Newbie here with a helicopter bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemma

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Jem,
totally new here and thought I'd say hello to you all.
This is Flapjack, hes 3 months old. Hes been a helicopter bun for 3 to 4 weeks now.
Hes a rex/lop mix.
Just wondering if hes likely to be a permanent helicopter bun?
2019-07-07-16-02-49-798.jpg

Welcome! I think his ears will stay like that, but I think it is super cute! I don't know if it is dangerous for rabbits to have helicopter ears though... Did you say that his ears have not been like that for forever?
Also he sort of looks like my rabbits brother!

Welcome to the forum. Your bun is adorable! (I love that coloring... had that on my very first rabbit.)

Ears can change to lop or not when bunnies are still young, from what I understand. No cause for concern.

Welcome! Because he is part rex, it is very likely that his ears will stay helicopter forever. He's a gorgeous boy! My lop's ears lopped around 6-7 weeks old, before he even came home.

Welcome! Because he is part rex, it is very likely that his ears will stay helicopter forever. He's a gorgeous boy! My lop's ears lopped around 6-7 weeks old, before he even came home.
Hiya! Thank you for the reply :)
Hes only young so up until now his ears have both been up, but as his dad is a lop his ears have always been a bit wobbly. One has just slowly lowered completely. Hes had a full health check at the vets and all is well.
I've heard about mixed breeds ears sometimes not lopping until 3 or 4 months, and sometimes only one lops, I just wasnt sure if it's a temporary thing or if it's often permanent. Hes super cute either way

This is my Lukaku - also a helicopter. The ear came down when he was eight weeks old and stayed. We find it irresistible.

Attachments

• IMG_3858.JPG
    IMG_3858.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back