OMG, neutering using rubber bands???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in the larger animals it is more practicle because the risk of putting a large animal under anisthesia is so great. which is why even in most major surgeries they prefer to use a local anesthetic rather than let the animal loose total consiousness. However in a small animal such as a rabbit where they can be completely put under using gas I dont see any reason to castrate using a rubber band. and even with large animals when rubber bands are used it should be with the equipment that is intended for that purpose, not just something someone tried at home.

Baby Juliet wrote:

Do you think it's painful?

THAT is discusting. We would never do that....... removing the link due to the fact I don't want kids watching this........and I can't believe they played that on DIRTY JOBS.

I hope they went after those farmers. Cutting isn't right.

Just for reference: I don't like banding much either, but it's much less painful than other methods (that video) and for a shorter time. It's also more sterile and of course cost effective for the farmer.

Anyhow, in a perfectworld it wouldn't be so difficult and it would be free to do it in a veterinary setting. There's no good answer to some of this, but it's like the people with animal rights setting free all the rodeo horses one time ..... they were being mistreated :rollseyes The horses ran out of the facility and onto a highway where they were hit and killed and people were injured and killed from the accidents......

Rodeo horses LOVE what they do. When horses play, they buck and shake their heads and act all mean...... and Dakota and Pokie actually play "cutting" with us... where they are cutting off a calf from the herd...... it's like a working dog. They love to have jobs and if they don't have it, they seek something to replace it (like chewing up your couch) so you need to play frisbee or fetch or something with them if they aren't working.

NOW, it's a touchy subject and I know none of us are wrong on this! Rabbits are definitely NOT to be banded, I agree...... solet's drop this before someone gets angry with someone else, ok? :hug:

please protect innocent rabbits from this cruel and inhumane act.

contact your local humane soceity and report all cruelty to animals

Latest posts

Back