My Rabbits,, What you think of them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mistyjr wrote:

So, are you saying that none of these rabbits are good?? Im just wondering.. Im not mad or anything.. But I got 3 rabbits that are showable at least I know of.

It really doesn't matter what I think. Are you happy with the rabbits you have and are they meeting your goals? If so, then you really don't need anyone's opinion ;)

pamnock wrote:
mistyjr wrote:

So, are you saying that none of these rabbits are good?? Im just wondering.. Im not mad or anything.. But I got 3 rabbits that are showable at least I know of.

It really doesn't matter what I think. Are you happy with the rabbits you have and are they meeting your goals? If so, then you really don't need anyone's opinion ;)
But it does matter what people think, And I like that. That is why I can on here for help on my rabbits. But people doesnt like none of them, Even the show bunnies that I have, I just dont know what I should do. I dont have people to help me, or tell me what i should have done. All I have is my aunt telling me what breeds i have to have, blah, blah.. But yes it does count, And I like peoples opinions but then I can break down the rabbits, that I should keep.

FINCH is adorable :) OMG!!!!

Sue is GORGEOUS! Love her bright and healthy fur :) 2nd place AWESOME! WTG!

Elmo and Spiderman are Beautiful colour as well. I love the different colour rabbits.

I am a HUGE sucker for Lionheads! Ariel looks like my Happy. :) Alex The Lion OMG!!!! the Harlequin is ADORABLE!!! ME WANT ME WANT :D

I just talked to the Breeder that I got Sue " Standard Rex" from, And he told me its alright to get rid of her.. Shes very aggressive, She will not breed and attacks the bucks if they try anything, And the Buck backs down.

But he also thinks that the LionHeads wont go threw and told me to get rid of all LionHeads and dont get with them... :banghead

lionheadbunny21 wrote:
FINCH is adorable :) OMG!!!!

Sue is GORGEOUS! Love her bright and healthy fur :) 2nd place AWESOME! WTG!

Elmo and Spiderman are Beautiful colour as well. I love the different colour rabbits.

I am a HUGE sucker for Lionheads! Ariel looks like my Happy. :) Alex The Lion OMG!!!! the Harlequin is ADORABLE!!! ME WANT ME WANT :D
Aww, Thank You so much, I love the lionheads too.

But I just got lied to about Sue the Rex. My aunt sold me her because she told me that Sue was very expensive $80.00 rabbit and she would be a GREAT show rabbit. well the breeder just told me that Chandra told him I just want a pet rabbit and thats what he gave her. :X:X:X:X

mistyjr wrote:

But it does matter what people think, And I like that. That is why I can on here for help on my rabbits. But people doesnt like none of them, Even the show bunnies that I have, I just dont know what I should do. I dont have people to help me, or tell me what i should have done. All I have is my aunt telling me what breeds i have to have, blah, blah.. But yes it does count, And I like peoples opinions but then I can break down the rabbits, that I should keep.
Then it would be a good idea to consult a judge at a show and get an opinion. It's difficult to evaluate a rabbit over the internet, but if you post photos of each of the rabbits on their own threads with front, rear, top, and side shots, we can try to help you recognize some of their strenghts and weaknesses.

mistyjr wrote:
But I just got lied to about Sue the Rex. My aunt sold me her because she told me that Sue was very expensive $80.00 rabbit and she would be a GREAT show rabbit. well the breeder just told me that Chandra told him I just want a pet rabbit and thats what he gave her. :X:X:X:X
You'll need to gain experience in evaluating rabbits on your own - just takes a little practice.

Looks like I will be selling the Dutch Doe, Rex, LionHeads, Mini Rex's. Except Spider-Man, Lance will be lonely men! And Alex will be staying for now! Until I get with my second breed. So, It looks like Finch and the wooly's will be the one!

I have a question though?? Do people sell rabbits that are pregnant?? I mean I know people do..

pamnock wrote:
mistyjr wrote:

Then it would be a good idea to consult a judge at a show and get an opinion. It's difficult to evaluate a rabbit over the internet, but if you post photos of each of the rabbits on their own threads with front, rear, top, and side shots, we can try to help you recognize some of their strenghts and weaknesses.
okay.. Thats what I wanted in the first place. Thanks

Good for you for taking your rabbitry into your own hands and not letting your aunt pressure you anymore. I hope that you find homes for all that you are selling and are able to recover some of your costs so that you can start buying the right buns for you. Do you know of any reputable breeders in or around your area you could go to for advice? I found a breeder an hour away from me that is very knowledgeable and helpful and she has been mentoring me. She even transported a rabbit I bought from the stated into canada for me. Good luck!

Breeders oftentimes sell rabbits that are bred - but they're usually deliberately bred for the person they're selling to. For instance - the year I want to lionhead nationals - I brought home three does that the breeders had bred for me 10 days earlier.

The does did fine - one miscarried but the others were fine.

I wouldn't sell a pregnant rabbit after 14 days though as I personally feel it is too stressful for them after that point to adjust to a new home. Then again - I tend to baby my does too much as I understand what it can be like to be territorial.

I really need to point out something to all of those who are saying lionheads won't go through.

No wait - I'm going to do it in a lionhead history thread that I'll put together right now...that might help folks who want to learn more about lionheads.

TinysMom wrote:
I really need to point out something to all of those who are saying lionheads won't go through.

No wait - I'm going to do it in a lionhead history thread that I'll put together right now...that might help folks who want to learn more about lionheads.
I can't wait for that!

Yeah! I believe that they will someday.. So many people own them! But who knows when, I love the breed the best!

I think Hachi looks nice, but I can't really feel him. I don't know much about lionheads. The other mini rex are not posed well. But I do know about woolies, and from the pic, that is a pet quality wooly. The coat is very short, the head is not properly shaped and she doesn't have a good wool cap. BUT I can't feel her, so she may have a good body and be a good brood doe. I am not trying to be mean, but you seem like you really want to get into showing a breed and have a strong start, and so, that wooly isn't it. Are you going to go to the ARBA Convention in Minneapolis? If you are not showing you should still go just to get a good idea of what good show quality Woolies are if you decide to get into them. I also think it is a good idea as someone else suggested to focus on only one or two breeds to start. I started with the woolies, and they still get the most attention at the moment. I am still working on the Chins but not as aggressively. I hope this is helpful.

The tort lionhead and Alex are adorable!!

Back