Ok I swear this is the last renovation to their cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap08m

Reaction score
Ok, I swear if I make any more additions to the cage my fiances head will blow up. Just kidding. But anyway I started out with a split NIC cage that looked like this
FB_IMG_13425714635294725.jpg

Then I saw someone else post a pic of their cage and decided to go with it. So this was the final product
0814121314.jpg

the front 4 panels open like this
0814121314b.jpg

as well as the top of the cage
0814121314c.jpg

0814121314d.jpg

plus I thought I'd try one of those hammocks I saw in Petco. I didn't really think they would use it, but right away both of them hopped up and started cuddling together
0814121314e.jpg

0814121315a.jpg

glad to hear they like the hammock, 'cause I ordered one online from Petco last weekend since everything was 20% off - hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping my little bunns like it!

what did you use to make the ramp in the very first picture?

I saw the hammock yesterday at petsupermarket. i think i want one lol.

your cage is what inspired me to make my NIC cage (the first one you posted) I loved it because it was seperated and thats exactly what I needed!

Looks awesome!

Your cage looks REALLY nice. I wish that I could use carpet in my cage but neither one of my bunnies is litter box trained. I tried to put a towel in Shiny Things's cage the other day and she imedeatly peed and pooped on it.

the order I placed w/petco late saturday night that was supposed to arrive "in 6-10 days" showed up around noon today

in one of the boxes was the hammock I ordered (I got the largest one, 17''x17'':
http://www.petco.com/product/103974/Petco-Nylon-And--Plush-Hammock-For-Ferrets.aspx?CoreCat=MM_Ferret_SleepersHideouts
you can't pick the color online, but I lucked out and got one I like (solid black on both sides). oh, and it says it secures with plastic clips, but they're actually metal :)

it was an INSTANT hit with the bunnies! since you've gotta support their feet when you pick them up 'cause they like sure footing, I wasn't at all confident that they would like a hammock (hence getting the cheapest kind they had)... but I was totally wrong - they loved it as soon as I showed it to them. combined, my rabbits total about 2.5 lbs and they can both get in it at the same time with room to spare.

as a note, petco still has the sale going - 20% off store-wide (even higher discount on some stuff, like larger sized bags of hay and bedding) and free shipping on orders of $49 or more. I think I've got a lifetime supply of carefresh bedding now, lol. great time to buy playpens if anyone needs some for their bunnies, between the generous discount and not having to pay shipping!

Blue eyes wrote:
Looks familiar...:wink

I like the hammock idea - never would have thought of that.

AHA!!! I went back looking for the picture and I couldn't remember where I saw it. Thanks for the inspiration

Imbrium wrote:
glad to hear they like the hammock, 'cause I ordered one online from Petco last weekend since everything was 20% off - hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping my little bunns like it!

all it is is basically a capital H made out of three nic panels and then attached to the wall

I love the cage!
Does anyone have a link to the hammock...thanks!

jap08m wrote:
Imbrium wrote:

all it is is basically a capital H made out of three nic panels and then attached to the wall
I mean the ramp in the *very* first pic in the very first post... it's white (as opposed to the black of the NIC cubes) and has very small squares, so it doesn't look at all like it was made out of NIC components.

I love the cage! Does anyone have a link to the hammock...thanks!
it's a different hammock than the one in those pics, but I just got this one:
http://www.petco.com/product/103974/Petco-Nylon-And--Plush-Hammock-For-Ferrets.aspx?CoreCat=MM_Ferret_SleepersHideouts
in the 17''x17'' size and my two little ones LOVE it. it says it has plastic clips, but they're actually metal.

I've seen hammocks and wondered if rabbits would use them. This makes me want to get Harriet one!

I took a gamble and won, they're soooo cute in there!

pic's fuzzy 'cause I had to take it in the dark through the cage bars, but here's my little holland lop, Gaz, chilling in her new hammock:

DSCF01012.jpg

Imbrium wrote:
jap08m wrote:
Imbrium wrote:

I mean the ramp in the *very* first pic in the very first post... it's white (as opposed to the black of the NIC cubes) and has very small squares, so it doesn't look at all like it was made out of NIC components.

I love the cage! Does anyone have a link to the hammock...thanks!
it's a different hammock than the one in those pics, but I just got this one:
in the 17''x17'' size and my two little ones LOVE it.  it says it has plastic clips, but they're actually metal.

I used to just have a cage built out of multiple 24x24x18. through the process of making their old cage i ripped it apart and cut it to fit what i wanted it too. it was just a piece of wire flooring for that cage

The cage looks really good.

But I hvet to burst your bubble, those hamocks:) are very dangerous for rabbits. They can really hurt themselves trying to get out of them. I had one for Buttercup (RIP) thank goodness I was home when he was in it and tried to get out of it.He was having a real difficult time getting out of it. They need solid ground to hop or jump from or onto.

I hope more experienced people will come onand advise just how dangerous they are.

Susan

Back