New to bunnies, with a new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacaroe

Reaction score
Yay, us!

So we adopted a new bunny yesterday who seemed healthy and sweet and patient, with bright eyes and healthy fur, brought her home to her brand new cage which -silly me- I thought I had made every preparation for. Then bunny proceeded to leave orange puddles everywhere overnight. :( She didn't leave any puddles in the carrier on the way home, only overnight.

I didn't expect bunny to be litter trained yet, and most of the puddles are around the feeding area, and not under her hidey-box. But I found your site in my panic to google any information on "why is my bunny leaving orange puddles??".

I have come to the realization that it's probably just discolored urine due to stress (traveling and curious cats staring at her all night) and/or diet change , and I'm really hoping that it will normalize soon. In the meantime, I'm making her a vet appt tomorrow and reading all the info I can here. Thanks for providing a common-sense outlet in this world of crazy information!

This is Cinnabun. I've been leaving her alone to establish her territory, so these are the best pics I could get for now. :)

rZYgp0P.png
AwlNDCD.png

Beautiful bun hope all goes well..

Thank you! I'm hoping the problems are temporary, as I've not seen anything strange since this morning when I woke up.

That aside, OMG! Her markings look like the markings on your bunny! Specifically the stripe down the back. Is that a common trait?

another characteristic is what they call the butterfly on the nose which your bun and my bun has,,

thats the butterfly nose..

Attachments

• DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 2
Ha, my bun has it too! His name is Big Wig, and he has a stripe down his back, with a rib pattern coming off of it. He also has the butterfly nose

That's so cool! Is that indicative of a specific breed? We have our first vet appt on Thursday, and she's a bunny-specific vet, so I'm hoping to get more info about her. It was kind of embarrassing when upon making the appointment the receptionist asked me all these questions I didn't have answers for: How old, what breed, intact? Eek.

Our family is excited to learn more about our bunny every day :D

My daughter and I are new bunny owners. We got a sister and brother, Sasha and Dmitri respectively, almost a year ago, and they are Dwarf Holland Lops. We lost Sasha soon after we got her, but I read that bunnies need a bond, so we brought in a new female, Tippens (who we call Tipsy) within a couple of weeks. Dmitri was instantly super protective of her from the moment they met, and they seem to have bonded quite well.

Attachments

• bunnies.jpg
    bunnies.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back