O/T laparoscopy - has anyone had one?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
Gotta go hospital tomorrow to have a camera put through my belly and have a hystocotopy thingy (sorry if names not correct).

I am absolutely petrified and was just wondering if anyone here had hadone so that they can share info so i know what to expect.

I was naively expecting in monday day rest tuesday back to workwednesday but the nurse told me on the pre-op chat that i can expect tobe out 5-7 days from work?

This sounds serious... i feel really sick with nerves :(

my mom had her gallbladder removed thatway. It was routine with no complications. Sherecovered in about 5 days.

Hi Black_jack,

I can't say I've ever had this test done (though I've had a lot ofprocedures, tests, etc. over the years), so I can't tell you anythingfrom experience. I did find a link though, that does give a descriptionof what to expect.

http://www.ivf.com/laprscpy.html

I actually looked up a procedure on the 'net once before, when I wasscheduled to have a colonoscopy (ugh!) and my doctor had told menothing about what to expect, other than, 'There's nothing to it'. (Andafter having gone through it now, I will say that a colonoscopy is nota 'nothing to it' test...lol) Glad I did research it though, becauseabout 15-20 minutes after the test ended and I was on my way home, Iwound up with some pretty severe cramping. Had I not known to expectthis it might have really frightened me.

I'll be thinking of you when you go in for your test...and my thoughtswill be with you for a fast recovery time and excellent test resultswhen they are back..

~Di

Black Jack, I have had one of those. I was 16 atat the time and it was doneunder general anesthetic (I thinkthey may do it under local for adults, I'm not too sure). I was fineafter though. Just left me feeling a little nausea and I had a sorethroat from the tubes from the camera.

It was helpful though becauseit showed that I had a stomach ulcer.

Hope it goes well.

Vickie

Hi black_jack. I had one done a few years ago,like Vickie under general anesthetic. I had a couple of things done atthe same time, and, like any surgery, felt groggy afterwards. It was abit uncomfortable afterwards. The worst part for me was that I haddisolvable stitches that didn't disolve. I ended up taking them outmyself :p. Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done).I will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

Jan

I've had one done and know that if I want tohave children, which I do, I will most likely have more in thefuture. I was also under general anesthesia. I havedifficulty with anesthetic because I'm asthmatic, but other then thatand the normal post anesthesiathings (nauseous, sore/drythroat...) and some pain for a couple of days, I was fine. Ihad mine done on a Friday and was back at work Monday. Icouldn't lift for a while, but I felt up to being at work.

I have a friend who had the same procedure done a few weeks before Ihad mine and she also had it done on a Friday and was back to work byMonday. She work behind a desk, but was able to do that kindof thing.

Jen

I had my appendix remoed bylaparoscopy.. very little pain, or at least i didnt have any. i didntneed any pain killers with it. and the scars from it are teensy! :)

thanks cirrustwi i think u had one done probably for similar reasons so that helps a bit more.

They are looking for something called endometriosis which can causescarring and fertility problems in the future, i only have slight painnow and again but they said did i not want to sort it out.. then theymentioned kids and i put myself forward for it :(

Not looking forward to it sat here having tea and scones (totallybritish thing to do lol) enjoying my last 1hr and 15 mins i can eatuntil god knows when.

Thank you all so much for your support and info will be here for aboutan hour and then will update when i can :?encase anything badhappens... (miss negative)... thank you all so much for all the adviceyou have given me over these past few months.

Take care of yourselves,

B_jack

I had my gallbladder out laproscopically, withvery few problems and no pain. Minor discomfort for a day ortwo. Nothing major. It's a lot better than the "oldFashioned" way of doing things! It used to be majorsurgery with 5-7 weeks recovery.

I am keeping you in my prayers. I do hope everything comes out well. Peace.

Bassetluv wrote:
Hi Black_jack,

I can't say I've ever had this test done (though I've had a lot ofprocedures, tests, etc. over the years), so I can't tell you anythingfrom experience. I did find a link though, that does give a descriptionof what to expect.

http://www.ivf.com/laprscpy.html

~Di

Di thanks so much for this website ir was really useful. I amdreading it still cos im not a lover of the unknown i dont like knowinghow much pain im going to be in.

If someone said it was going to be excruciating i could live with that cos then i'd know.

I dont like the unknown its scary :(

LuvaBun wrote:
Hiblack_jack. I had one done a few years ago, like Vickie under generalanesthetic. I had a couple of things done at the same time, and, likeany surgery, felt groggy afterwards. It was a bit uncomfortableafterwards. The worst part for me was that I had disolvable stitchesthat didn't disolve. I ended up taking them out myself :p.Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done). I will be thinking ofyou. Let us know how you get on.

Jan

gross :pi did kinda wonder if they dissolve too soondou get a whole lol gross gross gross lol i feel like myrabbits when they were spayed/neutered,

Hubby has to drop me off and they will let him know at 6 and i willhave disolvable stitches afterwards lol... lets hope they dont shave mybelly lol...

Hi Black Jack,

Ally had laproscopic surgery two years ago (she was nine) and did fine. She was herself in a couple of days.

We'll be praying that all goes well with you, too.

Laura

Latest posts

Back