New bigger cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
Last night I got a large crate for my bunny off a site called Hoosier Topics here in Indiana for less the $50 delievered to me and so far Ziggy is loving the new home. I have his old cage on top of the new one till I find something to do with it and just looking at the 2 in comparision really shows just how small his cage was. He's still mostly free roam but now I don't feel bad about having to cage him off and on for different reasons and actually have the room to add a second level to his home giving even more space. Best part of it all is his litter habbits haven't changed at all, which I was sorta worried about since he's only been litter box trained for 2 months.

Also the last 2 days or so he is coming and laying next to me nudging me till I pet him lol. I ignored him once while trying ot find something and he peed right behind me to the side just enough so I couldn't see him do it or know till I moved where I was.

Will post pics tonight of the new cage once I can find my camera cord or find my phone

And tonight have the boyfriend picking up one of those self water's for cats because he wont use a bottle and I refuse to fight with what we have now lol. To change is water/food/hay/litterbox I have to climb inside and reach in and the water dish is held to the cage with a clamp. The old cage had a side door this one only has an end door and of course I set this one up just like his old cage which is opposite side of the door. I figured the self waterer I wont have to climb in and have to undo the clamp while trying ot stop the bunny from using me as a shelf....with the waterer thing I can reach in and out quicker lol. I can fit both of my kids into this crate with room to spare (they climbed in themselves lmao)

Nice roomy cage, Be careful he doesn't try to stick his head through the bars though. When I use a large dog crate like that I use the NIC cubes around the outside to make the openings smaller (tie wrapped in place)

Ziggy is adorable :inlove:

So far he hasn't tried. Then again he's mostly a laid back bunny and doesn't mind his cage now that its bigger and a shelf and ramp were added last week. He knows that's his place and I only mess with it to add yummy stuff lol. Well that and clean the litter box.

Latest posts

Back