Neutered Rabbit still sprays 😱

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

Binkylife

Reaction score
I adopted an older rabbit that still sprays. Is there anything I can do about this? It feels like territory war with my very dominant female mini Rex. Help!

Some background:

I adopted a male mini Rex rabbit who is 2.5 years old. His name is Pip, I joked that he was probably named that because he pees everywhere. There are times I wish I wasn’t right. 😓 Pip was neutered late in life, October 2019. I had seen him waiting (online) to be adopted for over 8 months. People kept sending him back or loosing him. I one day saw him in a pet shop February 2020 waiting for someone to adopt him. My heart ached and I caved in and brought him home.

I’m working on bonding him with my other rabbit. I feel it’s a promising match, but the spraying is a bit much. Does this eventually stop? I’ve had plenty of male rabbits before, but they stopped spraying after they were fixed.

Attachments

• B47DEF96-655E-44F6-BDE3-27DD6E50C57E.jpeg
    B47DEF96-655E-44F6-BDE3-27DD6E50C57E.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 7

SableSteel

Reaction score
Probably not imo. Neutering doesn't 'fix' everything, and in this case it sounds like he's already got a habit.
Also, wow, what a gorgeous rabbit. Perfect head & ear shape. It looks like he's from show lines.

Binkylife

Reaction score
Probably not imo. Neutering doesn't 'fix' everything, and in this case it sounds like he's already got a habit.
Also, wow, what a gorgeous rabbit. Perfect head & ear shape. It looks like he's from show lines.
I thought that would be the answer. 😞

I’m pretty sure he was show quality. He has a tattoo in his ear that says ‘BOP—-‘ and some numbers blurred out (maybe a 4H rabbit). It became apparent that he was caged most of his life. He was a lot fatter and didn’t care to explore anywhere but his food bowl and the cat bed I gave him. It’s taken over a month to get him comfortable roaming the full length of the room.

When I got him, he was round like a meatball. He was just a ball with legs. I’ve had him on a diet for the past two weeks. He’s thinned out a little. I’m not sure how much he should weigh but he’s at 4.8 lbs and still seems too big.

anyway, thank you for the response.

Latest posts