Abcess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My bun has an abscess on her tummy. I was in the hospital for a few days and when I got home it was there. My husband was taking care of her. She has a nice protected outside hutch. I have no idea what happened. I brought her in and put her in her portable hutch in my spare room. She is warm and dry or cool depending on our weather. She has a vet appt tomorrow-earliest they had. She is eating, drinking, and using the bathroom just fine. What the heck?? What else can I do? She is a 2 year old, spayed, New Zealand Albino saved from slaughter from meat! She loves just me!! She wants me to keep petting her for comfort!! She is my baby!!

What does the abcess look and feel like? Is there a hole or scab in the middle, or is the skin perfectly intact?

Well, since you're going to the vet tomorrow anyway there isn't anything to be done for now, hopefully it's not a big deal. Keep us updated please.

My bun has an abscess on her tummy. I was in the hospital for a few days and when I got home it was there. My husband was taking care of her. She has a nice protected outside hutch. I have no idea what happened. I brought her in and put her in her portable hutch in my spare room. She is warm and dry or cool depending on our weather. She has a vet appt tomorrow-earliest they had. She is eating, drinking, and using the bathroom just fine. What the heck?? What else can I do? She is a 2 year old, spayed, New Zealand Albino saved from slaughter from meat! She loves just me!! She wants me to keep petting her for comfort!! She is my baby!!i

Just make sure she continues eating and drinking normally until you get her seen by the vet tomorrow. If her condition deteriorates drastically before then, you may need to get her seen tonight by an emergency vet experienced with rabbits, if you have any near you.

Just make sure she continues eating and drinking normally until you get her seen by the vet tomorrow. If her condition deteriorates drastically before then, you may need to get her seen tonight by an emergency vet experienced with rabbits, if you have any near you.
Thank you so much. I am so worried about her as she is my baby. So far she is still totally acting normal. We have just a couple of more hours until her Vet appointment thank goodness. I did the best thing by bringing her in and keeping her quiet and safe!! For a non typical pet type,( usually raised for meat) she has ended up being such a Sweety for me!! She is definitely a one person bun bun! Mine, lol. I may never ever put her back outside even though she was born there and pretty much spent most of her life there except in extreme conditions. I have a spare room for her!! She is too important to me!!

Latest posts

Back