New bunny mom here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymami0906

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wanted to introduce us. About 2 weeks ago we purchased our first bun. Her name is Mona, not sure what breed she is. Then 1 week later, bunny fever hit and we decided to get Ollie, he is a holland lop. They are our family’s first pets. We love them so! Mona is super adventurous and curious, while Ollie is super shy and laid back. Attached you will see a picture of their habitat. They are free roaming, so have access to the entire house. Mona is potty trained but Ollie is not, any suggestions?

Attachments

• 03C5FCE9-E242-43F4-B497-0955D6569BFE.jpeg
    03C5FCE9-E242-43F4-B497-0955D6569BFE.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 27
Hello and welcome to the forum!

How old are your rabbits? Are they kept together?
Thank you! We are not sure how old Mona is or if she is even a girl. Weird, I know. We assume she is a girl because her and Ollie get along so well. They bonded on their first day. Shameful disclosure: we purchased Mona at a pet store. This was before knowing all of the awful things about bunny conditions in pet stores. When we got Ollie we purchased him from a breeder so we are sure he is a buck. He is currently 10 weeks old.

This is a close up of the two of them

Attachments

• A8E1FDCF-D29F-485F-AE28-65B5918C8CEE.jpeg
    A8E1FDCF-D29F-485F-AE28-65B5918C8CEE.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 34
Oh my golly! They are just too cute!!

Young rabbits typically get along... until hormones kick in.

If the first one is a female, you will probably need to separate them in the next week or two to prevent any pregnancy. :(

They look adorable!! Good luck bunnies can sure be a handful but definitely worth it. This video may help you because i know most new bunny owners make at least one of two of these mistakes, i know i did!

Thank you! We are not sure how old Mona is or if she is even a girl. Weird, I know. We assume she is a girl because her and Ollie get along so well. They bonded on their first day. Shameful disclosure: we purchased Mona at a pet store. This was before knowing all of the awful things about bunny conditions in pet stores. When we got Ollie we purchased him from a breeder so we are sure he is a buck. He is currently 10 weeks old.
Hi, just read your other thread and see now you even weren't sure if she's a female, but that was in August so are you sure now?

Hi, just read your other thread and see now you even weren't sure if she's a female, but that was in August so are you sure now?
Hi, yes since then we have taken them both to the vet and found out that Mona was indeed a doe. This is also where we found out that she can’t be spayed until she reached at least 6 months of age and an appropriate weight. They have both since the fights been separated for their own safety. It is my hope that they can bond again. It just sucks that they’ll have to be separated.

Latest posts

Back