New to bunnies, with a new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacaroe

Reaction score
Yay, us!

So we adopted a new bunny yesterday who seemed healthy and sweet and patient, with bright eyes and healthy fur, brought her home to her brand new cage which -silly me- I thought I had made every preparation for. Then bunny proceeded to leave orange puddles everywhere overnight. :( She didn't leave any puddles in the carrier on the way home, only overnight.

I didn't expect bunny to be litter trained yet, and most of the puddles are around the feeding area, and not under her hidey-box. But I found your site in my panic to google any information on "why is my bunny leaving orange puddles??".

I have come to the realization that it's probably just discolored urine due to stress (traveling and curious cats staring at her all night) and/or diet change , and I'm really hoping that it will normalize soon. In the meantime, I'm making her a vet appt tomorrow and reading all the info I can here. Thanks for providing a common-sense outlet in this world of crazy information!

This is Cinnabun. I've been leaving her alone to establish her territory, so these are the best pics I could get for now. :)

rZYgp0P.png
AwlNDCD.png

Beautiful bun hope all goes well..

Thank you! I'm hoping the problems are temporary, as I've not seen anything strange since this morning when I woke up.

That aside, OMG! Her markings look like the markings on your bunny! Specifically the stripe down the back. Is that a common trait?

another characteristic is what they call the butterfly on the nose which your bun and my bun has,,

Ha, my bun has it too! His name is Big Wig, and he has a stripe down his back, with a rib pattern coming off of it. He also has the butterfly nose

That's so cool! Is that indicative of a specific breed? We have our first vet appt on Thursday, and she's a bunny-specific vet, so I'm hoping to get more info about her. It was kind of embarrassing when upon making the appointment the receptionist asked me all these questions I didn't have answers for: How old, what breed, intact? Eek.

Our family is excited to learn more about our bunny every day :D

My daughter and I are new bunny owners. We got a sister and brother, Sasha and Dmitri respectively, almost a year ago, and they are Dwarf Holland Lops. We lost Sasha soon after we got her, but I read that bunnies need a bond, so we brought in a new female, Tippens (who we call Tipsy) within a couple of weeks. Dmitri was instantly super protective of her from the moment they met, and they seem to have bonded quite well.

Attachments

• bunnies.jpg
    bunnies.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back