new hay feeder design

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi!
I have just finished building a new mini hay feeder and would love feedback and suggestions if anyone has time!. I attached a link to a photo of my bunny Whiskers waiting for me to fill it up!. I just started an online shop with all of my hand made, solid wood feeders and toys and would really appreciate any feedback or recommendations on my designs!

thanks

Andrea

BunnyRabbitShop.com

il_570xN.481596548_hy2i.jpg

Andrea, I love it! Only I would prefer one a bit longer for the long hay, more rectangular box shape.

hi,
yes they open from the top, I put flush mount hinges on the back of the lid!

glad you like it!

Andrea
BunnyRabbitShop.com

Oh, that one looks perfect! What are the measurements if I may ask?

I love it! I would use one if it was a bit flatter and could hang on wire cages, this would be heavenly for me as a breeder since my rabbit soil all their hay if its just thrown in their cage.

I like it. I would suggest having a few different sizes and maybe a few different hole sizes unless the opening are big enough for any bun. Wouldn't want a big bun to get it's head stuck.

I definitely like the larger one. I think the small one is too small. It doesn't hold a full day's worth of hay (imho).
I'd like to see one even larger -- maybe 3 hole openings.

hi,
thanks for all the advice! The holes are 4 inch diameter! If anyone wants to buy one, I do have some for sale on my website, and I can build any size anyone would like! My website is www.BunnyRabbitShop.com and it has a link to my etsy store. Thanks so much to everyone for all the suggestions!

Andrea
BunnyRabbitShop.com

Have seen this type on a website in the UK and they are fabulous, I would have bought one if they shipped but they don´t. Yours are just lovely, I think they are a really good design and I like the two hole ones.

I have taken everyones suggestions and come up with a longer, slimmer, 3 hole design that will hang on the side of a wire cage, or will stand on its own. Dimensions on this one are 16 inches long, 12 inches high, and 5 inches deep. Let me know if this is what you had in mind!

Thanks so much for all the input!

Andrea
BunnyRabbitShop.com

bunny rabbit hay feeder-3 hole b.jpg

@Andrea:
Hi, a nice coincidence... I was just updating my home made hay box page today and then saw this thread. Your work is very professional. It looks like a lot of work goes into your products, very nice!

The main reason I gave it a shot to try to build a box was the hole height. The saveabunny box seemed to low for my two. Then when they grew my first box was to low. They did not seem comfortable eating. That might be something to keep in mind maybe. I think the size of the rabbit will make a difference. I added your boxes to my page with links, hope this is ok. Can check it out here.

Andrea, I love it! May I ask how it attaches to hang on a wire cage? Would or could it attach relatively easy to an xpen? My bunnies have an xpen. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back