My Magical Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow GREAT blog!!! I love all the stories of how you came to get all your fuzzy kids and they are ALL so beautiful. What i don't get is how you seem to come upon all these bunnies. It must be "MEANT TO BE" that you are the bunny rescuer lol I am amazed at how many you find. I have NEVER come across a domestic bunny running loose so its just amazing to me that you seem to find so many. I think you have found your purpose! Youre AWESOME!!:highfive:

Brandy what about my moves??huh hehe..i cracked up when i watched it and saw how huge my head was compared to my boyfriends ..too funny.
Vircia ...and you KNOW this baby!

thank you Julie !!..and to be honest with you i have NEVER saw a random bunny running loose ..its crazy once somebody hears that u have bunnies they always have a story for you...i saw a bunny yada yada yada..all the buns i rescued somebody told me about..and i cant just forget about something like that ..it eats me up...i gotta go see for myself.....but the park by my house is a well known drop off for bunnies...so anytime i walk the park ill find some..i try so hard to not go to that park...even when i drive by i always tell myself...."dont look at the park...u see no bunnies..keep driving"....maybe i cant save the world but i know in my heart that ive done my part.alot of people cant say that..

next im gonna tell u guys about the bunny that i heard about in line at the grocery store...geez people see that i have alot of veggies and ask whats all the parsley for?..then a guy in line behind me hears about my bunnies and says he has a bunny that was attacked by a coyote....and is still alive...well i cant let it go at that ..so long story short i take two bunnies from him ..one is fine and the other has a stump for a leg...i mean it looked like a chicken bone with no fur or skin on it...when he hopped on my back patio i could hear the bone click everytime he hopped..it had healed on its own .but it didnt look pretty..this poor little dude ..they said they heard a scream in the back yard looked out the window and saw a coyote but were too scared to go investigate til morning...(im tellin u if i saw a coyote around any of my critters id go barrelling out that door with anything i can grab on the way out!!)..so next day they go out and find him huddles in the corner with what he said was a minor injury so they taped popsicle sticks on both sides of his paw...could u imagine what this poor bunny went thru..not only with the shock of being in a coyotes mouth..but now having to deal with a half chewed off paw...i called Brambley hedge rabbit rescue and told them about this little guy and they wanted to take him and get him medical care and adopt him out..i was so stinkin happy!!..they ended up having to amputate his leg ..and after the surgery when he was healing he had a pulmonary embolism...and almost died .....yea hes been thru so much...but but but..ready for the GOOD NEWS!!??...he has healed up nicely...AND he has a new girl bun whos lost her tail he has bonded too..AND AND AND AND
drumroll.gif
.they have found their forever home together!!!!!!!!!!!..yay!!...
-happyhappy.gif
....heres some pics of him before the amputation and after,,:)

his bone stickin out
skippy001.jpg

such a sweet face and u can see his leg is half gone..
skippy008.jpg

after amputation:)
sage.jpg

and with his bondmate,

sage2.jpg

...this guy has really touched alot of people .i love happy endings:)..
thLushFlowerLine.png

Redrum danced all thru my head today...i love when she visits me....but i miss that little orange bunny so much....
ya know what the worst part of her death is....the vet told me that she prob would have lived quite awhile with her birth defect...what killed her was being under aenasthesia and on her back.....i wanted to get her spayed for her to be healthy and have a long life with me....but thats what killed her.

i shortened her life.

:hug: Lisa, you did what a responsible animal mama would do.. you were having her spayed to keep her living a longer life. This is nothing you could have foreseen. Im so glad she visits you.. I lost my soul kitty 12 years ago and I can not speak of her to this day outloud to anyone without sobbing. There are some animals that just crawl inside you and never ever leave.
I hope your guilt goes away. You truly were not the reason your bun died :(

The guilt can be overwhelming sometimes. We do try to make things better, but for whatever reason, it doesn't end up that way. I have lost two bunnies, not as direct results of, but as extending complications from molar grinds. My last bun I lost was Ellie, my heart and soul. She went through two bad homes before I adopted her. I thought I was helping her by have a dental done, but found that she ended up with an abscess under her tongue. She wouldn't eat, and it was not found until she made the tipping point of using her own body fat and muscle mass for energy. I tried to make her happy, and instead....

Maybe Ellie will visit me like Redrum visits you. It would make me so happy to see her again. Oddly enough, I think Luna, my other heart-bunny,came for Ellie when it was her time. I swear I saw Luna running around the house.

myheart

Lisa :hug1 If Redrum could speak, I'm sure she would want to tell you that wasn't your fault. You did what every bunny momma should do. She was such a sweet girl, I know you miss her so much, much much much more that any words can explain. One day we all will reunite again, :) I always say this to myself. It just this morning I woke up in tears, I miss my grandmother so much. :feelbetter: Thousand hugs for my dear friend !

PS : Your bunny - boy band is the best band ever !!! :wink

Janet and Tristana..today i know in my heart i was doin the right thing by getting her spayed...but when it happened ..the guilt was overwhelming...i mean i ADORED that bunny..i do love all my animals but every now and then one comes along and is even more special then the rest..they come into our lives when we NEED them and they spin their magic on us..when she left it seemed SO WRONG (i mean she was so young,and so full of light,,and i needed her so much at the time)...but later i realized she made me a more patient, more giving , more loving person....
i would have never went out and got this many bunnies ...i mean i would always save a bunny in need or any animal for that matter but it was like i yearned for a connection with another bun..altho i havent found another Redrum (yet) all my buns are loved for their own unique personalities and i wouldnt trade them for the rarest bunny in the world..not even an Enderby Island bunny:)

Janet ,Ellie will visit when u need her the most.

Brandy and trist im tellin ya anything i can grab on the way out the door that coyote better run for his life!!..what alot of people dont realize is they are so afraid of humans they wont stand their ground unless they are rabied,cornered,or have babies nearby.
how a person can hear any animal scream or hurt and still ignore it and go to bed is beyond everything i can imagine...

brandy i have no idea how she lost her tail...gosh do we really wanna know?...prob not.

ok guys it BUNNY TIME..im gonna line the length of my house with carpets (bamboo is too slippery)(my house is pretty long too) and im gonna let out each bunny!!.u know to stretch out those hoppers!!...they got enough room to catch some serious air..!!!..i luv doin this with them!..once they realize they got alot of room they really dig in and boogie!

my dogs are next..
Billie i got from my brother as a birthday gift..(not good)...i had lost my Jazzerbear(corgi mix) just recently due to cancer...she was 16 ...i went thru everything with this dog...my first apartment...,my dad dying,all the boyfriend breakups...this dog was my box of kleenex,,,she adored me and she could look at my facial expressions and know what kinda mood im in...she was the best...atleast i had 2 months to say goodbye to her.....anyways my bro hands me this little tiny itty bitty pitbull mix puppy...geez....what can i do ya KNOW...she was the cutest little precious thing..a quick pic of her when she was a baby...so ya know what im saying about cute...
uppy027aa.jpg

TOLD YA DIDNT I?...stinkin cute!~..

puppup2006.jpg

cute yes...bad heck yes...bad bad bad dog....:)..i have always had dogs ..i have no prob being the leader of the pack...but this dog will have none of it..shes stubborn...obsessive,,and other animal aggressive...but shes mine and i luv her and i gotta deal with it...she needs training and right now thats not possible...she has all the wrong traits from a pitbull...but she is the most entertaining dog ive ever had...she is a clown...she plays hacky sac with the lemons off my tree....she actually will step on the lemon to make it pop up..over and over again..did i mention obsessive ...?...im not sure i think i mightve.......she plows thru the dog toys ..u know the ones that say...super tuff..and double stitched...my butt......she destroys them within minutes.....obsessively....
so now her fav toy is empty 2 liter bottles....niice there free...hehe.....i also will give her a huge branch off the lemon tree to gnaw on....takes her no time to mutilate it...shes like a freakin woodchuck...i gave her last years xmas tree....the whole thing...she dragged that thing around the backyard and went to town on it.....
so anyways she doesnt have contact with any other living creature in this house...when she gets rotated from the big dog run to the other run or in the house..she is muzzled...yea its tough but when i take in an animal its for life...no matter what....well unless she bit a person..thats dif..shed be gone ..but shes not human aggressive at all...
couple more pics of my meanie..:)
all grown up with her little stuffed toy...
cadicts009.jpg

shes so mad at me in this pic..but i had to do it.....hehe

dis my homegirl..
cadicts007.jpg

and guys ??.. we didnt end up doing bunny airtime that day.......sigh......another sigh.

i did some bonding of bunnies...geez.no easy task i tell ya...ill post pics later ..:)

Back