One thing you may not know about me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EmilytheStrange wrote:
Oh this is great for the newbies!!

One thing you may not know about me is I have an identical twin sister, Amy. Yes, we did all the silly tricky twin stuff growing up. Our favorite was in high school....in academia my sis went by her full name which is Amanda (Amy is her nickname) so we convinced some of our teachers and peers that we were actually triplets. They just somehow never saw Amy and Amanda together in the same room (kinda like Spiderman). :dude:

You're name is Emily and your twin's name is Amanda?!

Haha! I'm a twin tooo...My name is Emily and my sis's name is Amanda! that's funny! She goes by Mandi tho.

OTYMNKAM is that I decided to switch my career from veterinarian over to Paramedic/EMT in July after I witnessed a horrible crash at my local speedway, the one crash that I will never forget and the one crash that replays over and over in my head when i close my eyes to this very day.

Emily

Emily, that's funny. One thing you may not know about me... I was a Fire Science/Emergency Management major (they basically call it the fire chief's degree, it deals with business management, fire science, EMS, etc) and decided to switch to Elementary Education instead. After 3 years. I just decided this the other day.

I was reluctant to change majors for several reasons, but decided this is the right thing to do. I can always work as an elementary teacher and then test out at fire departments at the same time if I decide that's what I want to do (a lot of people have other careers and then switch to the fire department), but an Emergency Management degree is really only good for one thing. Also, say I get injured doing EMS for firefighting and have to retire early. I would pretty much be stuck working at the grocery store or something, but if I have an Elementary Education degree, I could get hired as a teacher. And last of all, it often takes a while to get hired by a big city department (my boyfriend's brother is almost 35 and STILL hasn't been hired), I feel like having a real job between now and then! I could still do volunteer firefighting as a teacher too.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Emily, that's funny. One thing you may not know about me... I was a Fire Science/Emergency Management major (they basically call it the fire chief's degree, it deals with business management, fire science, EMS, etc) and decided to switch to Elementary Education instead. After 3 years. I just decided this the other day.

I was reluctant to change majors for several reasons, but decided this is the right thing to do. I can always work as an elementary teacher and then test out at fire departments at the same time if I decide that's what I want to do (a lot of people have other careers and then switch to the fire department), but an Emergency Management degree is really only good for one thing. Also, say I get injured doing EMS for firefighting and have to retire early. I would pretty much be stuck working at the grocery store or something, but if I have an Elementary Education degree, I could get hired as a teacher. And last of all, it often takes a while to get hired by a big city department (my boyfriend's brother is almost 35 and STILL hasn't been hired), I feel like having a real job between now and then! I could still do volunteer firefighting as a teacher too.
Oh God. You're all making me nervous! I have to apply for university/college by November! I want to go to art college but I'm petrified I won't get in!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

one thing you may not know about me is that i'm already worrying out collage. and i just started high school:shock:!

OTYMNKAB:
I have wanted to be a vet ever since I could talk, and it's never changed.
I know that's what i'm going to be. If i'm anything else...I feel like my life won't be complete.
Animals are my passion and my family says i've always had a gift with them :p.

OTYMNKAM is that I have live in 9 different houses, in three different countries and in three states in the US.

Aly!:tongue

(i think I may have shared this fact earlier! Ohwell!)

Latest posts

Back