OMG, neutering using rubber bands???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, sheep are...... well sheep! They follow each other. In Turkey an entire flock jumped off a cliff because the first one fell.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/07/08/192245.php

They are sometimes a bit smarter than that, but mostly..... yep..... dumb.

Horses are HIGHLY intelligent. They can be dumb. My SIL has a horse that spooked every time she walked into the indoor where the pigstall was in the corner last summer. She knew they were there, she saw them everyday and they are gone now..... she still spooks and nothing is there LOL! She's pretty..... special.

If she saw when Pokie lifted Lexi as she fell into her stall one day..... she'd know they aren't dumb. They aren't the smartest of animals but they are not sheep by any means.

there is 1 strange animal I don't the name of it, but all it does is have sex with all the female critters in it's spieces, it's the hornest critter on earth.

my mom's dog is a purebred dobie...his tail was docked in the first couple days of birth...but they left the ears alone....mom never got his ears done...no reason to...he's not a show dog! so he looks like a overgrown mutant Labrador LOL

it's funny when you walk him...everybody wants to say hi to the big doggie until they are told (after being slobbered on and petting him mind you) he's a dobie...then they get all scared! :biggrin2: if he was gonna chomp you, trust me he would have already! (the only danger of that is if you are a cat in "his" yard..then all bets are off)

this is a dangerous dog...sure he is...

he's afraid of a cardboard box! you don't want him in a room? you put the box in the door....he won't go near it!

I love big old oaf of dogs like that! My aunt had a big dobie who sucked on his blankie at night...... :p

An old lady down the road from me drowned kittens the other day that she found in her shed, we had seen the feral pregnant cat around and told her we would come and take the kittens if the cat had them in her shed but she drowned them anyway.

Farmers can be really cruel, I live in a rural areas and help out on farms alot and every once in awhile I have to help de-horn calves, which ain't pleasant, they put them in a special thing to hold them and use a de-horner,I don't know how to describe it put it's on fire and they stick it on the calves heads to burn out their horns,I hate it because they always go crazy. The farmers couldn't bebothered spending money on any sort of pain meds.

Here, castrating is eitherdone bya vet orweanlings are doneby squeezing their ''bits'' with a squeezer. That rubber-banding soundsvery cruel and painful, I hate it when people couldn't be bothered spending the money to make it more comfortable forthe animal. Rabbit or goat.

when they neuter calfs guess where testcles go to ?

becareful when ordering the blueplate spiecals

when going out to eat.:cooking::nerves1

Aside from all of the above, how *does* one get rubber bands on a rabbits "bits"? I mean, I am barely able to clip Hershey's toenails, how on earth would I rubber band him??

Buneary - I thoughtthey werecalled Rocky Mountain Oysters! lol!

Never mind about rubber banding rabbits

but about clipping your bunny's nails they got this new trimmer

it called pettcure, it trims the by gring them to right lenth

they say it safer then cnail clipper.

I want one of those! I need it for my dog. I can do the bunnies ok, I hate it but I can do it. I can't even imagine trying to band them!

It's not painful after the first few minutes on a goat/sheep. It becomes numb.

I will warn you about the Peticure and Pedi-Paws; they aren't as awesome as they look. I got one, and it does work pretty good, but I have a problem of it "shooting" the nail back at you if you grind it wrong. This is even just a minute little difference in how the nail hits the grinder. All it is is a dremel drill. They are probably cheaper, too. The noise scares the heck out of the rabbits. I find it faster (and easier) just to clip the nails!

and how you calm your bunny to trim the bunny's nail.

yes rocky mountain Oysters known as the blue plate spiecal.

a friend of mine the tastes is so ungodly.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I want one of those! I need it for my dog. I can do the bunnies ok, I hate it but I can do it. I can't even imagine trying to band them!

It's not painful after the first few minutes on a goat/sheep. It becomes numb.
It's still not very humane, stuff like that should be banned along with docking dogs tails.

It's too bad it's not as simple as that.

Farmers work their butts off and don't make enough now...... they couldn't afford to raise animals if they had the medical bills to castrate and stuff.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
It's too bad it's not as simple as that.

Farmers work their butts off and don't make enough now...... they couldn't afford to raise animals if they had the medical bills to castrate and stuff.
Ya I know I help out on a farm and they do stuff like cut off cows horns with no pain meds and the animal would be spouting blood, pain meds aren't that expensive and most of the time they don't care about how the animals feel.

I feel humans should ask themselves those questions.... would they want that stuff done to them with no pain meds?

How are animals oblivious to pain -- ?? -- and what does that say about our species?

More news items; snowmobilers intentionally run over ducks on ice-patched lakes, deer corralled and brutally run down by another pack of snowmobilers. I'd like to round up the (drunken?/discompassionate) snowmobilers and run them down with trains!! There's something WRONG with humans if they are oblivious to pain and suffering. :pssd:

Story on this subject matter: Farmer-classmate noted about cows falling into a pool or body of water like a lake. They attempted to retrieve them. With chains. The classmate kinda joked about how one didn't make it out due to the strangulation of the chain around its neck. LOL. He laughed, and shook it off as kinda funny. very sad...

:twocents

TreasuredFriend wrote:
I feel humans should ask themselves those questions.... would they want that stuff done to them with no pain meds?

How are animals oblivious to pain -- ?? -- and what does that say about our species?

More news items; snowmobilers intentionally run over ducks on ice-patched lakes, deer corralled and brutally run down by another pack of snowmobilers. I'd like to round up the (drunken?/discompassionate) snowmobilers and run them down with trains!! There's something WRONG with humans if they are oblivious to pain and suffering. :pssd:

Story on this subject matter: Farmer-classmate noted about cows falling into a pool or body of water like a lake. They attempted to retrieve them. With chains. The classmate kinda joked about how one didn't make it out due to the strangulation of the chain around its neck. LOL. He laughed, and shook it off as kinda funny. very sad...

:twocents
It's the same here, I don't know about anyother countries but a farmer who loved their animals and showed any sort of passion or care for them would be mocked, they have to put up this hard front and not care about the animals, they have this 'we are bigger and better then them' attitude and don't treat them like beings at all, like they have no feelings and can't feel pain.

I think it's awful the way that farm animals are treated worse then pets and something that is considered cruel to perform on pets is acceptable to do to farm animals, they both can feel pain and have feelings.

Here in arizona we have a very strict law of cruelity to animals , the arizona humane soceity go out in patrol looking for trouble makers harshing poor animals.

back in Nov 6th 2008 I saw the arizona humane Soceity person calling the police and rescuing a poor pet rabbit.

the guy was kicking the poor rabbit.

Rabbit lovers, animal cruelity is a very very serious crime here in Arizona.

and yes they do check out your pet reptile

they check mine out, lucky my bearded dragon was well feed.

Latest posts

Back