New borns blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I showed these pics to my 15 year old brother yesterday and he kept saying how much he wanted an " 'ittle baby bunny" :D

Hehe! My oldest brother is a closet bunny lover.. He'll sit and talk lovey to Pebbles but as soon as someone walks by he gets up and leaves quickly.. :D.

Hehe! Post pictures ASAP please ;)

A lot of my silly relatives who know they hate adult rabbit have been asking to have one at the age they are now! :mad:

My mother especially keeps doing this even though she can't stand adult rabbits and is scared of them as well. Same with my fried James who is also scared of them (whats up with people that are frightened of rabbits anyway?). I've stopped letting them look at the babies now as they are both being very silly.

Brr, it's 3 degrees celcius here at the mo! Will go out to take pics when it's a bit warmer I think.

no- one should b scared of rabbits unless they are near my Daisy! she is quite scary at times! lol

its meant to be 29C here later this week! i dont know why you are complaining its to cold! lol

Ahh good old England.

I was actually pretty amazed that the bubs coped with the cold so well considering that they were born outdoors in the middle of winter. I was really worried about them for that first week or so.

Hahaha! I'm not sure why James is frightened, but when I was 15 I had a rather moody doe who attacked mum's hand when she went into feed her, and from then on all my rabbits were "evil killers" :shock:. Sometimes she asked me when the family is going to be invited around for rabbit stew, but I know she is only teasing.

My moms always commenting about how she'd like to put Pebbles in ther oven when she chews at the walls, but again I know she's kidding :D. I always tease back and say I'll put your beloved flowers in a soup.

Sorry to bring a down note to the blog but I am taking one of the bunnies to the vets in about 30 minutes. It's eyes are all gunky ad crusted over and it doesn't look very happy :(. I will let you know how it goes. I read that they can go blind from having eye troubles at this young age so i am really worried.

Hi, I'm back now. Little boy bunny was not impressed with that!

The vet isn't sure what is wrong with his eye, but put dye in it and shone that purple light in there and the bottom half of his eyeball looked like it had been hurt at one point. Perhaps by himself or something getting stuck in there, she isn't sure. I've been given some cream to put on his eye three times a day and she told me to seperate him from the rest of the litter but he's too young at three weeks old by far! Hopefully this helps. I may have to keep him inside and then put him on Dodges tummy for a feed once a day, but he might get too cold by himself inside (no heating in the house). Hmmm.

A girl down the road from me had a baby bunny that it's mother scratched it's eye. I think she got some ointment from hte vet, and the eye healed quitewell.

Maybe try heating a towel every few hours or have some socks filled with the microwaved rice? I'm guessing the vet thinks another litermate might do some harm? Is there a reason why she suggested to seperate him?

Good luck with the little guy!

I think she wanted him to be kept seperate just in case whatever was wrong with his eye would be passed on to the others. It's been about 6 hours since we got back and his eye hasn't junked up again like it normally would by this time so that's a good sign. He kept scratching his own eye all the time before I took him to see the vet and I think that might have been adding to the problem. Something irritated it, so he scratched it, that made it feel worse so he scratched it some more...sounds to me what may have happened.

Aren't non-rabbit lovers WEIRD!!!

If you ever dare to suggest chucking their cat/dog/horse on the BBQ they'd look at you so horrified, yet they don't mind offering to eat our bunnies. "It's only a rabbit" is something I hear so often that it drives me nuts. Like taking the baby bun to the vet yesterday, when I asked for a lift down there from my gran she's asking me "why bother? It's just a rabbit!".

I was kind of surprised as the vet reccomended that I didn't de-sex my doe as the operation is too complecated, even though I have her booked in at another clinic already anyway. She was all gaa-gaa over the babies though. I took three down so the sore eyed one didn't get lonely on the way.

He iis looking a bit better today but not very friendly now after all that poking and prodding;

I know! I don't know rabbits got t he rep of being 'boring' 'dumb' 'simple' farm animals. It's the TOTAL opposite. I laugh at people who call my rabbits 'just rabbits'. Yes, they are rabbits, but there are other things about them too!

So, when we are we gonna ge t pictures?:D

Latest posts

Back