NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm Aina. We found a rabbit a few weeks agothat the neighbors said had been wandering around the place for a fewweeks and no one knew whose rabbit he was, so my brother brought himhome. I know he is a male, but that is about all I know ofhim. He is fine with my dog as long as they are on oposite sides of thecage we have him in, lol. His name is Ronnie.
We are keeping him outside because my father says he can't come in. Welive in a place with lovely weather, so I doubt that will be a problem.
He is a little scared of me and hates to be picked up or petted. Bit ifyou are outside and paying attention to something else thenhe is dying to come out and check it out. I think he will have a greatpersonality, but I'm not sure how to bring it out.

Is there any way we can tell what age he is?

A few pics of him
000_1062.jpg

000_1061-1.jpg

I was taking pics of my dog, but rabbit wanted me to be paying attention to him.
000_10601-1.jpg

Hi Ainia, Ronnie is beautiful.

I can't believe someone would let such a beautiful rabbit loose. He is very lucky you found him.

Are you feeding him rabbit pellets, and hay and fresh water?Does he have a place he can hide in his cage just in cas a preditortreis to get him?

Looking forward to more pictures.

Soooska:apollo:

Welcome Aina! YourRonnie is verybeautiful, I think he looks like one of my rabbits, Pebble (you can seeher in my avatar):D

I have no idea how you'd be able to tell what age heis:?I think the best way to bring out his personality is justkeep giving him a lot of attention, maybe he's not used to humancontact so it may take a while for him to get used to you, althoughmost rabbits don't like to be held, he'll probably come to love beingpetted.:)

I agree he'll be fine outside, but like Soooska said, ensure he hasshelter and is in a secure area safe from any predators (and be carefulto watch him with your dog, the other day my friend told me that a manher dad knows had a rabbit and a dog, and he only allowed them to betogether supervised, and then he left them alone one day, and the dogripped the rabbit to shreds:shock:, isn't that awful?!:X Stupid man...)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy posting here, and again welcome:welcome1

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I give the rabbit freash hay, water, and pelletsevery morning. He has a small hide out place, but I am working ongetting him a bigger one. There is a tarp covering his cage so nopredators can get to him.
The rabbit seems unconcerned about my dog, and I'm pretty sure my dogwouldn't hurt the rabbit, but I would never leave them alone together.Just in case.

What breed is Pebble? Ronnie looks a lot like her.

Hi there, Aina! Welcome to the forum! Your Ronnie boy sure is a cutie! What beautiful eyes!!

:)

As far as getting him comfortable around you, it helps to just spendtime with him, sitting or laying down so you're on his level.:)

Glad to see you here! :)

I've been told there is no way to tell arabbit's age. Other animals like cats and dogs, they checkthe teeth, but rabbit's teeth don't stop growing, so that method isn'teffective.

Aina wrote:
What breed is Pebble? Ronnie looks a lot like her.
Pebble is a mixed breed, she's a cross between a black rex and analbino lop!:) Everyone thinks it's weird that Pebble and Ebony aresisters (she's in my av too) because they look nothing alike;)

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Hello Everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am thepround parent of 8 year old Carmen! Carmen is a widow as of October28th, and so, we are here in hopes of meeting kind, like-minded people!I would like to put up a picture, but am not familiar with photo sizing.

:bunnydance:Vanessa

I know i have already welcomed you in another thread..but here i am welcoming you again lol :)

here is a link to how to post pictures,you can also resize your pictures on there as well :)

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11950&forum_id=14

When youhave uploaded your pictures,and when you make a newthread look just above you and you will see a button that looks likethis
image.gif
pressit and paste your lineand then press ok,your picture shouldshow up.

cheryl

Hello, Vanessa! Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about Carmen losing her dear friend. That's always so sad for everyone involved. :(

But...we're happy you found the site! You've come to theright place in your search for nice people! :)You'll love it here...we're one big happy family here at RO!:D

Nice to meet you!

Rosie*

this is tallulah-hopefully, let me know if u can't c the pic

babyb:bunnybutt:

HELLO

well I dont have a rabbit as of yet ButIm doing my research and looking for a Breeder in my area. If anyoneknows of any in Kansas that would be great...and I would take ANY infoon care and diet...:D

Hello, kansas! Welcome to the forum!

You might try checking in the Rescus Me forum to see if anyone there is in Kansas, and has a bunny that needs a new home:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=7

Also, I would recommend checking with your local shelters for bunnies,as you can get the bun already spayed or neutered, and there are SOMANY buns that need homes out there. :)

I don't know which county/city you're located in Kansas, but you cansearch local shelters at http://www.petfinder.com/ for a bun.:) Lots of people on this site have brought home their sweetbunny friends through this site. :)

Anyway, welcome! Can't wait to hear about your new bunny friend when you find him/her! :)

Rosie*

Hey. I have a rabbit and we are new members. Hisname is Petter and he is four years old. He lives inside my apartementand is always free. He only uses his cage as a resturant, and most ofthe time he is around me. We live in Oslo in Norway.

Take a look at his homepage

http://www.petterkanin.piczo.com

Welcome Petter!!! I had a look at your websiteand love the photos! Absolutely adorable. You clearly love your bun andwe love you for that! Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

:bunnydance:Vanessa

Hi! Welcome to the forum, Marit and Petter! :)

Your bun is so adorable! I just love his beautiful black color...almost so black it shines blue. :)

Look forward to hearing all about Petter! :)

Rosie*

Hello all.

I have been posting in the Rabbitery section today as my two rabbitshave had an unexpected litter of 5 babies! I have been having a propernosey around this forum today and i absolutly love it. the pictures aregreat and you obviously all love your bunnies. So i thought why notintroduce myself and join in with the pciture posting bunnychatting as i love love love rabbits. Ive never been a proper member ofa forum before because ive never found one i have been partucly fondof, but this one is fab!

So here is my official introduction lol

I am Anna and i live in the UK in northants area. My user name isstar_girl because i was listening to the radio when i signed up andMcFly - Star girl was playing!!

I have 2 rabbits, actually i currently have 7, but 5 of them a little little babies. These are my two...

DSCN1264.jpg

To the left is Ginger, who is the Proud Mother, and to the right isFreckles, They are doing what they do best eating thierdinner!! They are nearly six month old now.Its lucky i got a picturewith Freckles in it, hes usually camera shy...
DSCN1267.jpg

unlike ginger who is the biggest poser!...
DSCN1278.jpg

anyway ginger had an unexpected litter a week ago (although i onlyrealised yesterday) i have posted the picture of them in my post in therabbitery section of the forum if you would like to see.

I have had various different rabbits in the past, as i ahev alwaysloved them. When i a lot lot younger i had a dutch rabbit called Oscarand an Albino one called flossie, but i don't have a lot of memory ofthem as i was too young. The i had my favourite Bunny ever, he was across, i dont knoe of what breeds, but he was the most gorgeous bunnyin the world, he would lay in my arms for hours like a baby and wasalways lovlely and warm and fluffy. His name was Smokey and he died ofold age about 5 years ago, but i still miss him to this day. WithSmokey live Barney who was a beautiful orange rex. I rehomed him frommy cousin who didnt have the time to look after him. When i first hadhim he was very aggressive and didnt like people or other animals, butslowly i gained his trust and he became very atached to me. I thenintroduced him to smokey and smokey was like a mentor to him, he usedto follow him around everywhere, but sadly barney died at a year andand i half unexpectivly, just went out one morning and hes was gone,but he was never ill before hand so there was no suffering. Nest Bunnyi had was another dutch who was called oddsox, he was also great mareswith smokey and was just a dosile. He was a bluey grey colour all overexcept his right leg was white, perfectly white, but he was whitenowhere else, hence the name oddsox! When smokey died i got a lion headrabbit who i called muffin, but he never got on with oddsox so theylived seperatly. Muffin was the stangest rabbit i have ever known. Ihad him living in a outdoor run with a hutch in it. Various times hemanaged to dig himself out the hutch and escape. So we fitted wire andslaps and what not all round the edge of the run to deture him but hewas still determined to dig. Then one day i went out there and acouldnt see him anywhere but there was no way he could get out. I movedhis hutch a notice a hole near the middle of the run which lead under aslab, so i lifted the slab and there in a large dug out under the slabwas muffin sitting therte with hay and food he had taken down there tomake himself a little house. So from then on muffin lived underground,he only went into his hutch to collect food and hay for him hole. verystrange but he was a very very happy boy, so i just let him be!
Unfortunatly we lost him, and one of my guinea pigs (oddsox had allready passed away from old age by this time) to a fox/cat attack whichwas very upsetting. (before you worry my current bunnies aretotally safe from any preditors, i learnt from my mistake) heres a fewvarious pictures i have on my comp of some of these guys...

P4240054.jpg

Oddsox
P4240063.jpg

Oddsox again
P4240047.jpg

Muffin
barney.jpg

Barney, not a very good pic but the only one i have on my laptop
smokeyandpiggie.jpg

Smokey again not a very good pic but the only one i have on my laptop,looks like someone has been playing with this photo because a picte ofone of my old guinea pigs seems to have been pasted onto it!!
But i can't end this post without mentioning my fabulous guinea pig.His name is elmo and he brother was the guinea pig killed in thefox/cat attack i previously mentioned. I rehomed them and when i firsthad them they had a problem with mites. Elmo's brother, animal didnthave it too bad but Elmo had mites so so bad he lost all his fur andhad huge wounds all over his body, if you touched him it was so painfulfor him he went into a fit, it was so horrible to see, even thinkingaout him now in that state brings tears to my eyes, i mean who couldlet that happen to an animal. Anyway i got him to the vets and he hadto have a course of injections and i had to bath him regulary withspecial shampoo (once he was well enought to handle) and slowly hiswounds started scabbing up and his fur started growing back untill hewas back up to full health. So Elmo is a little surviver, hes had twonear death experiences so he is lucky to be alive. He lives alone now,well not alone he actually live with two budgies in the bottom of anaviary. They are so funny to watch because when i put celery on thefloor for him he will sit and munch it and the budgies will come downand join him, i know its not really rabbit related but if i can get apic of them doing this ill psot it up for all to see. anyway enoughabout elmo hes not a bunny lol. here he is...
christmasandbday04057.jpg

and there you go, thats my long but very informative intro. sorry itsso long i fould once i started chatting about my rabbits a couldn'tstop. i do have other pets but im sure ill mention them another time:D

thanks for a great forum everyone and thanks for reading!!hehe

anna xxxx

hello 2 every1 whos joined recently and:welcome1 to the forum!

marit petter is gorgeous i checked out his site n vanessa we need pics!

anna your bunnies are adorable!!!!!!!!!i eispecially:heartbeat:freckles he's a beuty,
you should start a blog for them seing as you have so much to say-if you do then i can't wait 2 c more pics of them.

babyb:bunnybutt:

Hi Everybody :wave:

I'm new to Rabbit's Only. I amten years old andmydad is tenacrewoods. As you might know from my dads posts we have ourfirst bunny "Mongo". :jumpforjoy:

rumpelteazer

Latest posts

Back