NEW TO RABBITS AND NEED SOME HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like wet food to me... LOL, good try though!

I would just let him be over night, and if he's eating I'm sure the poops will come.

Babies that young often have very small poop, and it can be hard to seesometimes. So I wouldn't stress out too much unless you can'tfind anything tomorrow. But as long as he keeps eating anddrinking, he should be okay.

Take a few days to read through the Bunny 101 section. And ask us lots and lots of questions!

This is a really fun website: http://www.paperglyphs.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html
Goes through all the body language of a bunny, and it will help you to tell if your bun is happy or not.

--Dawn

looks like wet food pellets to me. . .

100_0694.jpg

okay, you can see some big bunny poops at the base of thewhite thing. . .there are 3 or 4 of them. baby bunny poops will lookjust like this, but be smaller. . . from the size of a dried pea to thesize of a small blueberry depending on how much your bun is eating andwhat age/size he is.

they will be round, and dark brown. they are also normally very hard and don't have a falling apart look to them.

does this help?

Since you gave the rabbits some veggies, I'd bemaking sure it has hay and maybe a small amount of oatmeal if you haveany handy (the long cooking kind - just grab out a tablespoon or so andplop it in the food bowl). In case the rabbit has diaherrea, this willhelp him or her to stop having it.

I would also check the rabbit a couple of times per day for the nextcouple of days just to make sure that it doesn't have diaherrea that isstuck to its rear. If so - you may need to clean it off....

I'm only saying this 'cause of the veggies - and you didn't know anybetter so don't beat yourself up or anything. But this is something youmay want to look for.

And congrats on getting a bunny - its adorable!

Peg

POOP! I have messy bunnies.
100_3592.jpg

wow yalls rabbits are cute i love the ears lolok after cleaning the cage today i found little balls that hopefullyyall can tell me if its poop if not then im going to take him to thevet and thank u everyone for the great help and advice

http://i15.tinypic.com/2vl1blv.jpg

Yep that looks like poop to me. But it looks alittle runny, it should be a hard, round ball. The lettuce might havecaused the runniness. Just a pointer- rabbits should not diarrhea.Diarrhea is caused from bad food or an unhealthy rabbit. Also, pleeeaseplease please get the rabbit some hay! Hay is really important forrabbits because of its fiber. Without fiber rabbits can be unhealthyand are more prone to hairballs, which can be deadly. So if there areno pet stores with hay nearby you can go to petsmart.com and get hayand other supplies for it. For a happy rabbit you should get a coupletoys like a hide-out (which is at petsmart.com too) and a chew toy.Also for rabbits to be happy they need to be taken out of the cage forexercise and play for about 2 hours a day, or less if you have a verylarge cage. If you need more information this site and many others canhelp you keep your rabbit healthy and happy. Before i got my rabbit iresearched on rabbit care for about 2 months and i also bought abook.They helped LOADS, and if i didnt do all that researchi'd probably have an unhappy, unhealthy,or maybe even deadrabbit.Good luck with him, hes really cute!

P.S. In my opinion he looks a lot like a mix. I'd have to sayhes a Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf cross. His face definetely lookslike a lops, but he has upright ears.

BinkyRabbit33 wrote:
Yep that looks like poop to me. But it looks a little runny,it should be a hard, round ball. The lettuce might have caused therunniness. Just a pointer- rabbits should not diarrhea. Diarrhea iscaused from bad food or an unhealthy rabbit. Also, pleeease pleaseplease get the rabbit some hay! Hay is really important for rabbitsbecause of its fiber. Without fiber rabbits can be unhealthy and aremore prone to hairballs, which can be deadly. So if there are no petstores with hay nearby you can go to petsmart.com and get hay and othersupplies for it. For a happy rabbit you should get a couple toys like ahide-out (which is at petsmart.com too) and a chew toy. Also forrabbits to be happy they need to be taken out of the cage for exerciseand play for about 2 hours a day, or less if you have a very largecage. If you need more information this site and many others can helpyou keep your rabbit healthy and happy. Before i got my rabbit iresearched on rabbit care for about 2 months and i also bought abook.They helped LOADS, and if i didnt do all that researchi'd probably have an unhappy, unhealthy,or maybe even deadrabbit.Good luck with him, hes really cute!

P.S. In my opinion he looks a lot like a mix. I'd have to sayhes a Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf cross. His face definetely lookslike a lops, but he has upright ears.
good he pooped some mroe im going to a feed store today andgetting hay i made a little hide out for him with a carboard box. iwould have done some research but it was a spur of the moment thing butthanks to this site and very nice people i have learned a lot. u said utake him out is it okay to take him outside if hes a inside rabbit?? orcan he get sick thanks for the help

If you want to take him outside, you have tosupervise him at all times. Bunnies would make a nice snackfor raccoons, stray cats, and birds of prey. But other thanensuring he's safe from predators, it's perfectly okay to take themoutside as long as it's not too cold or wet out.

Or, you can let him run around in a bunny proofed area of thehouse. I have a puppy pen I set up in my living room for playtime for my buns.

As long as he's got some room to romp and play, inside or outside doesn't matter.

The poop doesn't look too bad. Was it hard? If so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Good luck finding some hay. I'm sure the feed store will have lots.

--Dawn

Alfalfa is good for babies, lots of protien andcalcium! Once bunny is about 6-8 months you should switch totimothy hay.

As for the salt wheels, I've never used them. I don't think they need them, but I don't think they really harm them.

You could give bunny an empty toilet paper roll stuffed with hay as a toy. Mine really enjoy those.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
Alfalfa is good for babies, lots of protien andcalcium! Once bunny is about 6-8 months you should switch totimothy hay.

As for the salt wheels, I've never used them. I don't think they need them, but I don't think they really harm them.

You could give bunny an empty toilet paper roll stuffed with hay as a toy. Mine really enjoy those.

--Dawn
cool thanks for all the help again as soon as i put the hay inthe cage he went at it quick tok a nap and woke up and went back at itlol i did as u said to put a toilet paper roll stuffed with hay but hesbeen too busy with the hay he hasnt bothered with it. thanks again forhelping :D

Latest posts

Back