NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, my name isEvenstar, I will soon get a rabbit, a holland lop boy, he isblue and white broken pattern. The breeder might bring himover to my place on Saturday. I am excited! My wire panelsarrived in the mail and i am having fun drawing up ideas onconstructing NIC cage. my other rabbit supplies from RabbitCentral will arrive in the mail on friday.
i already picked out a name for him, Boogie (maybe)
i think he got pedigree, i'll double check my email later to make sure.*edit* I just realized i should mention more about me for theintro, I am a college student in oklahoma, i am majoring insecondary education, i want to teach biological science andart. I am working part time at a bookstore, it is load offun! I have a service dog name nickles, i am hard of hearing,but i can hear some with the aid of hearing aid and cochlear implantdevice. I have some rats, they are load offun! Nickles is a bit afraid of the rats, he neverbeen aggressive to the rats. he just preferred to be left alone even ifBucca the male rat kept bugging him cause he wanted to check the whitedog out. hehe

redestarr wrote:
I will soon get arabbit, a holland lop boy, he is blue and white brokenpattern.
Yay! I have a broken blue holland as well!

IMG_3827.JPG

I can't wait to see pics when you get him!

Welcome to the forum Redestar!! I cant wait tosee your rabbit!! Post lots of pictures when you get him in the BunnyBlog section so we can all fon over him!!

Wow, all these newbies! We can't keep up!

:welcomeand :helloto Woosah, Stacie, Carla, Usako, Altimas,Floppy1, Tamra and Evenstar, and all their bunnies, and anybody elsewe've missed!

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:, dill :brownbunny, darry andradar :toastingbunsand sherry :bunny24

I do try to keep up but if I have missed you inwelcoming people, I am SOOOOO Sorry!! Thats who I missed!! Welcome tothe forums Tameraand Floppy1... I believe I know you floppybut who can be sure... There are so many forums out there!!WELCOMEWELCOME WELCOME!! Post pictures in the bunny blogsection and ask any questions and comment in the Rabbit Forum!!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM EVERYBODY!!:elephant::bunnydance::colors:

Hello everyone! My name is Ed. My wife Maureen and I have 2 male rabbits.

Dash (brown about 6-7 months old) and Cole (black, about 4-5 months old)

I've attched a pic of them.

We have a few questions but I'll post them in the correct forum.

We look forward to chatting with you all.

Take care.

Welcomet to the forum EMG103!! Glad to see youmade it hear. I hope you have fun and get your questions answeredquickly and correctly! can't wait to see more pictures ofyourbabies as they are gorgeous!! Dash and Cole are so cute!! Beautiful!!Well, I hope you have fun here! Post more pictures in the bunny blogsection. We are all very friendly here and hope you have a great timewith us!! :D

Thebreeder is unable to bring the baby boy lop to me thissaturday. She gotten in a car wreck. She said shecould hold it for me til before easter when she comes into town tovisit with her family.

the little boy lop is a holland lop

there is a local mom n pop petshop that i take the baby rats to (i madesure the baby rats were a tad older so they will be too big to be soldas feeders) they are going to have some lionhead rabbitstomarrow! I looked up lionhead rabbits on the internet awhileback. For long time i was going back and forth, do i wantlionhead rabbit or holland lop, they both sounds like have goodcharacteristic... And now i am going hmm, which one i want businessagain! What do you guys like about the holland lopand lionhead?

rabbit tomarrow or rabbit in two weeks,
im kinda broke payday won't be til next thurs.
wait or don't wait
whine! whine! whine!

:colors::boohoo Evenstar

Hi Evenstar,

We reduced the size of your type from a '5' to a '2'. Withthe bold, it was a bit much! But if there's a reason youwanted it so large, we'll change it back. :)

Meanwhile, sorry you won't be getting you Lop right away!

The person to ask about Lionheads and Lops is Tinysmom.She'sa moderator here. She has both, but she'llprobably want to talk you into the Lionhead if the last person whoasked that question is any indication. She just talked himintogetting four!! ;)

So on second thought, maybe you should post the question in the main forum to get more unbiased opinions!

:humour

And again, welcome to Rabbits Only!

RO Staff

:group

that is alrightwith the changing of the font size, it is that my eyes are not toogood, i have catarct in my right eye and i am only 33 yrs old!!, when iam reading the forum i can read them fine, but when i am going to postsomething the letters are pretty small , course i could sit a littlecloser to the screen :)

perhaps i should email to the breeder and tell her to go ahead and sellher little boy lop, and that i could try get one from her later on downthe road, especially after i move. im going to move off campus duringthe summer. i will still be going to college...

i finally gotten the NIC cage put together, it is two panels squarewhich means it is 28 in square with two shelves with a ramp, it woulddo for now til after i move, then i will add on the third panelssection to make the cage 28in by 42in.. since i didn't have any woodendowels, i use some of the extra panels to make the shelf surdier, workswell so far, i will take pic of it when i get more batteries for mycamera

Evenstar

Sorry, make that a '3'. That's what wechanged it to. I don't think anybody can see a '2' in thatfont!

If you want to go for a '4', that would be okay, too.

As for the bunny, we're sure you'll make the decision that's right for your situation. :)

RO Staff

:group

Hi Evenstar,

I had rats, too. they make great pets even if they turn somepeople off. Sorry to disagree with you but rats of ANY sizecan be feeders. I have seen a smallish snake eat a jumborat. My last two females - Ratquel and Ratpunzel weredestined for snake food when I bought both for $1.00. A lotof domestically bred rats have histoplasmosis and die ofpneumonia. I miss my rats, they were very sweet and loved toplay with one of my cats.

Roena

EvenStar- I love both Lionheads and HollandLops. But what is great is the LionLop!! A beautiful combination of Lopand Lionhead. Of course, this isn't purebred and you cant show them.Plus people dont really breed them but they are gorgeous and if you canfind one you would have both your favorite rabbits!!

If you buy a lionhead from the petstore you should really make sure ithas a pedigree or proof of purebred. Plus make sure it is in goodhealth.

lionlop, i seen pic of those, they are cute!!

well, after class i decided to take a look at the lionheads at theshop, there was three of them, they look just like the loadof pics i seen at the website, there was two boys and onegirl, one of the boy was real outgoing but he didn't have anymane, but he does have that facial feature typical of lionhead, but hiseyes didn't look right, he was black with white feet and teardrop whiteon the nose, and the girl was real pretty and looks like typicallionhead with the mane, skirt(?) all that hair around the belly area,and the hair on the back is real short, she was dark greyblack with salt and pepper appearance on the back .. and a boy he iskinda smokey light grey really pretty and have that "alien" face andalot of mane, and wispy poofy hair all over the body like the veryyoung lionhead, i was told that they are about 11 weeks old....therewas no pedigree, but the shop owner said that the breedershows rabbits and goats.... can y'all guess which one i picked?????

the smokey grey boy, i probably name him Boogie, maybe......

i'll look at the posted pics so i can find whatout what the proper namefor his color, , im gonna charge up the batteries so i can take a pic..

i had to walk home carrying the box with the rabbit in it, soon after igot home and opened the box, i put the whole thing in the cage and shutmy door so he could have some downtime

Im so excited!!

Evenstar

Evenstar, maybe you should post your posts inthe ROF (Rabbits only forum) and title it new bunny or something. Plusmake a post in the bunny blog section and show everybody the picturesof your rabbits!!

Hello everyone! Im also new here. I own analbinofemale californian/rex named Screech and a male mixbreed/rex named Foo-Foo. I used to also have 2 femalecalifornians(Alice and Toni), 1 black female mixed breed(Bower), and 2black rexs(malenamed Oreo, and female namedRaven)....(found in the woods behind my house and rehomed).Two of the strays had litters, so i ended up with like 20 baby rabbitsrunning around.

Oh, and i am looking to buy a Flemish Giant if anyone knows where i can get one. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Nice to meet you all!!!

:wave:Hi there,and welcome to the forum,im sure you will like it here,cannot wait to get to know you and your bunnies.

i just love the flemish giants,would absolutely lovvvvvve to ownone,but we dont have them over here in australia,so i miss out but i dohope you get your flemish giant that you want:)

cheryl

Hey all!

I'm new!I just joined today. I want to breed Dutch.

I have one rabbit, a black Dutch, but she is pet quality. (She got DQedfor a too black foot? Or something for a foot. So she is now a pet).

I am a member of the ARBA, and I want to breed Black & Tortoise Dutch.

:bunnydance:Shelly

P.S. - If anybody knows any Dutch breeders of black and tortoise withvery good quality (show & brood..if they are show quality, theyshould be able to breed too, right?) and that would ship to (or areclose to) Pennsylvania.

:wave:Hello to you,andwelcome to the forum as well,the dutch bunnies are so adorable,cannotwait to hear more about your bunny:)

cheryl

Latest posts

Back