My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I'm really glad that there wasn't much in the fridge to go bad, since its now out. hahah.
Unfortunately we're going to loose like a pint of milk.

Thankfully my moonshine won't go bad!

Awh Morgan, I'm all caught up on your blog and first of all, I loved the pictures you took on your trip! Your husband and son look so cute together and it'd be a nice family photo if YOU were actually in it :) Second, I'm sorry that your son is sick, hopefully he gets better soon, bedrest and soup... I always have these memories of my mother making me chicken soup when I was sick in bed and on antibiotics, then she would put a movie on for me to watch. :)

WTH has gotten into Ellie!?! She is a nuts and super hormonal bunny, she's all grown up :p Can't wait until you get her spayed and I'm SURE your household appliances would feel much more safe! I can't believe she actually chewed through the refrigerator cord... how'd your husband take the news? I know Luke has it out for the bunnies sometimes and he gets mad with their chewing but I think he'd have a full blown freak out if any of ours chewed the fridge cord :(

Okay, my fridge cord. It isn't chewed ALL the way through, but its chewed enough that it stopped power from the wall to the appliance. BUT I didn't tell my hub that she did it! haha. Now, normally I don't condone lying or telling half truths or fibbing, but in this particular case...I really like my rabbit and I would like to keep her as an inside pet and as a permanent fixture in my home. SO I had to fib. I didn't tell him that SHE did it, he took the adapter thing off the end of the cord and found it was a little corroded and the plastic was a little melted, so he thinks that its that! We have an old house with old wires and they're not great. The house lately, has really been showing its age and its slowing down. So he thinks the wiring in the house and the wiring in the dino-fridge are to blame. He didn't even look down at the bottom of the cord that was on the floor to see where she chewed through enough of it to stop it from working.
SOOOO my end game in this is to...replace the cord, see if that works. Maybe do some work on that outlet. And of course, if he sees the chew marks...I'll play so dumb you guys would think I'm *special* I will never tell him that I KNEW the rabbit did it, that I found that out first and then led him to believe that the house did it. hahaha. I'll always say that I didn't move the wash bucket, so I didn't know.
And you guys have to back me up on it!
Because if he found out from ME that Elvira chewed through the cord, Kaley and Omar or Jenny would be getting Ellie sooner than planned because he would probably kill me dead and shove her into a box so fast she wouldn't have time to thump about it. Just kidding, it would be that serious, but if there are any explosions on the eastern sea board, it was probably his head blowing off.

Ellie's spay. I brought it up to the hub today. A hell of a time to bring it up too, the fridge died and then I have a half bald rabbit who needs to be spayed. So I told him that I was going to give him my chicken money, whatever I made. To try to "lighten the load" so to speak, and he agreed. I told him it wasn't until May and he was fine with it. He did say that this is the last bunny we'll have spayed! haha. Hopefully she makes it through the surgery and I'll have a bunny for a long time! I'm so nervous about it. When I go, I think I'm going to sit in the vets office the whole time she's under and make sure she's okay! haha. But thankfully he saw her huge nest and her bald spots and he understands that this isn't going to get better, it will only get worse and he wants her to be a good rabbit. So he agreed.

OHHHH! I didn't tell you guys about Ellie last night. She was unsatisfied with HER fur in her nest, so she started pulling fur from the CATS! I poured food in their bowl and all three of them where sitting around eating. Ellie came up to the fat cat, sniffed her and then started to groom her and then next thing we know, shes pulling tufts of fur from the fat cat! haha. We laughed so hard. Then she went to Smokey after the fat cat walked away and Smokey wasn't having any of that crap! She smacked at her, but Ellie was fast enough to get away. So my hub was like "not in my house!" as Smokey smacked at Ellie. We were in tears we were laughing so hard. Then the fat cat came back and Ellie continued to pulls some more tufts from her. The fat cat doesn't care about anything, she just looked over at Ellie, who was pulling fur and was like "okay small thing, you can have it. But I'm going to drink your water." hahaha. It was great!

LOL!!! :roflmao: She's insane! That so has me cracking up.

Poor fat cat, haha. It seems like everyone in your house is suffering from Ellie's insanity right now. I can see how it might be a good thing for your hubby not to know the real cord culprit. We do want Ellie to survive being a cute little house bun :) I bet, even though the idea of her spay has you nervous, your just dying to get it done, and have an unhormonal bunny again.

I am Jenny! I can't wait to have to be normal and good in the litter box and be able to be out all the time...as long as I put all the cords up. The fridge cord was the only one out and she never showed any interest in it, plus I did have it blocked off. Just not well enough! haha.

She's such a good house bunny, she just needs to be mentally stable again! haha.

Ellie had a baby!
16knk3t.jpg

No really, its just Smedley my old cat. She found a nice comfy nest and I thought it was hilarious. haha.

And here is the giant clump of fur that I pulled from Elvira's mouth yesterday.
jb4q49.jpg

This whole nest building Ellie in the crazy place has been really interesting and messy. I hope she snaps out of it soon.

OMG! girl is insane! Poor little thing is so overrun with hormones although I found it hilarious that she started pulling fur from the cat!!! hahaha I told Luke like right before bed and he laughed... bunnies never surprise him anymore so all he could say was "Jesus." AND he totally said if the buns chewed the fridge cord, he wouldn't be as mad as I thought he would and I should stop making him sound like an ogre on the forum :p

BTW nicely played with your husband ;) :)

She is one nutty bunny at the moment. I can imagine the cat looking at her as she´s running off with his fur...she definitely needs some calming down or you´ll be going nuts with her.

I can imagine how you felt...when Snowy chewed through the tv cord and it wouldn´t work I was so mad but heck, you can´t stay mad for long. I managed to fix it so no big expense but if I couldn´t have fixed it, it would have been much worse. Nice way to handle your hubby, if he doesn´t need to know...you haven´t actually fibbed, you just haven´t told him the real reason.

Love the cat in Ellie´s nest.....glad someone appreciates it :thanks:

Haha! I started laughing when you said she is starting to pull fur from the cat. Too funny! She is one insane bunny.

I can just imagine her taking fur from the fat cat. Poor thing. I loved the photo of the cat in her nest I'm glad she likes it.

What rotten luck that she would bite the fridge cord. I know how I would feel if I had to tell the hubby that news so I feel for you! Look on the bright side, it might have been a good thing that she chewed it since there was other damage to the cord. She might have saved yens from having a fire :)

I hope AJ gets better soon. We've been dealing with health issues with the twins for the past couple of months. First it was the one and then the other. I swear sometimes these two have no immune system! Ha I just wish there was something we could do beyond what we do to keep them from getting sick. It doesn't help that they both have allergies and one has asthma as well. Kids!

I forgot about you mentioning the cabbage rolls! I love a good cabbage roll. We always called them stuffed cabbage rolls. My grandmother made some awesome ones. I wish I had her recipe. I think the most important part is to get the right sauce. If you make the right sauce then it should be good, the rest is fairly simple. If the sauce is not right then they just are not that good. If you find a recipe and it turns out good, I insist you share it with me. I sooo want some now. Dang, it's been years.

Denise, the cabbage rolls or golabki are GREAT! I've been looking at recipes for days now and I haven't found one that I like yet. Michelle pointed me to the Polish Google and I've been looking through the translations. I just don't know what was in these rolls. I also don't really know what the sauce was. But I'm going to give it a shot when I pick a recipe and hopefully it will turn out right and delicious like the ones that the ladies made!
I know you're from PA, are you of Polish decent? I am not, so I don't know if I'll be able to make them with the right... finesse.

And Denise you're also right, she could have saved us from a house fire! So its probably a good thing that she chewed the cord. I didn't even think about it like that, thanks for putting it into perspective! Maybe she knew something was wrong with the cord and decided to take it into her own hands to save us?! Like those cats that can tell when someone is dying and they go and comfort them into it, maybe Ellie knew!

The pin on my crazy grenade has been pulled. I don't feel very well, the cold that AJ had now my hub and I have. On top of the all the pollen coating everything, so we're both a little bleh. I feel like every time I breathe in I breathe in a cloud of pollen. Thankfully its raining and all the pollen will go away! AJ feels much better, his voice is coming back and his cough is lessening. He isn't pulling on his ear anymore, so hopefully the antibiotics are working well. Too bad my hub and I are now sick, hopefully our cough/cold's pass soon enough too!

Those cabbage rolls sound really good! You have to share the recipe if you find one you really like.

Lol, Ellie the Rescue Bunny! Little did you know :)

Sorry everyone is sick. That sucks! :( At least the little guy is on the mend.

So last night was a terrible night. I took half a benedryl before going to bed and then as I was drifting off into la-la land I realized that I didn't shut the chicks cage door or put the hen in her hospital cage. It started to rain a little bit, but I was already in the benedryl coma. Yes, it only takes half of one to make me knock out, its pretty sad. haha. Anyway, at like 3 am the gods decided that they would wage war or games over my house. So there were high winds, heavy rain and lots and lots of thunder and lightening. Zeus was either very angry or having a great time! I went to the window to check on the chickens, but I couldn't see anything. I also couldn't go out there for fear of being struck down by Zeus. So I just laid in bed all night and hoped that they weathered through the storm.
I finally couldn't take it anymore and went out at 7 when the sun had come up. I checked and the babies were all out of their cage and the hen was SOAKING wet. She stayed in the rain all night, poor girl. I knew I should have gone out to get her, but it was so scary out there. I really don't like thunder and lightening in this house. Its too old with its tin roof and faulty wires. She also wouldn't let me towel dry her off, I think the storm spooked her and she wouldn't come to me. She doesn't like thunder and lightening.

They're all okay but now I'm exhausted, I didn't give my benedryl a full time to work and now I feel sort of weird. haha. Plus not sleeping well and then worrying all night. How ridiculous. Then this morning, I was downstairs mopping the floor at 7:15 and I listened to my husbands alarm go off for 45 minutes straight! I finally went up there and hit him and told him to "wake the hell up the alarm needs a nap now from screaming at you for 45 minutes!" He finally got up. But he couldn't leave the house before dropping my phone in the bowl of water for the cats, a huge bowl that holds a gallon of water. So I think my phone is possibly ruined.

Why are my mornings always so insane in this house? I swear, I don't even get to get a cup of coffee in me before the whole house just falls apart! haha.

And there is my morning horror story. ahaha.

Yes, mornings in my house are always the worst. They say that most houses its the evening time when everyone is getting home and dinner is being cooked that is the most hectic time in the house. But thats not true for my house. My mornings are always full of surprises and good lord...sometimes I just want a calm morning! But its a like a bomb goes off in the morning and I have no idea how to make it less hectic. Is there a way? I don't think there is. If its not my son its my animals and if its not them, its the hub. haha. Sometimes it is me, I'm not a morning person! Me in the morning is like "if you pull the covers off me, I'll kill you." LMAO true story.

Nah, not Polish. My family is mostly German with some Czech thrown in and way, way, way back in time there was some French. I so wish I had my grandma's recipe. I have made them before and all was good except I didn't get the sauce right. Maybe I'll see if my sister knows anything about the recipe.

I'm sorry you got sick. We also have the crazy pollen thing happening. Our vehicles are black, just happened that way and when they get covered in the yellow pollen it always makes me think od the Steelers. We got lucky with just rain and it was windier before and after what should have been storms coming through than during it. I want a root cellar that can also be used for tornadoes or such. But it would have to be like someone buried a room under ground so we could sleep there and be comfy. Like it would have to have normal walls and such. Ha!

That's a shame the poor hen was out in that mess. We were talking yesterday about where we could put a chicken coop and hubby commented we would have to build it right and said the walls would have to be insulated. I asked couldn't we just get a hardy breed of chicken? Then he asked if we would use vinyl siding or just paint it? He's nuts! I bet we'll wind up siding it!

I'm not a morning person either and I guarantee either me or someone else would not survive two mornings like the ones you have. One could be managed but not two.

Latest posts

Back