NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bunnydance:Hi I have just joined and am lookingforward to speaking to like minded people, most of my pals think I amjust a little eccentric because of my live for my 2 furryfriends. I am owned by 2 dwarf lops a male called Herbie anda feamle called Mali. Mali is a fairly new addition to ourfamily as my beautiful Rimona passed away very suddenly. Sorather than have Herbie moppping around (as he was!) we adopted Maliand she seemed to slowly bring him back to his former self.Although he does now sleep in the box that Rimona died in - strange buttrue.

Can anyone please tell me if I can keep more that 2 rabbits together,my two have both been neutered so there would be no risk of unwantedbabies. It is just that I know of so many rabbits in need ofrescuing and I wish I could do more than just my 2. Pleaseadvise.

Yours hoppily

Melanie

:wave2And welcome!! Yes, many people housemultiple bunnys! Introductions can always be tricky, however it can bedone (so I hear, 6 months later and my spoiled little Nuggles stillwont play nice:dunno:) but Im sure you will be getting lots of greatadvice from the members here! You have come to the rightplace:brownbunnyI look forward to seeing pics of your bunnys!!

Shye,Nuggles,Nibbles

And all my foster buns!!

:bunnydance:Welcome

Alicia:sweepThe Maid, The buns Ringo Starr :runningrabbit:, SamanthaJane :apollo:,Connor Grayson:not listening, Teresa Mekare:bunny19,Dallas Jinx :bunny17:, AND THE REST OF THE ZOO CREW!!!

P.s. We need smilies for lops!

Hi, Melanie!!

It's so wonderful to see another person that lives for their animalbabies, like so many of us on this forum do! We're prettymuch all animal fanatics!! :)

I don't see any problem with trying to introduce a third (or fourth orfifth, hehe!) bun to your pair, except that bonding can betricky. I'm currently planning for my third bun, myself, andthough my two girls are both currently unspayed (hence half of theplanning I have to do), I will bond the new bun (who IS spayed) withone of my buns (who will be spayed before she arrives inMarch). Then, when they're bonded (which I'm not too worriedabout achieving), I'll get my other girl, Maisie, spayed, and try for atrio. I'll be doing the bonding with my Flower first, mostlybecause she's got a MUCH more social personality, and has shown MANYsigns of badly wanting a friend (which we helped just a bit with buyingher a stuffed animal friend, but it's really not the same), and I thinkbonding will be a snap. :)

Anyway, I know how you're feeling...one thing that would help is totake your pair down to a shelter (calling them ahead of time so theyknow what you're trying to do...they'll be happy you're doing so muchto be sure it's a good match!), and see who THEY bond with and want asa new friend to their group. The people at the shelter shouldeasily be able to help you in everything, too. :)

All that aside...welcome to the forum! :D

Look forward to seeing pictures of your babies!

Rosie*

Hi my name is Melanie and I live in South Waleswith my Husband Nick and our 2 runny bunnies. I am owned by amale called Herbie and a female called Mali. Sadly earlierthis year my beautiful girl passed away to greener fields where I hopeshe is getting up to as much mischief as she did here. Rimonawas an incredibly itelligent rabbit as only other bunny lovers canappreciate. Most people look at you as if you've a screwloose when you say how intelligent they can be. I still missRimona and I am sure Herbie does as they were bonded for 3 years and Itwas love at first sight - none of this putting them together for anhour then seperating them once he clapped eyes on her we were told inno uncertain terms to butt out. He growled when I went toretrieve her and he began grooming her immediatly. Thebonding with Mali took a little longer as she is not thebrightest bunny on the block. She was an ex breeder anddidn't realise she was allowed out of the hutch and that grass was forhopping on - it was one of the saddest and funnyest things towatch. But she is really happy now with the run of a fullyenclosed graden all day and a male rabbit that watches over her. Foodsharing is still an issue (they are like a pair of squabbling kids!).

Can anyone let me know If I can keep more than 2 rabbits together as Ihave the room and want to rescue some more if possible.Please advise.

[email protected]

Hi my name is Leigh and I have one rabbit called Earl.

He is a lionhead and about 4 1/2 months old. I hope to getinto showing and am in the process of gathering as much information aspossible.

I hope to speak to you all soon!

Kind regards,

Leigh

Hi Melanie! Welcome to the forum!

You can keep more than two rabbits together. Trios aren't toounusual, and I'm trying to bond a boy to a pair of girls rightnow. I do know some people have more than that livingtogether happily. It really depends on the rabbits though assome just don't like each other. Have you read up onbonding? There's lots of info in the bonding thread in Bunny101:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

And this is my favorite site on bonding. You'll notice that the author has a whole herd of bunnies living together.;)
http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

Many rabbit rescues are willing to help you via bunny dates and helpingwith bonding. That would probably be your best bet, so youdon't end up adopting a rabbit that both of yours hate.

And welcome, Leigh! I hope you and Earl do well at the shows!

Hi my name is Heather Mcclintock and am new tothe rabbit forum world. I own my own ranch and currently have 12 bunnysand boy do i have a variety. Two of them are bucks and the rest arefemales. I have rexs, mini rexs, rex crosses, mini lops, holland lops,and rhinelanders. My rhinelander doe just had babys and we still havetwo of them. i am currently a rabbit leader in my 4H group and I wouldlike to meet people that have the same interests as me because i loverabbits.

:wave:Hi Heather and welcome!

Ohh i love the Rhinelaner,they're such pretty bunnies

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your bunnies,especially your Rhinelanders ;)

cheryl

hi im celine and my name on the forum is bunnylover!! ive spoken to many people and have anarticle on myrabbit but im still new to this forum so havent met everyone and allthe buns, i joined on... im not sure but it says on the side!!! myrabbits name is thumper and she's big!!! so hi everyone!!!:hello

by the way im in :heartbeat:withbunnies like everyone else on this forum!!

Heather,your Rhinelanders are just beautiful!....what precious little bunnies they are,and i just love their colouring! :D

Hello Celine! :D

cheryl

Hi!

I'm new to the forum so I wanted to say a formal hello. My name isBrandon and I currently have 4 buns. Holly is a mini lop and my otherthree (Ahlee, aspen, and Crumpet) are nethies. I am hopefully adoptinga fifth bun as a partner for Holly next week.

Aspen is my first bun.About 2years ago, before Iknew any better I bought her from a petshop. She laterbecamepregnant by complete accident andI keptseveral of herbabies to ensure they would have good lives.Iinitially keptAshlee, Willie, and Bear, and latertook Crumpet back. Williesuffered through seizures and passedaway a few monthsago.Bear died suddenly almost ayear ago. They were my sweet baby boys and I miss themdearly:( I adopted Holly 2 summers ago and she is a crazybun~I don't have many photos of any of them because my computer crasheda few months back and I lost all of my pics.

Here are a few pics of the crew.

Holly

Picture471-revised.jpg

HollyOutside2.jpg

Picture005resized.jpg

Aspen

Picture120.jpg

020_16Aresized.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Ashlee:

Picture125.jpg
Picture136resized.jpg
Picture015.jpg

Crumpet

Picture341.jpg

Willie

Picture324-resized.jpg

Bear

Picture138resized.jpg

Hi! I'm jenna! We have (in the rabbit category)Maizee- a New Zealand that will be 1 next month, and today acquired anew little girl called Josephine who is just a baby. Josephine is alionhead, but not sure of her color- Tortoise maybe? I was hopingsomeone could help me with that! (hint to all the smart bunny people!)I run a website and forum called CritterScoop- and it was there thatsomeone recommended this forum, so thanks!

This is Maizee- (forgive the dirty feet- she loves playing outside!)

071306-050.jpg

And Josephine-

122906a%20010.jpg

When Josephine is out of quarentine, she will go into a pen adjacent toMaizee's- not sure at this point if we will try to bond them as therewill be such a huge size difference in them- so looking forward toreading about other people's experiences and hopefullysuccesseswith bonding two such different bunnies.

Wanted to add- this is Maizee's pen-

093006a%20001.jpg

093006a%20002.jpg

It takes up one end of the room. Josephine is currently in a temp pen in the back bathroom.

Latest posts

Back