New borns blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
[align=center]:purplepansy::hearts:Welcome to the world little ones!:hearts::purplepansy:
[/align]
On the morning of Friday 9th of June, Dodge gave birth to 7 babyrabbits. This blog will be about them growing from birth till about 8weeks old. You can find pictures of Dodge in one of my other blogs. Sheis a sweet and loving rabbit and has had two litters in her lifetimeincluding this one. It will also be her last and she is booked in forde-sexing in 14 weeks. She is three years old.

[line]
The babies are about 7 hours old now. There are seven little wrigglers,all warm and well. One is smaller than the rest and is a runt, butperfectly formed and seems to be well fed. In her first litter she hadfour babies so I hope she copes well with this lot.

I took two from the nest to take pictures of, I didn't want to disturbthem anymore than that and will most likely take more pictures in about5 days time. One of these is a broken sooty fawn by the looks ofthings, and the other is probably a solid sooty fawn. The rest all looklike brokens. In about 2 weeks they will be just about the cutest thingyou ever laid eyes on, but for now they looks sort of alien :scared:

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04767.jpg

DSC04769.jpg

DSC04768.jpg

Being fairly new to bunnies myself, I've veryexcited to watch the growth of your babies!! Thanks for sharing thistime with us who have never experienced this our selves.

That was pretty much the idea I had in mind :),I would have loved to have seen more baby and growing pictures on thenet before I ever had experience with rabbits giving birth etc. Itdoesn't take long for the babies to be born either, it took Dodge allof 20 minutes to give birth, clean them up and give them a small feed.Quite neat the way animals do things.

awww they are just the sweetest and it bringsback memories when two of my bunnies accidently had babies,and justwatching them grow up is the best,i treasured the experience as i knowi will never hold a little baby bunny again,i kept the 5 babies as ididn't have the heart to part with them ,i would be no good as abreeder lol i think you would have to be a strong person,something imnot lol

I cannot wait to see your little babies when they grow fur and open their eyes:)

cheryl

Cool, thank you for all the responces :bunnydance:

Babies are all doing well this morning. It now looks like three solids and four brokens in colour. Sheehs, they change overnight almost. They have already started growing a decent amount of fur so will be nice and warm. They will all be same colours as the mum just like her first bunch. I keep wanting to go and cuddle them, but mummy rabbit not too impressed with that idea! She thinks it's much better to give her the patting and attention. I can't wait till they are a bit bigger so I can actually get some pics of all of them at once.

Must resist.. to breed.. Oh man. I can't wait to see more pictures! I'd love to raise a litter of babies... but not any time soon. They are so adorable!:D

I'm in love with these little guys!:hearts:

The little ones spent the day inside with me and Dodge, the weather has been really bad today. It is so windy that my town lost power for quite a few hours. It is chaos out on the roads as no traffic lights are working.

You can really see them getting their fur in now at four days old. They were curled up in my dressing gown which is now covered in Dodge's white fur and they also decided to piddle on it one at a time! The first two pictures are the biggest with the smallest. I have been giving the runty one an extra feed on Dodge during the day as I don't think he is big enough to really push his way through at feeding time. He thanked me by peeing all down my shirt.

mini-DSC04783.jpg

mini-DSC04782.jpg

mini-DSC04781.jpg

mini-DSC04786.jpg

mini-DSC04787.jpg

mini-DSC04790.jpg

Oh yes, the water works are very reliable! I remember my first litter doing this also when I picked them up. They poo and pee quite well without the mum having to lick their rear ends.

That's exciting about your litter bunni, what kind of rabbits are they? 5 is a good sized lot. 7 is a bit many and I have to keep an eye on the runt to make sure it's getting fed well.

I am really worried about the little runt, he doesn't seem to be growing :(. The others are way bigger than him now. He is so little and skinny. I have been holding Dodge upside down every day and giving the runt a feed from her just in case he was getting oushed around at meal times but it doesn't seem to make any difference. His fur is no growing in as fast as the others either. I feel really sorry for him and not sure what to do. I will ask in the rabbitry section as well.

Back