice woman, and so concerned about Dougal..it warms my heart...

Dougal has stopped eating, drinking and munching hay..
He is pretty much up my tush to be near me at all times...

Though he does not strike me as in pain...his stomach does feel...round and tight if that makes sense..and it bothers him when I try to touch...

My evil plan of attack failed...

sigh...

ok...so tonight I made Dougal come out of my room and spend time with us in the living room...he was glued to me...and at one point when I said enough (as I was trying to eat my dinner) he huffed away and went into his/my/our bedroom and laid down in his litter pan...fine...

He has indeed been peeing all over the lower shelf...and so I did remove it...now there sits this LONG litter pan where the shelf was...he can however get back up to the second level as I left a "step"....

Decided to take a bath..and dumped some more hay into his pans..I sorta shoved it in his face in a hope that he would get annoyed and go to move it and in doing so decide to eat it...it worked and it didnt...He checked out and munched a bit of the organic meadow hay and ignored the timothy...ok...least he nibbled...
All poop seems to have ceased...cecals and all...I see nothing..that scares me...
Had a thought as I cleaned a litter pan...could he have ingested some of the yesterday news litter? If so, what exactly could it do...it is something I thought of to ask the vet today...when we go in 9 hours...

I fed him at 4:30 and again at 12:30am...but I dropped 30ml to 10ml...
If I am feeding him and pushing fluids...why would he need to bother to do it for himself..I am hoping he will get hungry enough to take a look at least at the buffet he has laying around...
After I gave the 10ml of CC..which smells like warmed up apples...I thought..what if I take his pellets, drop warm water onto them making them soft...sprinkly the Critical Care on top..since he seems to like it so very much..and maybe like trick him into eating it..getting him to think it is the same thing...as he did look like he wanted more then what I gave him..
He took one sniff...ONE...and walked away...BRAT!
He proceeded to lay out all over my bed as if it was put here for the sole purpose for his comfort...
I still cant help to smile..

I have towels covering my blankets because I know at some point he will come back onto the bed..when he thinks I am sleeping he creeps up here...lol

I think I will try to work on getting some pictures of him listed in here....

Latest posts

Back