New rabbit owner help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I've done alot of research and I know what I'm getting myself into but, do I need some tips and DIY tricks please. I'm getting a bunny in October. Thanks![emoji11]

One thing I have noticed on most rabbit care sites is that little or nothing is mentioned about how to handle the actual day one goes to get their rabbit and bring it home.

What should be prepared at home ahead of time?
What should you be sure to get from the prior owner/rescue before you leave with your bunny?
How do you handle the ride home?
What to do with bunny the moment you arrive home?
What should or should not be done near the bunny's cage the 48 hours?
What should or should not be done with bunny the first 48 hours?

These are all things I've addressed at this page. Hopefully this will be new and helpful information for you!

Be sure to post a picture of your bun when you get him/her! We would all love to see! When i got my bunny i made sure to leave him alone for a few days and not interfere or touch unless i needed to give water, hay or food. Then when your bunny is used to you start litter training as soon as possible if that is an option for you, it makes cleaning a million times easier! You probably know this stuff already though for DIY tips Charlie really loves to play with cut up cardboard and paper tubes! If you have a willow tree or apple tree that is untreated, cut of some branches and tie them together with some sisal string! good luck and i am sure its going to be awesome!

Latest posts

Back