Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost done processing the pictures from Ireland - about 250 yet to go. With any luck, I'll have them done in a few days, and I can post some here and to my Ireland website. In the meantime, I took a few hours today to go flying and get my required biennial flight review from an instructor friend. Why is it I can never make a good landing when I'm being watched?

Anyway, it's a three-day weekend, so I've got two more days left! Time to take some pictures of the bunny...

7648_022226_350000003.jpg

Natasha's explosive molt is almost over. She's stopped looking like a poodle, and the new fur's grown in nice and soft. There's just a little bit of tufting around her hind end, which she absolutely hates having me pluck out. Still, she's a forgiving soul, so after running away she always comes back to kiss Dad.

I refilled her hay basket tonight, and Natasha was enjoying the selection of fresh hay (and the basket, which she's managed to nibble down to a more convenient height).

7648_022226_350000002.jpg

7648_022226_350000001.jpg

Hay's OK, but shredded credit card offers are yummy, too...

7648_022226_350000000.jpg

Bunny close-up...

7648_022226_350000004.jpg

That's all for now...

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
What kind of airplane do you fly?
It's a 1975 Cessna 172M.

7648_031610_400000000.jpg

The Cessna was a trainer here in Ithaca for most of its life, and still has the original paint job, so almost every time I take her somewhere, someone comes out and says "I learned to fly on that plane!"

irishbunny wrote:
You should post those pictures when you get a chance.
I'm planning on getting them up soon - I'm done processing and editing, it's just a matter of updating the web pages. Hopefully I'll get them done Sunday.

Just as a teaser, you said you liked Achill Island...
Achill-Slievemore-DesertedVillage_1237.jpg

My work editing the pictures from Ireland is done, and I've updated my Ireland website to include the best of the pictures from the latest trip. I'll get some of them posted to a thread in the Camera Corner in the next few days.

You can find the website at http://www.bpmlegal.com/ireland/

Natasha is so gorgeous! I think black rexes are especially beautiful. The black fur looks so luxurious to pet!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
The black fur looks so luxurious to pet!
It is. Scone had Rex fur, too, but I think Natasha's is even softer than his was. She's finished her summer shedding, and her new summer fur coat is incredibly soft and smooth. I hope that she'll be a bit less grumpy now, since I won't have to be plucking the loose fur out all the time.

Natasha's developed a fixation on grooming my hands, especially trying to groom off the calluses. She'll lick the back of my hand, then force her head underneath to turn the hand over so she can get at the palm. Then she'll lick and nibble at the calluses - I've been trying to get the point across that she has to be careful, and her nibbling has become much more gentle. Still, she's determined to get things right.

Last night she jumped up on the bed and groomed the hair on my arm for a while. Then she pushed her nose under my hand. Thinking she meant that it was her turn, now, I tried to pet her (Scone always did that when he wanted me to pet him). She kept spinning around and forcing her nose into my hand. Finally, she stopped, GLARED at me and THUMPED really loudly. She was FRUSTRATED, and wanted me to know it! I stopped trying to pet her, she flipped my hand over with her nose, and started in on the calluses again.

A bunny who knows her own mind, even if I don't...

Ha, that's so funny! Can't believe it when people say rabbits don't have personalities. She reminds me of a cockatiel I used to have. He was very intent on keeping everyone clean and would peck at freckles. He was really good at finding facial hair too. My brother would shave, then Little Bird would pluck out a hair so he'd go shave again... he'd find another hair... Phoenix likes to groom my husband's hair and beard but thankfully doesn't pluck.

slavetoabunny wrote:
It sounds like Natasha has a future as a manicurist.
Or maybe she was one in a past life? She's so determined to have everything in its place, I've often thought she was channeling an interior decorator...

It's been really hot here the past few days, as much as 90°F here in Harford and ten degrees or more warmer in Ithaca. Today I introduced Natasha to the joys of the Frozen Water Bottle. After delicately peeling the label off, she happily settled in, cool and relaxed:

7648_231600_170000000.jpg

A few pictures of Natasha for a beautiful clear July weekend.

Full meatloaf mode, for a nap in Dad's bedroom...
7648_302018_500000000.jpg

An alert bunny:
7648_302018_500000001.jpg

Resting in the living room...
7648_302018_510000002.jpg

Ah, she's so beautiful :) I want to use her as a pillow! She'd wonder what this crazy woman is doing rubbing her face all over her.

It's been a busy summer for me, so maybe Natasha's feeling a bit neglected. I'm not sure if that's it, but she certainly has gotten into a destructive mood. She's always been a world-class chewer, and no paper is safe near her, so I can't really complain that she ingested the instructions for my camera.

7648_271645_300000000.jpg

I didn't really need the Quick Start guide anyway.

The furniture's another matter. I expected her to continue Scone's attack on the pine nightstand in my bedroom, and she's almost all the way through the stringers. On the other hand, Scone generally left the oak and maple furniture alone. Not Natasha. And now she's started on upholstery. She's chewed holes in the back corners of the sofa cushions, and yesterday she started in on the leather ottoman. I'd clap or say "Natasha!" and she'd jump off - and then, as soon as my attention was elsewhere, she'd be back up. Last night I finally had to put her in her cage when I heard her going at the ottoman while I was in bed. When I let her out this morning... straight to the ottoman.

This is a rabbit who knows her own mind, anyway. She's so lucky I love her...

Latest posts

Back