Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natasha and I have been enjoying a Labor Day weekend together.

"Good morning, Dad!"
7648_042006_400000001.jpg

Starting the day with a wash and brush-up...
7648_042006_400000002.jpg

Natasha's got a new veggie - Broccoli Rabe or Rappi... kind of blend of her favorites, broccoli and kale.
7648_042006_400000004.jpg

Yumm!

7648_042006_400000003.jpg

Relaxation, thy name is Bunny...

7648_042007_590000000.jpg

Yesterday I went into the living room to discover that Natasha had put a DVD in her hay basket. She had to have picked the thing up from one of the shelves and moved it all the way across the room. I have no idea what she was thinking - did she want to watch it? Or was she planning to chew on the plastic case, and figured if she put it in her hay basket first I'd let her eat it?

Silly bunny.

:roflmao: Maybe Natasha was selecting some mood music for munching hay. What was her choice of music? You should play it to see if there is a reaction from her. I do want pics if she starts doing a jig of some sort. :p

Actually, it was a 3D video about a haunted castle or something like that, left over from an old 3D system I had which doesn't work on modern LCD TV's. If she wants to watch it, I'll put it on, but she'd look really funny in the glasses...

MikeScone wrote:
Actually, it was a 3D video about a haunted castle or something like that, left over from an old 3D system I had which doesn't work on modern LCD TV's. If she wants to watch it, I'll put it on, but she'd look really funny in the glasses...
I bet you could make up a pic for our intellectual edification and enjoyment... :biggrin2:

MikeScone wrote:
myheart wrote:
I bet you could make up a pic for our intellectual edification and enjoyment... :biggrin2:
Who, me?

7648_092131_070000000.jpg
Awe... Natasha isn't funny-looking at all!!So cute!! I think she should be allowed to watch anything she wants in 3-D. I wonder ifNatasha would be afraid of "Night of the Lepus" if it were in 3-D... :ponder:

Natasha's in another Big Molt, blowing out her summer coat for the winter - and boy, is she grumpy about it. I picked Natasha up this evening to trim her nails and raised clouds of fur as I petted her. She really hates it when I pluck her fur, but tolerated it a bit while I pulled out enough fur to build a second bunny. Her nails are really much too long, but I was only able to get one paw before she decided she'd had enough.

She still wants to be wherever I am, but seems conflicted about whether or not she wants my attention. She keeps coming up to me for comforting, and then running away as soon as I start to pet her. Last night she decided 1AM was the perfect time to jump into bed and groom Dad, and I didn't have the heart to tell her "no".

Poor bunny.

I think it must be very frustrating for bunnies when they go through a big molt. Mine get very cranky when they shed to the point where any time anything or anyone touches them, tons of fur just falls off. I can't imagine it is pleasant for them!

What a good bunny slave of you to oblige to some wee-hour petting :)

I love your blog! I just read the whole thing.

I've totally fallen in love :inlove:

If Natasha ever ends up bunnyknaped, she didn't go to PA. Remember that ;)

The two of you have such a great bond. I wish more people would understand the experience and how wonderful rabbits are as house pets (even if they can be a little naughty). My theory is that the cuter the pet the naughtier they are. They know they can get away with it because they are really cute.

MiniLopHop,

You might be on to something with the cuter they are the naughtier they are!

However I can't see Miss Natasha being naughty :)
P1040067.jpg

Tessa wrote:
However I can't see Miss Natasha being naughty :)
Really? Anyone want to bet how long it's going to take Natasha before she makes my nightstand disappear entirely?

7648_291925_130000000.jpg

(and no, that's not PhotoShop, that's bunny...)

Note the innocent, "Gee, Dad, what do you think has been going on here?" pose.

I think it's a conspiracy against corners... My kids don't like the corners on the base boards of every room. I think they are on a mission to make all of the corners rounded so as not to be so offensive to them as they go about their daily chores of house inspection.

Just a thought... :p

I've just returned from a bit of an adventure - I flew my Cessna from here in central NY out to western Colorado, which is by far the longest flight I've ever done. In fact, by the end of the first day I'd flown three times farther than I'd done before. Once I got out there I spent a week with friends driving and hiking around. When I get done editing the 1,200 or so pictures I took, I'll post some to the Camera Corner.

On Saturday I went to the Western Slope Animal Expo at the Mesa County Fairgrounds at Grand Junction. The Northwest Satellite of the Colorado HRS had some bunnies there, and I enjoyed the opportunity to take some pictures of them while I talked with Sandy McFall, the manager.

This was a BIG bunny! I'd bet there's some Flemish in her background. Look at those ears.

7648_101840_230000003.jpg

This castor Rex was really beautiful. If I didn't have Natasha, I'd have been really tempted to figure out how to get her home...

7648_101840_230000002.jpg

This is Patrick. I love that coloration - grey harlequin, maybe?

7648_101840_230000001.jpg

A happily bonded pair.

7648_101840_230000000.jpg

Kayla, the lionhead, was a bit skittish but very pretty.

7648_101838_480000000.jpg

Natasha seemed quite content with the care she'd received from her bunny-sitter. She was happy to accept the basket of toys I'd bought from the HRS at the Expo, and let me pet her for a while in apology.

Good for you, Mike, getting out on that last adventure for the year! You must have been exhauted going so far, but I'm sure it was worth it.

Love all of the bunny pics... :biggrin2: If you were transporting bunnies, I think I would have changed your flight plans to Wisconsin for a 'special delivery.' I hear thatBIG bunnies like Wisconsin weather... :p

Latest posts

Back