Off Topic: Here we go Again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

What a sweet little baby and so trusting of his Mom to keep him safeand happy. While the world outside goes crazy, Elf is insidecomfortably eating Cheerios. That's so sweet.

I wasn't even going to mention the next hurricane coming your way. Can't believe it, Elf_Mommy!

Thanks for keeping us posted and for the pictures. You'revery thoughtful to keep us worriers in mind. Hope today youand yours can start getting back to normal, but understand why you'dwant to keep the place as it is right now until you know if the nextone's coming your way or not.

-Carolyn

P.S. Those poor pets! I heardthat people weren't able to take them to shelters with them and seeingthe reports with dogs running around scared to death outside is just soupsetting. I understand that some animal shelters are goingdown to help with the problem.

Poor little things! :(

Did you see the horse running through the streetsin Southern Florida? That broke my heart. To think that it may run oversomething sharp under the water... sigh...

horse_galloping_hg_clr.gif

EDIT: ....tapes pink bow on Elf's head :phehe

No I didn't see that, Elf_Mommy. Glad I didn't. Poor little creatures. All of them.

Heard about how the turtles were separated from their mom and are on land trying to find their way back home.

-Carolyn

Wow I've been following that earthquake on thenews and thinking of you - hasn't it been terrible?- and nowIvan is on his way....... This is a bad season for you isn't it? Itmust be horrible for all the animals there -Luckly Elfs'safe:) but what about the wild animals:(must be terrible....?

Thinking of you

Vickie

Ivan the Terrible is now a Category FIVEhurricane, and getting STRONGER! Did you all see the pictures of thedevastation in Grenada from this boy? They are starting to evacuate theFlorida Keys today. I believe Grenada has already reported 18deaths. Charley was a Cat4 when it hit, Frances was only a Cat2. We'rein for some rough weather again if it comes this way.

I didn't even want to mention it, ElfMommy. I'm more worried about this one than the others. This is crazy!!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Heard about how the turtles were separated from their mom and are on land trying to find their way back home.

-Carolyn

Hmmmmmm ... Turtles lay their eggs and leave the nest. Theyare not like crocodiles and do not tend the nest nor are they therewhen the eggs hatch. The offspring instinctively head towardsthe water, but will never know their mothers who are not there when thebabies hatch.

The headline of this mornings paper read "Wrath of Frances poundsMercer County". Our area is experiencing record rainfall,flooding, evacuations and closed school businesses.I suppose most of the eastern US is going through the sameright now, so I am keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping for theirsafety. I think the water in our lawn is at least 24 inchesdeep -- I'll have to go out and measure it.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Carolyn wrote:

-Carolyn

Hmmmmmm ... Turtles lay their eggs and leave the nest. Theyare not like crocodiles and do not tend the nest nor are they therewhen the eggs hatch. The offspring instinctively head towardsthe water, but will never know their mothers who are not there when thebabies hatch.

Pam

Well that's encouraging, thanks Pamnock. Perhaps Imisunderstood the news reporter or he didn't get his storystraight. Either way, I'm sure glad the little ones weren'tabandoned.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Hi ElfMommy,

I'm showing my age when I say you could be a Breck girl. Theshampoo, Breck, used to have the most gorgeous models with TheBest hair in their commercials, of course. You remind meof the models in those commercials.

More beautiful pictures of you! Thank you for sharingit. I'm with you about getting in front of a camera, butdon't understand your reluctance. You're abeautiful girl.

Do keep us posted as to where you end up. I'll be thinkingabout you and praying that the storm goes back out into the ocean.

-Carolyn
yes,your very beauitiful girl.:D

ElfMommy,

Can't believe there's another storm brewing after Ivan. :shock: Why is Mother Nature so mad at Florida??

Keep us posted as you can.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back