Not so False pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There I checked on them all. All six alive, warm and wiggling with round bellies. All ears and limbs present and working. :)

I took the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures, I'm just going to upload them now. They're not very good because I was rushing and the light's not good, but anyway..

11 plus 6 wigglies = 17 buns in the house now.. yikes... don't think they'll be staying unfortunately. Well... not all of them. Haven't really gotten to that conversation yet - that is hoping they all survive...

Anyway - pictures!

[align=center]
DSC_0015_.jpg

DSC_0016_.jpg

DSC_0027_.jpg

[/align]

Babies :biggrin2:

17 isn't that much more than 11 when you get down to the nitty gritty (I can say that semi confidently having got 17 at the mo and having had a litter of 7 last year so had the quick influx too), the problem comes when they are too young to be neutered/spayed and too old to be with a sibling (as in they fight), but then once they can be bonded back it's all fine :biggrin2:

Way CUTE!:pinkbouce: They look great! Little bunny ears and little bunny butt!

Best wishes to the new mommy!( Hope you can figure out who the daddy is! Quite a range of colors too!)

"was in the process of ripping more fur out of Raspberry's bum to line it!"

Goodness knows what poor Raspberry thought about that, but at least the fur pulled was put to good use :D

Lovely to hear all 6 babies and Mum are ok.

Jo xx

Geez, I don't check this thread for a day or two and BAM! Six little wrinkle babies! They are too cute! As panicked as you are/were, you have to sit back and smile at your little wigglies! :p

I just saw this thread! I guess Congratulations are in order :biggrin2: the wrinkly babies are sooooo adorable!! Their little 'tocks look especially wrinkly hee hee I wonder who the Daddy is!

Morning check - all are still warm and wiggling. Their bellies aren't really fat but they're rounded not sunken and skinny. A couple of them have some poop stuck to their bums. Is that a normal thing or is something wrong?

Pictures! Get this... disapproval at one day old!

[align=center]"I COMPLETELY disapprove of being born!"
[/align][align=center]
DSC_0019_.jpg

"As do I, I must agree!"
DSC_0017_.jpg

Snuggly bunch..
DSC_0022_.jpg

DSC_0031_.jpg

[/align]

awwww they are lovely :biggrin2:

They can get some poop stuck to their bums mum will clean them as they feed. but I know if we are checking them and we see any poop we just gently take it off.

OMG LOOK at those cute baby bunny noses!

What a surprise huh?

Congrats..... I know it's not what you wanted or planned but they are still just little dolls :hearts:

I kind of prefer them to look a little "rounder" if they have been fed. Is Cordie jumping in the nestbox at all? Have you seen her jump in and "check" them? Feed them? Lick and clean them? Keep an eye on her today and see if she is paying any attention to them.

How is Raspberry doing being seperated? How is Cordie handling it?

I've seen Cordie jump in and move the covering fur off and 'check them'. I haven't seen her feed them, but I was under the impression that you wouldn't see that most of the time? I have read that she might not feed them anyway in the first 24 hours, and that's okay, is that right?

I will try and keep an eye on her anyway, though even if she's in there she tends to jump out quickly and give me a dirty look if I go in the room.

And I will check the babies again this afternoon to see if they look any fatter.

Raspberry.. I think is glad to have a break from the hormonal Cordie, actually! She's been enjoying her own space and the ability to DBF without getting her bum fur tugged out. They still have contact through the NIC grids anyway so I don't think they are missing each other too much at the moment anyway.

Cordie is doing okay. I don't know, she seems on edge a bit but I guess that's to be expected. She's spending a lot of time loafing on top of the cardboard box I put in - I cut the side off a cardboard box and put the nestbox in it, since she seemed very nervous having the nest 'in the open'. It seems to have calmed her down some.

Latest posts

Back