Off Topic: Here we go Again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elf Mommy

Thanks so much for putting this video on, just looked at it. Have beenlooking at the news & internet all weekend to see whatshappening with Frances, from what I can see it looks like so far it hasnot been as bad as expected.

Good news for us is that Miami airport is reopening tomorrow sohopefully that should mean that our flight on Tuesday will be OK, hopeso as have been packing all weekend!

So glad you are all safe and thanks again for the great video. :p

Sue

I wonder how Elf_Mommy and her family are doing.

As of 3:30 today, she's in the dark green areas (2nd to worst forces) of Hurricane Frances.

I imagine Our Friend is out of power as Jacksonville is getting hit very hard right now.

I'm thinking and praying for you, Elf_Mommy. The pictures on the news, of course, look horrendous.

* HANG ON! *

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Tree Down

http://ezarchive.com/ezarchive/MakeRam.aspx?id=73752

We lost a limb on the tree. This is a tree I would love if the landlord just cut down. It falls apart often.

Emergency Crews:

http://ezarchive.com:80/ezarchive/AssetFile.aspx?id=166400

I have more, but ezarchive is acting up, GRRRR

Our power flickered while we were sleeping last night, but other thanthat we didn't lose it. We did unplug our computers and modems whenthings got nasty, because we didn't want to fry them.

I'm listening to the Mayor right now on television. Our shelters arestill open. We are expecting another four inches of rain--which is whatwe have received to date, so it's quite a bit. They're giving us abunch of safety tips. They have stopped the bus service for the day,but will be having it up tomorrow, full service--they predict. Theywill tell us at 6pm whether schools will be open tomorrow. There are alot of schools with power out, and some damages. Traffic lights are outall over town.

Thanks so much for the reply, ElfMommy! ThankGoodness that a tree down is the only damage. Still not out of thewoods, but things are looking up. Speaking of the woods, you really arein the thick of it where you are if that's your backyard. It's lovely.

4 more inches!! Good Lord, that's a lot of water to take in. It's amazing you haven't lost power.

How's Elf responding to all of this weather?

-Carolyn

Elf needed cuddles this morning. She spent aboutan hour in my arms being petted (I now have fur all over me, LOL.Winter coat is coming in strong). How did I know she needed cuddles?Because she decided to dig everything out of her litterbox when Ididn't give her attention immediately this morning and turned on thenews instead.

That is our backyard, and we actually don't live near the woods. Welive in a historical district, though, and there are many beautiful,large old trees around. Our house was built in the 1920's and isincredibly beautiful. Unfortunately, there's only one bathroom in thehouse and absolutely no storage whatsoever. So, there are advantagesand disadvantages. We had to make a quick decision to move into thishouse, as our prior landlord sold the other house we were living in outfrom under us. All in all, I'm glad we found it.

I think the best part about Jacksonville is all the parks in the area. I adore all the green, even in the midst of the "city".

Elf relaxes during the rain.

Yep, that's Ivan.

Here we go Again....Again....

We're not even going to move the stuff out of my son's room. He can just camp out in his sister's room for the week.

Latest posts

Back