Noses/ Whiskers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as good as Pebbles, but here is Bunbun's nose and whiskers :). Oh for a better camera!

DSC06402.jpg

DSC06401.jpg

DSC06399.jpg

Good question Rosie,

I've been thinking the same thing. I've been sitting here studying the name trying to figure out how it's pronounced.

Soooska:apollo:

Hi Rosie and Soooska,

maomaochiu is pronounced as spelled: mao-mao-chiu. it is chinese forfuzzy-fuzzy- ball, and yes, you may have already guessed that 'mao'means 'fuzzy' and 'chiu' means 'ball'!!!

i'm gald you are just as curious as the bunnies!!!

Rosie, i may start to think of an american middle name for him too!!! any suggestions?? ;)

maomaochiu

Hehe...how about Maomaochiu Puff?

So, is it pronounced like "mow", like meow without the "e"?For example, when someone hurts themselves and says, "Ow!"?

Am I right in assuming "Chiu" is pronounced like "chew"?

Again, just curious...love to learn about other languages. :)

maherwoman wrote:
Hehe...how about Maomaochiu Puff?

So, is it pronounced like "mow", like meow without the "e"?For example, when someone hurts themselves and says, "Ow!"?

Am I right in assuming "Chiu" is pronounced like "chew"?

Again, just curious...love to learn about other languages. :)

:DMaomaochiu Puff?! HMmmm, that sounds soooooooFUNNY!!!! thanks! maomaochiu already said that helikes that!

Rosie, you are right, 'mao' is like 'mow' and 'chiu' is like 'chew',not exactly but close enough. i also call him 'silly willy'.

I've wondered about his name too. I'm glad to know I've been saying it right, well, in my head, lol.

Is this Cantonese, or another form of Chinese? Somehow i can't picture Mao Tse-Tung as "fuzzy." ;)

BTW, very cute name!

maomaochiu wrote:
Hi Rosie and Soooska,

maomaochiu is pronounced as spelled: mao-mao-chiu. it is chinese forfuzzy-fuzzy- ball, and yes, you may have already guessed that 'mao'means 'fuzzy' and 'chiu' means 'ball'!!!

i'm gald you are just as curious as the bunnies!!!

Rosie, i may start to think of an american middle name for him too!!! any suggestions?? ;)

maomaochiu

ec wrote:
Isthis Cantonese, or another form of Chinese? Somehow i can't picture MaoTse-Tung as "fuzzy." ;)

haha! this is Mandarin chinese, which is spoken by mostchinese people. cantonese is a dialect of chinese that isspoken by people from Hong Kong and Canton, and yes, maomaochiu's 'mao'is the same as 'mao tse-tung''s 'mao', but when 'mao' is used as a lastname, it does not mean anything. just like when 'white' is alast name, it does not mean that the person is Caucasian.

Thanks! I don't know any Mandarin (well, a few words, maybe) - but I'm very interested in languages.

Of course, it's the same with English, as far as last names...

Bambi and Sammy :D

gierschlundhasis.jpg

My brothers Bunny;)

wuschelstern3.jpg

Sammy big face again;):

sammyguck.jpg

Snowys whiskers:D:

snowybaby2.jpg

And her sweet nose:):

snowynase.jpg

Nenelen :D

Back