Newbie Question:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we think the black one looks like agirl. I'm hoping if anything this is meaning that the problemmight be the black one and not the 3 others are bucks :thud:

I'm going to e-mail you a picture we took. We're gonna cry ifshe turns out to be a he. I guess we'd just end up gettingher/him a smaller cage till we can get her/him fixed.

It could just be that they didn't hang out together as much....so they're trying to get to know her better....

Peg

We really REALLY hope so!

we're still so cofused. I compared Ella to the blackone. Ella really did not like being handled like that:(

Our results are still inconclusive. They definetly seem to bedifferent. The black one has a bit of a wet pink thing comingout when pressure is put near there but it appears to have a slit orhole in the top of it.

I dunno about checking any of the others to further compare as itappears they don't like being handled as much as Ella and the black one.

I don't know about the gender :?!

Don't be worried if she's a bit skitterish. They just need some warmingup to. It is still the firs t day too! :) She's jsut a bit shy I think.

we're not worried about the others becoming morecomfortable with us :) really I was quite suprised that theyare so comfortable with us already!

at least they all seem really happy to be here and that's the most important thing:bunnydance:

Just Jack wrote:
we're not worried about the others becoming more comfortablewith us :) really I was quite suprised that they are socomfortable with us already!

at least they all seem really happy to be here and that's the most important thing:bunnydance:
So we're going to see you start your bunny blog WHEN? (hint, hint)

I'm anxiously awaiting more photos here....

Peg

soon soon :lol: this morning I finished touching up all the photos and uploading them

Today we have discovered who we really believe the buck tobe. Turns out it's Ella (blue doe). We caught hertrying to mount the chestnut.

How old is blue? With him trying to start mounting some ofthe others already I wonder are we going to have to separatehim? We're still letting them play together but making surehe doesn't start up with anyone.

Mounting isn't always to do with what you mightthink it would. Sometimes they just do it to find out who's dominant.Hopefully they are all girls! Or Ella will have to turn into Earl! :)

Have you found a rabbit-savvy vet? You could bring them in and have them sexed.

It's really hard to tell gender by their actions. One of myspayed girls (Sprite) likes to mount a lot. She and Mochawere both known to spray the walls a little before they were spayed.

good point. well that just puts us back at square one again.

we checked the chestnut and it was very obvious that she is a girl.

now we just aren't sure about the blue one and the black one. I kind of have the feeling that they are both boys.

if this is the case we might try splitting the cage into top and bottom cages till they get fixed.

:lol: I promise I'll start the bunnyblog as soon as we get back from Petsmart which we will get to once wefigure out whether we are going to need to either divide the cage intotwo parts or buy an extra smaller cage. And if I do have toseparate them then I'll need to make sure that I have enough food andwater balls for all of them.

Since my boys decided to be all hormoney, I'vebeen stealing dishes from the kitchen so that they both have water andfood dishes! Good luck finding all your bun equipment!

I use the lid of a (1kg)craft peanutbutter jar for my water dish. Jordi loves to drink and chew on the edgeat the same time.

I can't wait to see how this turns out! I think it'll be great if you have 2 boys and 2 girls!

well it's official, we went to petsmart to getthem checked! we do have 2 boys and 2 girls :lol:it proved very easy to just put the square piece of wood in the hole ofthe second floor to make two cages. Now we just have tofigure out what will be the names for the boys.

so now I'll get started on the bunny blog!

Just Jack wrote:
well it's official, we went to petsmart to get themchecked! we do have 2 boys and 2 girls :lol: itproved very easy to just put the square piece of wood in the hole ofthe second floor to make two cages. Now we just have tofigure out what will be the names for the boys.

so now I'll get started on the bunny blog!

:growl:Oh NO!!!!

I'm so sorry.....I really am.

I think I'll go hide my head...

Peg

I don't think it's going to be aproblem. I guess we're going to have to start splitting uptheir playtime though. I was thinking that maybe I'll let theboys out first then towards the end of the boys' time out we can letthe girls out so they can interact with each other for a littlebit. Then we'll put the boys away and let the girls continueto stay out for a good while.

This should only stay this way for a couple of weeks or so until we canget the boys fixed. Just gotta find out how old the black oneis so we can see how soon we can get him neutered.

Latest posts

Back