Nervous and Excited...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe I was thinking the same.

missyscove wrote:
Weetwoo_89 wrote:
5.Set up a cage and leave it there. Perhaps thiswill entice them to let me put something furry inside it. If nothingelse, I can practice different cage styles and see what I will likebest when I move out.
Put a stuffed bunny inside. Name it, groom it, takeit out for outside of cage time, play with it, refill it's waterbottle, discuss taking it to the vet for a speuter. Yourparents will worry about your mental health and get you a realbunny. ;)

He he the thing is they worry about me anyways. They would lock me away somewhere. But I do have a ton of bunny stuffies. You think I should use a big one or al ittle one? (Because I am seriously weird enough to do it.) I think it is a great idea. ^.^

JadeIcing wrote:
Hehe I was thinking the same.

missyscove wrote:
Weetwoo_89 wrote:
5.Set up a cage and leave it there. Perhaps thiswill entice them to let me put something furry inside it. If nothingelse, I can practice different cage styles and see what I will likebest when I move out.
Put a stuffed bunny inside. Name it, groom it, takeit out for outside of cage time, play with it, refill it's waterbottle, discuss taking it to the vet for a speuter. Yourparents will worry about your mental health and get you a realbunny. ;)

that depends on what kind of bunny you're looking for.

I used a little stuffed bulldog. It had dutch markings. I even put the bunny harness on it. :D

I am looking for a smaller breed, but most of my small stuffies are more like teddy bears and less like buns,while I have some really big ones that do look and lay like bunnies do.Actually I think I may have a few really really small ones in my closet... *drives into closet* I will post some pictures if anyone wants to see my bunny obsession. Or if you think that is weird, I understand. I think bunnies are a part of me. I had a few problems when I was born and one of my aunts gave me a bunny stuffie. Still to this day, I never sleep anywhere without it. (I know, dorkie, but I wouldn't hide my Bunni Two Shoes from anyone. ^.^)
Let me know.

<3, RaE

I love pictures!

Kinda off topic... why do people call stuffed animals stuffies? I'd never heard that term before this forum. Is it a regional thing?

Here we are. This is not all of them, but these are the ones I had close so here we go...

S5030286.jpg

I hope this photo isn't retarded and uberbig...But it probably is...

Yay for bunnies. I think I have that same huge one on the right... on my bed. Her name is Bonnie(I was like 8, whaddya expect?)

The very big pink one on the right is from my boyfriend. He was trying to satisfy my bunny urge. It didn't work though. He really wants me to get a bunny (he won't admit it, but I think he is really excited about it. He has seen my cage ideas and wants to make some of his own. So sweet.) I have to hurry and get ready for school now.

<3, RaE

:tantrum::banghead:banghead:banghead RANT FOLLOWS...

How did you get your parents to say yes?!?! I am so angry/sad/upset/depressed. I went to the pet store and saw the sweetest smallest bunnies I have ever seen in person. They were mini rex, I knew before I even asked the woman. Me and my mom got into what I have started to call "Bunny Wars" again. Every time she said something about rabbits, I corrected her about it. This turned into a conversation about me wanting a bunny. She used excuses I still don't understand.But it all really boils down to, as much as she swears up and down that she trusts me, it goes just as far as all her other words go. In case you were wondering, that isn't far. I know that I haven't done my share of cleaning(Cleaning is all she cares about...She is a neat freak. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just I am not one. I take after my father in that regard) in the past, but all I can do is try to makeup for it now. (I was pretty rebellious in my earlier teens) It is just so darn depressing. I am fighting to keep the tears at bay, because I know they won't do anything but show her that I am being childish and irresponsible. I am at my wits end. I really am...I know that there maybe no way to convince her I am ready. But it is so hard to hear her bring me down about everything about it, because I am not ready. But I am supposed to be ready for a job, for a license, for high grades, and for college and lots of commitments. I thought an animal of any kind that depends on you is a commitment... If I was under any more pressure I think my ear drums would burst. She said at one point that I am putting my wants in front of reality. I don't know why she says this,other then she doesn't believe that I have done my research and am ready for the responsibility.

So even though she keeps bursting my bubble and refusing to listen to me, I am still taking everything out of my room tomorrow,dusting and vacuuming and rearranging my furniture. Soon after I get a job, I am building a cage. I will keep doing this and if nothing else,doing all the work in my room will make it easier to pack up and leave when I can. I love my family, I truly do (though it may not seem so from all my ranting) but I am ready to be on my own. I know I can do it. I have my doubts some days, but don't we all? Mostly I am excited.

Much love to any and all of you who have continued to put up with me,
RaE

Im sorry you and your mom are not seeing eye to eye on this. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. I must admit, I was pretty spoiled growing up and I would probably have thrown a fit. ;)

I think youre going about this the right way though, get a job, keep your room clean and show her that you can be trusted with this responsibility. I think building a cage (with her permission) and showing her how much you have learned and how ready you are would really help.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Okay, my room is spotless and I have the room rearranged. Once I get a job, I am going to be buying some NIC panels. I have told my family that once I get a job I am building a cage, putting back the money, and buying a rabbit. They didn't look happy but nobody told me no. That doesn't mean they are okay with it.The fight is not over. Once I am able to build the cage, that is when I will be able to say that I won.

On a different note, trying to get at first job sucks.Nobody wants you because you don't have a license (at least in my case)or work experience.Not one person has gotten back to me...>.<'...Blah.

Fighting on,
RaE

VICTORY!!!!!!! :elephant::bunnydance::colors::colors::colors:

They parents have withdrawal from the war. I can have a bunny on the grounds that I take total care of it (seems funny but I was sure that I was saying that from the beginning). Now the only thing holding me back is the lack of a job. I hadn't expected the war over so soon. I am so happy and excited. I get to start working and building the cage now. Then there will be buying bunny things and putting back money.Then...Oh where am I going to get a bunny!!! *so excited that while running around in circles she runs into a wall*

<3 you all! RaE

Back