New bigger cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
Last night I got a large crate for my bunny off a site called Hoosier Topics here in Indiana for less the $50 delievered to me and so far Ziggy is loving the new home. I have his old cage on top of the new one till I find something to do with it and just looking at the 2 in comparision really shows just how small his cage was. He's still mostly free roam but now I don't feel bad about having to cage him off and on for different reasons and actually have the room to add a second level to his home giving even more space. Best part of it all is his litter habbits haven't changed at all, which I was sorta worried about since he's only been litter box trained for 2 months.

Also the last 2 days or so he is coming and laying next to me nudging me till I pet him lol. I ignored him once while trying ot find something and he peed right behind me to the side just enough so I couldn't see him do it or know till I moved where I was.

Will post pics tonight of the new cage once I can find my camera cord or find my phone

And tonight have the boyfriend picking up one of those self water's for cats because he wont use a bottle and I refuse to fight with what we have now lol. To change is water/food/hay/litterbox I have to climb inside and reach in and the water dish is held to the cage with a clamp. The old cage had a side door this one only has an end door and of course I set this one up just like his old cage which is opposite side of the door. I figured the self waterer I wont have to climb in and have to undo the clamp while trying ot stop the bunny from using me as a shelf....with the waterer thing I can reach in and out quicker lol. I can fit both of my kids into this crate with room to spare (they climbed in themselves lmao)

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Nice roomy cage, Be careful he doesn't try to stick his head through the bars though. When I use a large dog crate like that I use the NIC cubes around the outside to make the openings smaller (tie wrapped in place)

Ziggy is adorable :inlove:

So far he hasn't tried. Then again he's mostly a laid back bunny and doesn't mind his cage now that its bigger and a shelf and ramp were added last week. He knows that's his place and I only mess with it to add yummy stuff lol. Well that and clean the litter box.

Back