OT (sort of) - Don't mess with my furkids!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenniblu

Reaction score
Fair warning - I tend to ramble, especially when upset, so here goes nothing.

I have this friend (?) who at timesis just bitter, mean andseems to resent everyone and everything they do. Anyway, healways makes little digs about things like my home, yard, finances,etc.Most things I just brush off or politely tellhim that I worked hard for what I have andam proud ofit.

The one thing I cannot bear is when he talks trash about myanimals. I showed him a picture of Perry, my rescued malecat, and the first words out of his mouth are "OMG - look at your fatcat!" When I asked him why he thought an 8 pound cat was fat,he said that Perry was and has always been a porker and was lazy.:growl: Now, I ask you -- Does he look fat and lazy?
perry1.JPG

He also talks trash about Vash. Oh yeah, even him.He says that Vash is overweight and fat and shouldn't weigh so much (15pounds at last weigh-in). When I tried to explain thatFlemish are supposed to weigh that much and more, he cut me off saying,"Just look at him! He's fat!" Now, he has NEVER(and will never) touched him to even tell just how Vash feels under allthat thick fur, which is firm and muscled thank you very much.

On my GSD, Thourne, "He's a big ol' wimp, he wouldn't do anything causehe's never tried to hurt me." Err, that is the mark of awell-trained dog that he does not go attacking and bittingeveryone. Dumbbutt!

He's also always saying that I'm one of those animal collectors (grrr)and spend way too much time and money on my pets. I providefood, water, health care,shelter, and moretothem. Very unlike a collector who has unsanitary conditionsand sick animals in their charge. If you are going to get ananimal, then this is the least you should do for them - if you can't,then don't get a pet. He thinks I should "care" for myanimals like him I guess:

He has one cat that is always sick because he tries to save money andcut costs with it's care. It has feline leukemia, because hethought that $10 was too much to pay for annual shots when he first gothim. It also has an permanently injured innereyelid. He waited about aweek to even try to doanything about the infected eye - yellowish discharge coming from itand it was completely closed the whole time.- I told him toget some antibiotic ointment for the eye and/or have itvetted. Well, he waited and waited until he finally brokedown and bought the "expensive" ointment ($5.99).

He won't get it neutered, and it gets into fights and gets badlyinjured each time- "He'll miss his balls" "That'sjust cruel to do that him, plus it costs too much." My cousinand I even offered to pay for it ($20-30), but he refused.Now, his cat has had diarrhea for the past 1.5 weeks and he will nottake it to the vet - "why, so theycan charge you$15 for looking at the cat? That's ridiculous!" Uhm, that isthe vet's job - so they should get paid for it!

EDITED - because I was being hateful with original post...sorry. :(

Your cat it's not fat and there are some catsthat are lazy wich is normal for my point of view Well as long as hedosen't pay your bills or your animals needs tell him not to worrieabout it, most of my friends don't like animals and theydon't really tell me anything about my babies because they know i willgo off on them and they also know that i love animals. Don't worrieabout his comments but I do hate when people have animals and theydon't take care of them. why even bother haveing one.:X

Your cat looks healthy and happy! Yousound like you take real good care of your pets and he could takeclasses from you on how to do this. Now, as far as your"friend" goes, sounds like he is poisoning you with his unhappylife. Not knowing how long you have known him, all I know iswhat you have just said, I would say limit your contact with him, donot seek him out, and when he does say this ugly things to you I wouldjust not even comment back to him. That may be hard, but hemay "feed" off of what you say back to him. Not sure why hehas a cat when he does nothing to take care of him though, maybe helikes the fact that he has total control over another living being ashis life sounds miserable.

Don't worry about his comments, think about where they are coming from!

"Go Pound Salt" I like that one,Mambo! :D I'll try that line or just ignore hiscomments next time.

I've known him for over 10 years. He didn't used to be likethis - he used to be so positive and thoughtful. He has juststarted to be so negative about stuff.:( I've started to cutdown on my association with him. It hurts, but I really don'tknow what else to do.

It just irks me to no end that he is says this stuff, yet won't takecare of hisown cat. Yeah - why bother getting ananimal if you are not going to ake care of it? :X

I'm not a perfect pet owner by far, but I try my best and if an animalneeds care, food, etc. - I will make sure I get that before I get anyextra things for myself. An ounce of prevention is worth apound of cure is a good saying to live by when you have pets for sure.

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
:disgust:....................................:gun:TAKE THAT!Y'ALL DON"T MESS W/ MAH ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I get very defended if anyone talks bad about myanimals and I get very defensive too. They are my children and I woulddo the same to my child. Since I don't have kids and can not have any.I tell them if you don't like my pets or talk bad don't look at em ordon't talk to me. I just don't understand people so cheap. People whohave money are cheap and us that don't have a ton of money areexpensive. why is that. People who don't have money should be cheap andpeople who have money should be expensive.

I tell people to back off or I get very rude and snappy.

My oldest son was here over theweekend. He was standing by the front door and said, "Oh, MyGod! There's a really UGLY cat out here and it acts like itwants to come in!".

:?It was my daughter's cat, Vera -- who is NOT supposed to be outside.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Myoldest son was here over the weekend. He was standing by thefront door and said, "Oh, My God! There's a really UGLY catout here and it acts like it wants to come in!".

:?It was my daughter's cat, Vera -- who is NOT supposed to be outside.

Pam
I know I'm not supposed to laugh - but that was kinda funny,Pam. See, I never tell anyone an animal is ugly for that samereason. LMBO

My 'other brother' got a lilac Himalayan kittena few yearsago that had fur missing, stained and matted fur from a lady gettingout of the cat breeding business. Well, I told him she was acutie, even though she looked well...not pretty. Now, she issimply stunning in appearance and is so friendly and loving.Goes to show you that you never know how something turns out. ;)

my sister-in-law always says that my bunniessmell. but i clean the cages every other day. and also, i bet we areall sick of people, who when they find out we have bunnies, make stupidcomments about eating bunnies. If people like this catch me on a badday, some not so nice words come out. but for the most part i thinkpeople say mean things to wind you up. i say, don't give them thesatisfaction of letting them know they have upset you. our pets know welove them, and they love us. that's all that matters.

Your cat is NOT fat. He's simply gorgeous if I have to say. :inlove:

I hate it when people critizie my pets or even other pets for nounconditional reason. Your friend sounds like oneof my "socalled" friend who had used to go to school with me until Imoved and transferred. He called my bunny, Emmyan " ugly cow"because of those spots around her nose and body. I'm very sensitiveabout Emmy and if anyone makes a rude comment about her I snap veryeasily. I'm very over protective. He had also called Emmy a "fatrabbit". Yes, she may be a pounds over weight alittle bit but I'mworkingon it. She has a full healthydiet and plentyof exersice.

I couldn't take of all the trash he was talking about Emmy so I gave him a peice of my mind.

:gun:I terminated him easily. ;)

Your cat is NOT fat....MY cat who now lives withmy mom...(I moved into an Apt that doesn't except cats and he alwaysliked my mom more anyway) He use to be about 20Lbs...now it sounds likea lot, and he was a little over weight, but the vet said that 16lbswould be a healthy weight for him. Heis a big cat!:D

I get a lot of comments on my Chinchillas about how they look likesquirrels or other rodents....and I also get the skinning or eating mybunny comments...Mostly they annoy me...the ones that bother me themost is from my boyfriends brother who dosent like me and will tell mehe is going to dig up a chinchilla,I have buried in thereyard...He dose it just to get to me, cause he was there when he passedon and knows how important he was to me.:mad:He's is ana**hole!

Jennni Hon walkup to this mealy mouth P****and kick him inthe shinthen give him the BITE he so dearlywants from the dog, say thereyou have been bitten , The dog may be awhimp BUT I AM NOT,then tellhim now jerko you canleave .

Sweety you dontneed that kind of person aroundyou their sour attitude towardslife is too heavy a burden foryou to carry , Kick his Butt tothe Curb and call ita nice life.

My feeling is....."forget about being careful about the pet...watch out for the owner!".

Of course...some of you may remember my sign I posted when we had ourparty here at the house a few weeks ago. I didn't want ANYONEmessing with my bunnies...and folks were actually great!

Its too bad that some people have to be that way. I thinktheir actions say a lot abouttheir true character...I justtry to choose to not associate with them beyond what I have to do...

Peg

P.S. Your cat is very nice looking - and I LOVED Pam's story!

People who criticise everything about your lifeare more than likely jealous of you. This friend can't be upto much if he is so critical of your lifestyle. People whoare so critical are often lacking something themselves.

Don't get mad, pity him.

He is obviously an insecure person who needs to put down others (sadly,even animals) in order to make himself feel superior and a littlebetter about that which he is lacking.

See through it, he's luck to have you as a friend, I bet he's not got many.

mummybunny

Latest posts

Back