Not Again!!! )=

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

p1rat3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Location
Midlands, , United Kingdom
Izzy is in my prayers. I hate to seeany living thing go through something like this. it is evenworse when we are so close to them.

Tell Izzy to 'keep his head up'. I am sure he is a fighter.

Jay
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
She is definitely a fighter. We will get to the bottom of this.

Thank you everyone for all your help. Bless your hearts. :)
 

LuvaBun

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
7,761
Reaction score
3
Location
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Yeah Lissa, how's Iszy today. Poor girl, she'shaving such a rough time. And you must be so upset about having toseparate her from Pristine. Still, it is for the best, even though 10weeks will seem like such a long time.

Keeping you in my thoughts, Jan
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
Iszy is still her normal feisty self.Her attitude has not changed at all. She's just sneezing andshaking her head a lot, which really makes me wonder if she has aninner ear infection. The vet looked in her ears last week andsaw nothing. Maybe the infection goes deeper? Idon't know.

I know that I'm completely stressed out. Jason and I talkedabout some pretty tough subjects last night. We talked aboutgiving Pristine back to the breeder and possibly euthanizingIszy. Neither isan option. I am tooattached to Pristine. I already ordered mother's ringincluding her birth stone. I already have her picture hangingon the wall. She's already won my heart. I can't dothat. As selfish as it may be, I just can't. Andeuthanization....um.....BIG NO! She is still our littleIszy. Her attitude has not changed. As long as sheis enjoying her life and hopping around happily, that is not anoption. If her life, however, deteriorates to the point thatshe just isn't the same, we will cross that bridge when we getthere. Both of these thoughts make me sick to mystomach.

Is it unfair for me to want to keep Pristine? What would youdo? I just can't give her up. :( Lencinever caught what Iszy has so it should be okay, right?

I'm going to call UW back today and talk to that biologist. Ineed to know more. Jason and I also decided to get a secondopinion from another veterinary clinic. I will be making thatappointment today.
 

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
2,368
Reaction score
1
Location
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Prayers for Iszy.

As far as making any tough decisions, I would wait for a bit.It's all too fresh right now. Just take some time.Keep the girls separate, and see what happens with Iszy and themedication.

Jen
 

CorkysMom

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
2,471
Reaction score
0
Location
Corky's Cave, , USA
If you were truly risking her life, you wouldn'tbe seperating them and being as cautious as you are...keep up with thecaution and talking to people and trying to get to the bottom ofit...there's nothing "selfish" about wanting to keep Pristine....I'msure she's as happy with you as you are to have her there.
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
God, I'm just bawling. I've only hadPristine for two weeks and I can't imagine not having heralready. She's already won my heart....and Jason'stoo. We just can't give her up. But isthat selfish?
 

RaspberrySwirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
0
Location
, , USA
Just catching upon all of this...Wow, what a lot going on! :shock:Hang inthere. You and your bunsare in our thoughts and prayers.

Ras, SLG and Sebastian
 

CorkysMom

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
2,471
Reaction score
0
Location
Corky's Cave, , USA
Lissa wrote:
God,I'm just bawling. I've only had Pristine for two weeks and Ican't imagine not having her already. She's already won myheart....and Jason's too. We just can't give herup. But is that selfish?
See what I said above.. ;) Pristine came to you for a reason...
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
See what I said above.. ;) Pristine came to youfor a reason...
I know she did. :) She is our fuzzylittleblessing. She got Iszy eating again. She made uslaugh and smile after Lenci left. I do believe everythinghappens for a reason. I just would feel so guilty if thisthing was contagious and Pristine got sick.
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
UPDATE:

I talked to the exotics specialist at UW-Madison again who had spokenwith a microbiologist. These people are the top rabbit vetsin the State according to everyone I've talked to. Dr.Paul-Murphy told me the same thing as everyone else: She doesnot know what caused it; whether or not it is contagious is unknown,but she's "pretty sure" it isn't contagious; she doesn't know if it'scurable;I am doing the right thing by keeping Iszy onBaytril; and she has never seen this type of bacteria in a rabbitculture. I'm saddened to say that this is probably thefarthest I'm going to get with this. It's going to remain amystery. I called the temp. vet after I got off the phonewith Dr. Paul-Murphy and he told me to continue her on Baytril and hewill give Dr. Paul Murphy a call either today or tomorrow and see ifthere is anything further that can be done.

The plan now is to keep her on Baytril for one month and then come backfor a culture to see if the bacteria is gone. If not, I don'tknow what to do.
 

LuvaBun

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
7,761
Reaction score
3
Location
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Trust Iszy to turn out to be a woman of mystery;)! Seriously, it does sound as though she has them completely at aloss as to it's cause. Hopefully, the Baytril will get rid of it thistime. Like you say, at least she isn't suffering, and is carryingonas normal - she is leaving the worrying to her mom and day!

Jan
 

naturestee

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
11,817
Reaction score
26
Location
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA
James here,
Glad you won't give up on her. Just because it's unknowndoesn't mean it isn't uncureable. And if she is happy, thenit means it is time to pick your head up and fight. There isalong way to go for better and for worse, please stay optimistic andknow you have back up from across the globe here.
 

Lissa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,492
Reaction score
0
Location
, Wisconsin, USA
UPDATE: Iszy went off the Baytril onFriday after 1 month of being on it. All was fine until lastnight when she started sneezing again. A thick whitedischarge was apparent and there was a lot of it.

I'm going to call her vet and then call the rabbit expert at UW-Madisonto see if there is something else that will kill this bug. Ifnot, she most likely willbe on anti-biotics her entirelife. :( Poor little girl.
 

Latest posts

Top