My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHAhAHAHAHA! Wtf Morgan! I'm gone for just a few days and all this craziness happens?!?!?! I wish we all lived close to each other, we would have a ball! :D ohhh I love your pirate rant, I agree 110% Leo asked me the other day, "Do pirates still exist?" I'm like wth man?! Of course they do! I never understood the deal about buried treasure. Maybe that's their idea of a savings account or a bank or some crap haha. I want to hear you Christopher Columbus rant! Oh and also, about the road rage. If I yell at people Leo gets all pissed off at me and lets me that I talk to much when I drive, so I went on strike. Ha.

Ok dad-gummit! I will go check out Pinterest.com hahaha, you have said it so many times that I am curious. I mean, I have a account and they send me emails, but I never could figure it out so I don't open the emails, just hit delete. Lol!

Ellie is a little bit psycho, she must get that from her momma! Lol!

Morgan, I´ve been away two days and coming back, I had so missed your rants. I laughed so much at the pirate rant that I had a coughing fit and got a massive cramp and have been trying to get rid of it for the last ten minutes. I guess you´re right about all that buried treasure, never made sense that they´ve stash it away on a deserted island but I suppose when we´re kids, we never really notice anything as dumb as that. Yes, pirates do still exist but now wield sub machine guns and kidnap innocent people, times have changed.

Must admit don´t see many kids shows not having kids but do sometimes catch sponge bob or dora the explorer or a couple of other ones but it´s amazing how they do misinform kids about certain things.

YOu must tell us about your Christopher Columbus rant...I feel really feel slighted now you´re telling me he took veneral disease to England...you really have to tell me the whole story.

Ellie is keeping you busy, she just likes you to have lots to do but she does make me laugh, mine are sometimes like that, poop explosions, naughty moments and times when you just feel like screaming lol. I´m with Lisa, I wonder what would have happened to her had you not taken her home...she was one lucky baby bunny.

I have thought about where Ellie would have ended up. She probably would have ended up as some terrible little child's pet because she was the smallest one there, the parent would be like "oh that ones so tiny and cute! We want that one!" then they would take her home, feed her nothing put pellets and carrots and lettuce at 6 weeks old because the thought that "RABBITS LOVE CARROTS! THATS THE ONLY THING THEY LIKE TO EAT! LIKE BUGS BUNNY!" Then she would have grown up a few months being man-handled by gross kids, then she would have bitten one of them and then have been set free or put on craigslist or whatever...it would have been terrible for her! I think she got pretty lucky popping out from under that other bunny when she did, for me to see her! haha.

She has been sleeping on a little blanket I put in front of the fridge for her. She likes it there, its kind of cute. Except she won't move when I open the fridge door. She's so silly sometimes.
I did notice that she didn't eat many of her pellets last night. I gave her fresh hay in all her litter boxes in the later part of the day, so maybe she was just enjoying the night time fresh hay.
Or because I'm transitioning her food, maybe she doesn't like the sherwood anymore, she just wants the new pellets? Who knows.
BUT I did give her some butter lettuce and she ate that, so I don't think theres a problem with her. lol

I don't really remember what the rant about Christopher Columbus was about, because its not fresh in my mind. When I wrote it yesterday though, it was pretty bad, so thats why I didn't keep it on here. I think it was mostly how I don't like him. I'm part Native American, so it bothers me!

Kids shows make in completely insane. The only one I can really handle is spongebob. It sometimes makes me nuts, but doesn't bother me THAT much. I think Phineas and Ferb is my favorite though. It isn't really made for kids my son's age, its for older kids. But that show is amazing.

Okay, so here is my cabinet.
A little summary of what I did. I got this little spice cabinet at good will for like $2, like a year ago. I put it up on a shelf and never did anything with it because I didn't have a place to put it. Then when I painted the kitchen, I took something down and found the spice cabinet, so I decided to use it! I put it up on the wall, but I didn't like it because I didn't like the dark color it was. It was stained this really dark finish and it was too dark for my kitchen and a lot darker than my cabinets. So after seeing a bunch of stuff on pinterest, I got inspired to make that little cabinet better and to take my first steps into making my kitchen into this brightly colored really lovely place! haha.
So what I did was this...I sanded the cabinet down.
Then I painted it blue! Yes blue, its bright! After painting a few coats and letting it dry over night, I went back to "antique" it. During the antiquing process, I sanded the whole thing again, and sanded some edges more than others and made it look like it had been worn down around the handles and stuff.
So I took a $2 cabinet, a 97 cent bottle of paint and made it into this great blue antiqued spice cabinet! haha.
Now here are the pictures!

This is with a little sanding, I realized I didn't take a picture before I started!
jkyryh.jpg

One coat of paint down!
42stg.jpg

Second coat, getting ready for the "antiquing".
w1y69w.jpg

This is the whole thing, antiqued.
2088ljd.jpg

A better view of the top.
s61ziu.jpg

I really like it! I think its pretty cute. I'm going to start adding all kinds of bright colors to my kitchen now, to make it really bright and open and fresh. I can't wait. I hope you guys like it!

It´s absolutely fantastic, love the colour, would love to see where you put it in your kitchen. You are so crafty...you were right. You´ve been hiding your light under a bushel...now that´s a good old English expression lol. What a change from the original and you´d never believe you only spent 3$ on it. I am impressed girl.

Ellie was one lucky bunny. You´re probably right, she´d have ended up in some house with loads of kids who get bored with her in no time and feed her badly and would have ended up either being thrown out or rehomed. Good job she popped out when she did.

Mine like blankets but if you put it there in front of the fridge, don´t expect me to move lol. She´s probably filling up on hay, haven´t had any pics recently...I feel an Ellie fix coming on.

Chris! Thank you for reminding me! I took a picture of Ellie today in her new favorite place in front of the fridge and I totally forgot to post it when I was posting pictures of my spice thing! haha.
Here it is!

I liked the way she had her front legs all stretched out. She was so comfortable!
15y5hs.jpg

Last edited:
She is just adorable. Houdini and Snowy sit like that all the time..I think it´s their chilled out posture and I love the way they look. Her coat is so shiny, I just wanna pick her up and cuddle her. She´s growing into a lovely little lady.

So remember this morning I said that Ellie hadn't eaten all of her pellets from her bowl? And I was a little worried, but I gave her some lettuce and she was fine? So we all figured she was just filling up on hay? Well...that wasn't the case.
I found out what she was eating, instead of her pellets.

This is what I found. This rabbit is ridiculous.
2lcsaxj.jpg

2meyicy.jpg

That bag of food is in a box that is filled with her stuff. It has her litter scooper and little broom/dust pan. Her hay is right next to it on a pile of her dirt blankets(as you can see) haha. I guess the bag open when I scooped it this morning when I gave her some pellets. And I guess she likes the new walmart pellets better than she likes the sherwood. lmao.

And how do you know your rabbit has been under something she shouldn't have been under?
Its all in her face.
2ijk8r5.jpg

15ogua1.jpg

Yep, thats how its been going tonight. lmao. She's totally insane.

Last edited:
Lol, crazy bun! :) Of course she likes the walmart food better, it has sugar in it, and we know our rabbits are sugar fanatics. My rabbits pick all of the new tastier food, out first, now that I'm switching them over.

Haha, caught in the act Ellie! I hate when my rabbits go crawling under something, and come out covered in dust bunnies that I then, have to clean off them.

Love your spice rack! Wish I was feeling crafty :)

I HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THING. Thank goodness, it seemed like every time I revisited, there were maybe a dozen new pages tacked on to the end!

Anyway, Ellie is so adorable. I couldn't believe the last two pictures and how big she's gotten! A couple things from your recent updates - I absolutely love the colour you painted that cabinet, I'm sure it looks great in your kitchen! I can't wait to see all the bright things you put in there, Luke and I had the cutest little yellow vintage oven in our first apartment a couple of years ago, and I miss the way it made my kitchen feel. And about Ellie's big butt - Doc has the same problem. Not normally when he's in the big cage they will eventually share, but the stupid smaller one has to have a smaller box, and every morning after he spends the night in it, there's pee everywhere. It's reason number one that these two gotta get bonded fast. :p

How I laughed at that naughty bunny....it´s so funny that dust all over her whiskers, the evidence was there, no wonder she wasn´t eating much. In that last picture, the face says it all..yeah, I´ve been busted, so what hahaha.

She doesn't care! When I caught her last night, I heard some digging but it sounded really muffled. So I was like wth is going on there? Where is she? So I walked in and she was right in front of her cage, with stuff all over her whiskers. I look in her cage and that piece of wood that covered the awkward hole in the bottom of the cage, the wood was pushed to the side. I think that I actually did it yesterday and forgot to move it back, so she got under the cabinet. haha. I guess its a little dusty under there because it never gets moved. Ew. When we re-do our floor in there, it should be pretty interesting to see whats actually under there. NOT. Yuck, its going to be gross.

Lisa, her face does look more adult! She looks like a big girl now, but she's still so small. I tried to get a picture of my husband holding her last night, but he wouldn't let me! He was like NO! I need a haircut and I don't want a picture right now! I'm tired! Then he whined some more and put her down. haha. It was funny. We caught her 3 other times in the food bag, I guess I should probably close it, but that thought never occurred to me last night, lmao.

Lyndy, I bet your little yellow oven was great. Was it a wall oven? It was probably from the late 70s-early 80s. If it was the brighter yellow then I think it was 80s. If I remember my colors right. I have avocado green for my stove and fridge, they're both from the 70s. And they're AMAZING! I think I'm going to get some avocado green appliance paint and paint my microwave and washer and dryer the same green. That way they all match, I think it will really pull the room together. hahaha. I can't wait to start finding some new brightly colored things to put into the kitchen. Or just anything for that matter, I'm not limited for color any more! haha. I want my kitchen to look like the parents kitchen of Parenthood. I'm painting my cabinets avocado too, but like a shade or two lighter than my appliances, so it won't be TOO much avocado. Then all the other colors, I think its going to be amazing.

At this moment, my rooster is crowing and my son is telling him to HUSH! haha. Its so funny. Its over cast here today so my rooster is a little confused and will crow all day! haha.

My whole household is trying to age me. I feel really stressed out and a little crazy in the head. I feel like my brain never stops running and my head really hurts this morning. I don't sleep because I'm constantly worried about things. Its making me totally insane...really.

Oh and I thought this was funny this morning. I take 3 vitamins a day, and this morning I had to add some motrin to that for my head. So I look at my hand with 3 pills and it just looks like I'm trying to take care of myself, then I add 2 more pills-making it 5 in my hand-then it looks like I'm an old lady having to take all kinds of pills in the morning. haha. I thought it was sort of funny this morning. Maybe not. At least I actually took them though, half the time I put my vitamins in my pocket and forget for hours to take them. haha. Stupid.

Just goes to show you can´t give them an inch...she´s been feasting for the last few days. Her face is changing but it´s still such a lovely face.

Your kitchen sounds great and the colours I really like...they are sort of 70´s but I like that kind of stuff. Sometimes I hate all this modern monochrome metallic art deco stuff, it all looks exactly the same. I think it´s nice nowadays to do something different and unique.

Your rooster sounds like a real character, I can imagine your son telling him that it´s time to stop now lol.

You remind me of a friend of a friend who used to sell Herbalife products and we were having lunch with her. Well, you´re not like her but I remembered that day...anyway, just before lunch she poured all these coloured pills into her hand, there must have been over a dozen and just threw them down her throat...I was sitting there with my mouth open...don´t know what they were but wow, that´s a lot of pills. So your three are like not that many. I laugh at my mom when she´s over here cos she never remembers to take her pills and I always have to give them to her and make sure she swallow every one and when I call her to ask her if she´s taken her pills, she can never remember lol...I hate pills, I´ve taken more in the last four days than in the last four years.

I feel like an old person when I forget to take my vitamins. Like, at 3pm I'll reach in my pocket and find them when I was supposed to take them at 8am. haha. How sad. I have the memory of...well, I don't know. But its not very good.

I had this rant about the weather, but I just couldn't put it up. It would have been such a waste to read because I'm just complaining about mother nature being such a B. haha. I just need spring summer to get here, like tomorrow. That would be nice.

So I'm eating lunch right now and I turned this kid show on for my son. Its Banana's in Pyjama's. This show is so stupid. OMG. I'm actually having anxiety watching this show. Their names are B1 and B2. They just got a fish from the ocean and its in a bag and they were running with the fish and swinging it everywhere, then they dropped the fish and the bag bounced down the hill. What? Who puts that in a kids show? Now kids are going to think that its okay to shake the fish bag and its okay to bounce it down the hill. Now the fish is desperately trying to get away from these crazy ass bananas in pyjamas.
I can't tell if their adults or kids. There is also a bear family that lives next to them, they're called the Teddy's. I don't know if they're adults or kids either? They all live by themselves and I'm super confused. I'm a little disturbed actually. And there is a monkey scientist.
Their pyjama's actually have B1 and B2 on the lapels of their pyjama's. Ahhh. I want to throw these bananas off a cliff. Oh thank god, they let the fish go back to the ocean! I hate this show. I hate kid shows. They make my brain go to the crazy place. Ugh.

And now I can't stop spelling pyjama's like that. The other way to spell it, the un-American way to spell pyjama's.

Ohhh. And since I'm the subject of tv. I watched this documentary yesterday about this family in West Virginia. The White family. OMG! They were the most redneck, insane family I've ever seen. Like those people are where rednecks came from...they spawned the rednecks. It was completely ridiculous. I cleaned the windows on my french doors and sat in the floor and watched this documentary and my jaw was on the floor. I could not, for the life of me, close my mouth because I was in such shock about what I was watching. It was totally insane. The doc is called The Wild and Wonderful Whites, if anyone wanted to look it up. I caution anyone foreign to watch it with an open mind, all american's are not like this. haha. The doc should come with a warning that says, you should have a cushion for your chin on the floor, because you'll never get your mouth closed again. OR, very offensive stuff. You're about the watch the birth family of the modern day redneck, beware. Not even kidding guys, and I live in and LOVE the south. I was embarrassed to even say that I'm from the south. So bad. These people got married in a grocery store, in the flower department. IN A GROCERY STORE. Shocked. I was shocked. Sorry, I had to get that out. I'm going to make my husband watch it tonight so he can be as shocked as I am. hahahaha. Everyone watch it!

Organization is-a calling me.

Your avocado kitchen sounds amazing! It also makes me want the avocados I just bought to hurry up and ripen already. :p

Also I totally remember Bananas in Pyjamas. I think it was first aired when I was a kid. I was never into it, but I saw it at a friend's house a few times. Totally weird show. Also I despise bananas, I only ever buy them for the rabbits, and that is rare. I just found some freeze dried ones at Trader Joe's that make a good treat, and they also don't smell and smush and are generally less disgusting!

I've never seen this show either about bananas in pajamas? B1 and b2? wow. It sounds kinda stupid :).

I need to see that documentary. Stuff like that fascinates me. Have you seen Honey Boo Boo? I watched that with my jaw on the ground too.

I HAVE seen Honey Boo Boo, but here's the thing; I LOVE it. I love to watch anything that makes me feel better about myself. That show is one of the things that makes me fell flipping great! hahaha. I just don't get the stereotype about southerns. When I first went and met my husbands grandparents and his aunt and uncle, the first thing his aunt said to me, swear to god was..."OMG! You have all your teeth and you have no accent! I thought you were from South Carolina?" I just stood there like...what? OMG did she just say that to me? HOW RACIST! hahaha. She's really nice though, they were just shocked I guess.
I haven't always lived in a small town, I lived in downtown Charlotte when I was growing up. Then as I became a teenager I dated a guy with a truck and we would go play in the mud in four wheel drive and that was it for me, I knew that I never wanted to live in the city again.
But with Honey Boo Boo, I sort of get that. They're crazy as hell, but they're just regular people who don't have much money but they get by and get to have a little fun while they're at it. I think that that show has sort of make the south look like a bunch of goobers, but it has also shown REAL people, the stuff that happens in real like, like teen pregnancy, going to food auctions(which I have never been a part of, but my husband has LOL), the husband working SO hard, to live in a not so great house and still trying to make it so all his kids and wife still have a good life. I sort of get that, its the American story. BUT they run around acting crazier than sh*t house rats and thats not cool. Plus June has no control of her kids! haha.

Now I have to watch some Honey Boo Boo and feel better about myself.
But Lisa if you watch the Wild and Wonderful Whites, let me know! DON'T WATCH IT WITH YOUR SON! It has lots of cursing and drug use! LOL thats my disclaimer.

I organized my bathroom last night, it was amazing. I'll show you guys pictures of my cabinets because I have to show off my awesomely amazing organizational skills. lmao. I also organized Ellie's little cubby thing with all of her junk and it looks pretty good, it will look better once I get her switched to one food and there isn't different food things in there. I share more about my methods later!

So I have a question about Ellie's eating? She isn't eating the Sherwood anymore, at all. She hates it now, because she wants that sugary awesomeness of the walmart food. I HAD been transitioning her to the new food, but then she skipped me feeding her and just started eating for herself. So she's basically eating JUST the walmart food. I'm going to have to measure the walmart food out though, because she's a piggy. I think I'm going to start out with half a cup a day, because she doesn't get too many greens yet, I don't know why I guess because shes a baby and I'm scared of breaking her. haha. She gets stuff everyday but she only gets lettuces and cilantro. Anyway, can I just switch her all the way over to the walmart food? Her poop looks good still, no soft poops or anything, I'm constantly in her litter box checking. If I went ahead and switched her I could feed the rest of the sherwood to my chickens because they really like it! haha. There is only like 2 cups left of the sherwood. LOL.

I'm watching the Wonder Pets with my son and this show is...special. ;) I just feel like these shows promise a lot of kids. Like if you get in a tiny boat that flies you can be in Africa in like 4 minutes. Makes so sense. I've started putting on a bunch of national geographic shows, I know he doesn't understand them but I'm hoping that all the information I learned yesterday about the Middle Ages, he'll learn through osmosis. lmao.

I think she'll be fine with the food switch if she already spent a couple days eating it and doesn't have any funny poops. I could be wrong, because I've apparently been blessed with a bunny with an iron stomach, but that's my thought. I also kept gradually increasing Monty's greens every week even when she was still under 6 months, and she never had a single squishy poo! She even ate a foam "foot" (stick-on cushion thing) from the bottom of a planter yesterday and was completely unfazed. Crazy bun!

And I used to catch the beginning of Bananas in Pyjamas on WCIU back when i was watching something else on it in high school...I don't remember what, but yeah, that show looked completely f'n annoying and STUPID. This is coming from me, who could stand Teletubbies and Pokemon on my sick days. I loved the vacuum (nunu?) on Teletubbies.

Well, my rooster has broken my finger.
The gate was open to their coop because of the wind and the hen was out. I went out to shut it and get her in, the roo comes out of the coop and full on starts attacking me. I grabbed a small stick, like 12" long to try to fight him off. He jumped over the stick and jabbed his spur into my right middle finger. At first I didn't think it was that bad, until it started pouring blood. It took me 10 mins to get back into the house, even then he followed me up the steps.
My finger started to swell and is now 3 times the size if my other fingers and I can't bend it. It is excruciating. Its only a small cut, but I think when he got his spur in there, he did damage to the bone.
I taped it to my index finger and it hurts even more taped. I just want to cry. Actually I am crying because it hurts so bad.

He is leaving next week, I have some hopefully coming to get him. I just can't deal with his constant aggression. He wouldn't stop attacking me. I'm so upset right now.

Latest posts

Back