Noses/ Whiskers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as good as Pebbles, but here is Bunbun's nose and whiskers :). Oh for a better camera!

DSC06402.jpg

DSC06401.jpg

DSC06399.jpg

Hey, how do you pronounce Maomaochiu's name?? Just curious...

Also, what language is it from?

:)

Rosie*

Good question Rosie,

I've been thinking the same thing. I've been sitting here studying the name trying to figure out how it's pronounced.

Soooska:apollo:

Hi Rosie and Soooska,

maomaochiu is pronounced as spelled: mao-mao-chiu. it is chinese forfuzzy-fuzzy- ball, and yes, you may have already guessed that 'mao'means 'fuzzy' and 'chiu' means 'ball'!!!

i'm gald you are just as curious as the bunnies!!!

Rosie, i may start to think of an american middle name for him too!!! any suggestions?? ;)

maomaochiu

Hehe...how about Maomaochiu Puff?

So, is it pronounced like "mow", like meow without the "e"?For example, when someone hurts themselves and says, "Ow!"?

Am I right in assuming "Chiu" is pronounced like "chew"?

Again, just curious...love to learn about other languages. :)

maherwoman wrote:
Hehe...how about Maomaochiu Puff?

So, is it pronounced like "mow", like meow without the "e"?For example, when someone hurts themselves and says, "Ow!"?

Am I right in assuming "Chiu" is pronounced like "chew"?

Again, just curious...love to learn about other languages. :)

:DMaomaochiu Puff?! HMmmm, that sounds soooooooFUNNY!!!! thanks! maomaochiu already said that helikes that!

Rosie, you are right, 'mao' is like 'mow' and 'chiu' is like 'chew',not exactly but close enough. i also call him 'silly willy'.

Too cute!! I love his name...:)

I've wondered about his name too. I'm glad to know I've been saying it right, well, in my head, lol.

Is this Cantonese, or another form of Chinese? Somehow i can't picture Mao Tse-Tung as "fuzzy." ;)

BTW, very cute name!

maomaochiu wrote:
Hi Rosie and Soooska,

maomaochiu is pronounced as spelled: mao-mao-chiu. it is chinese forfuzzy-fuzzy- ball, and yes, you may have already guessed that 'mao'means 'fuzzy' and 'chiu' means 'ball'!!!

i'm gald you are just as curious as the bunnies!!!

Rosie, i may start to think of an american middle name for him too!!! any suggestions?? ;)

maomaochiu

ec wrote:
Isthis Cantonese, or another form of Chinese? Somehow i can't picture MaoTse-Tung as "fuzzy." ;)

haha! this is Mandarin chinese, which is spoken by mostchinese people. cantonese is a dialect of chinese that isspoken by people from Hong Kong and Canton, and yes, maomaochiu's 'mao'is the same as 'mao tse-tung''s 'mao', but when 'mao' is used as a lastname, it does not mean anything. just like when 'white' is alast name, it does not mean that the person is Caucasian.

Thanks! I don't know any Mandarin (well, a few words, maybe) - but I'm very interested in languages.

Of course, it's the same with English, as far as last names...

Up close and personal...this is Chocolate Bunny

000_1050.jpg

and also here is Jack...

000_1006.jpg

cheryl

Bambi and Sammy :D

gierschlundhasis.jpg

My brothers Bunny;)

wuschelstern3.jpg

Sammy big face again;):

sammyguck.jpg

Snowys whiskers:D:

snowybaby2.jpg

And her sweet nose:):

snowynase.jpg

Nenelen :D

Nenelen...

What kind of bunny does your brother have? I've never seen such cute ears on a bunny!!! :D

Rosie*

This is Josie,this was taken not long after i rescued her

000_1036.jpg

cheryl

Latest posts

Back